Unisex t-shirts have been on the trend for a couple of years because men’s t-shirts or women’s t-shirts are more expensive and not sustainable like unisex tees. Unisex t-shirts give a flattering appearance for both genders, suitable for a relaxed fit, versatile, and affordable for both men and women. Unisex T-shirts are worth buying.
Types of Unisex T-Shirts
Here are the types of Unisex T-shirts you can choose for yourself and your family.
- Crew neck t-shirt: Crew neck t-shirt has no collar. It has a round neck and is suitable for people who want to make their shoulder square. So, if you focus on the top of your body and want to wear something under your loose-fit shirts, you can choose crew-neck t-shirts.
- V-neck t-shirt: If you want to show your neckline longer and feel more breeze, you can choose a v-neck t-shirt. The depth of “V” in your t-shirts also allows you to show your jewelry if you are a woman. It is also suitable for a night out for both sexes.
- Tank top: Although many argue that a tank top is not a t-shirt, it is best for lounging around the house. If you are in a bodybuilding program or have a healthy body, wear it on the beach because it allows more airflow than crew neck t-shirts.
- Sleeveless T-shirt: A Sleeveless T-shirt is like a tank top t-shirt but covers more shoulder area. It is more lightweight and delicate than a tank top. This t-shirt is ideal to show off your toned physique.
- Long-sleeved t-shirt: The long-sleeved t-shirt is ideal for people with allergies to pests and sunlight (solar urticaria). Wear it under a jacket or cardigan in winter to get extra warm.
- Oversized t-shirt: A trend in the fashion industry is “t-shirt over hoodie.” If you want to wear a tee over an unisex hoodie, buy a baggy T-shirt. An oversized t-shirt gets human eyeballs because it has breathability. In a sweltering summer, you can wear oversized t-shirts.
- Graphic T-shirt: If you want people to read you and show your sense of humor, try a graphic T-shirt.
- Raglan sleeve t-shirt: This t-shirt gives you a sporty look.
- Scoop-neck t-shirt: This t-shirt has a “U” shaped neck.
Besides, there are Hanley t-shirts, vintage t-shirts, tie-dye t-shirts, performance t-shirts, and hooded t-shirts on the market.
From my point of view, I feel comfortable, trendy, and edgy with crew neck, v-neck, and graphic t-shirts.
How to Choose the Right Unisex T-Shirts
Without fluffing, I will tell you three steps you must follow while buying a t-shirt for you. Here you go –
- Know your size: You must consider your size while choosing a T-shirt. Here is the unisex t-shirt size chart from Dave Curl Store:
|BODY LENGTH (cm)||BODY WIDTH (cm)|
- Materials: Cotton is the most widely used material in the t-shirt industry. It is inexpensive and more breathable than polyester fabric. What if the cotton is ring-spuned? The ring-spun cotton gives finer, more durable fabric than regular cotton fabric.
However, if you need a wrinkle-proof t-shirt, you can go for either polyester or bamboo-made t-shirts. A hemp-made t-shirt is sustainable, and a modal t-shirt is synthetic.
- Color and Design: You must know the color psychology to look edgy. Let’s say a white v-neck T-shirt with navy blue jeans is looking fantastic. Besides, you must consider many color contrasts when buying an unisex t-shirt. To express your passion, you can choose a graphic t-shirt.
How to Style With Unisex T-Shirts
You can go from drab to fab with unisex tees if you follow any of the following:
1. Wear Jeans:
You can wear denim jeans with your T-shirt. Again, you must consider color contrast. Besides, you can wear skinny or mom jeans with a T-shirt.
2. Hats or beanies:
Hats or beanies are the underrated accessories to wear with your tee. Wear a hat to protect your hair in the windy summer. On top of that, you can wear beanies in winter for warmth and hair protection.
You can also boost your fashion by wearing jewelry, nice-colored shoes, earrings, bracelets, and color belts.
Layering up or down is possible with tees available in the market. If you want to wear a T-shirt over a hoodie, buy a baggy T-shirt. Wear a v-neck tee under your halfway unbuttoned shirt if you want to elongate your neck.
How to Care Unisex T-Shirts
There is nothing complicated about caring for a unisex tee. All you have to do is given below –
- Do not wash too often.
- Wash with quality detergents.
- Dry out it completely, but do not under direct sunlight. Drying under direct sunlight will harm the color.
- Iron it carefully.
- Store it safely.
Unisex T-shirt Trends in 2023
As fashion is an evolving industry, many trends come and go. However, here are the unisex t-shirt trends in 2023:
- Vintage T-shirt
- Crypto T-shirt
- Tie-dye T-shirt
- Retro T-shirt.
Where to Buy Unisex T-Shirts
Every day, we see ads on the internet that people are selling T-shirts. It is intimidating for us to believe them. However, you can either buy from your nearby physical store. If you want to buy online, you can check out Amazon, Redbubble, Spreadshirt, Dave Curl Store, etc.
Last Two Cents
For a comfortable, versatile, best-looking, flattering look, one must try out a unisex t-shirt without a doubt. You don’t have to break the bank to buy an unisex t-shirt, whereas purchasing a men’s or women’s tee costs you more. Besides, it is more sustainable as it is a relaxed fit for you.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.