So you want to be a guest blogger with Blufashion? First things first.
We’re swamped with emails from “Joe Schmo” who wants to write for us. The obvious form letter telling us how *amazing* the content is on “the site”. So flattering to hear how their article will fit in our “niche” perfectly. <cough, cough>
If you found us on a “accepts guest posts” website, we’re probably not interested in getting to know you. Don’t take it personally, though; we’re just not interested in getting involved in link circles no matter what you think you can promise in return.
If you already blog and have a presence in the fashion/beauty/health/lifestyle world, let’s talk. If you are against tanning and want to educate our readers on what you know, let’s talk. We really would love to have you. Read below for our guest blogger guidelines.
Articles We Accept:
- Fashion & Beauty topics – We accept high-quality articles in topics related to fashion, sun safety, wedding, hair, nails, skincare, makeup, lifestyle, and all other related topics.
- Blog Post Ideas For Jewelry – We accept high-quality articles in topics related to engagement rings, antique jewelry, body jewelry, diamonds, or jewelry trend articles.
Content Must Be:
- Original Unique Content – not published on your blog or any other blog in original or any modified form.
- Exclusive – the same article cannot be modified and published elsewhere. You can link to the article from your own blog to let your readers know about your article.
- The word count must be 800+ words and must contain sub-headings.
How to Submit Guest Article
- Send your article by email to support [at] blufashion.com.
- Attach the article in a Word document.
- Attach images separately with email. (Our template needs images that are 800px wide or higher.) We have a bank of stock photos available to us, but we love images taken personally by our guest bloggers. No image isn’t a deal-breaker, but if you have one, even if you’re not sure if we’ll like it, send it.
If you have a creative idea for ad placement, please feel free to contact us. Creative ideas are always welcome.
Guest post articles are scheduled for publishing on weekends only. However, fast-track options are available.
We reserve the right to edit articles for our readers, but we don’t have time to spend editing your work. If it needs a lot of polishing, we may ask you to try again. If it needs minor changes for web format or grammar, we’ll do that. By submitting a guest post, you’re agreeing to allow us to make edits as we see fit, but we will never change your article voice or subject – only format and grammar.
If accepted, we hope to upload your article within 24 hours. If we are running behind, we will try to give you an updated time frame, and we appreciate your patience.
If there are minor edits, just let us know, and we’ll fix them for you.
At this time, we do not. If that changes, we will update this page with current rates. But there are still great benefits to guest blogging and building your web presence.
If your article fits with our site and meets our guidelines, absolutely. Rock that resume, girlfriend.
Great! To both! Some bloggers want to write to grow their writing resume, and some bloggers want to be a regular writer. There is room for both at Blufashion.com.
Yes, please. We will not post alternative images such as drawings or artwork. If you do not want a headshot, we will leave it out. No biggie. The bio should be 2-5 short sentences about you, your website, or your blog.
After Article is Published
- Answer Comments – readers may like to discuss your article in the comments. Having the guest author answer comments add to your credibility and is just an overall better response. You’re the expert in the article, and having the expert answer your questions is awesome.
- Promote on Social Media Sites – We’ll do this as well, but submitting your article on your social media accounts will provide you with more eyes and more people coming to your site from ours. You’re free to link to the article from your blog as well, but you can’t re-post the whole article.
- Consider Writing With us Again. We’d love to have you.
- Become a member of our Product Review Club. Once you submit your first product review and it is approved for our site, we will add you to our “Product Review Club” if you are interested. We often get requests from manufacturers to review beauty products, and when we do, we will randomly pick a member of our “product review club” and have the manufacturer send it right to you. We’ll ask if you’re interested, but if we don’t hear back from you right away, we’ll pick another member. In exchange for the free product, you are agreeing to write a review (stating both pros and cons of the product) for Blu Fashion. Questions? Email us at support[at]www.blufashion.com.