Teenage models are one of the most sought-after demographics for fashion brands. Not only do they look young and fresh, but they also have an energy and vitality that can translate well to photography. That said, modeling can be a tough career path. With so many photographers out there looking for new faces, it’s essential to know how to look your best in photos.
In this article, we’ll share five hints that will assist you with accomplishing this objective.
Make sure to have a good diet.
Creating a healthy body image for teenage models is important. Eating a balanced diet, exercising enough, and staying away from unhealthful habits can all help create good images. It’s also important to ensure that their clothes reflect their healthy lifestyle.
One way to do this is to select clothes made of fabrics that are conducive to a healthy body image. For example, avoid clothing made of spandex or stretch fabric because they can give the appearance of being excessively thin or muscular.
Instead, choose clothes made of cotton or other natural fabrics which will allow your body to breath and stay cool in hot weather conditions. Additionally, try to choose flattering and stylish clothing, regardless of whether it fits well or not. Teenage models should also take care when choosing makeup and hairstyles. Makeup should be tasteful and appropriate for the age group being portrayed, while hairstyles should fit within the context of the outfit being worn.
Have plenty of rest
Getting a lot of rest is fundamental for high school models. At the point when you’re worn out, your skin looks dull, and you have less energy to place into your appearance. Likewise, if you’re constantly running around from shoot to shoot, you’ll wind up looking tired and drawn. To ensure that you’re looking your best in photos, get at least seven hours of sleep per night and avoid working out within two days of a photo shoot.
Also, take care of your skin by using sunscreen daily and washing your face twice daily with a gentle cleanser. Finally, keep your hair clean and styled in a way that won’t pull on the skin around your eyes.
Avoid heavy makeup and fake tan.
One of the most important things for teenage models to do is to avoid heavy makeup and fake tan. These can make them look more seasoned and more drained than they really are. Instead, use light, natural makeup and wear only mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss.
Also, avoid using too much bronzer or blush, as these can also make the skin look darker than it is. Finally, keep a natural hairstyle in mind – short hair or no hair at all – as this will give the models a more youthful appearance.
Be patient while modeling.
The modeling process can be long and challenging, but with a little patience, models can look their best in photos. Here are some tips from Bartholomew Photography to help teenage models look their best in photos:
- First, avoid posing excessively. Posing for too long can make the model appear stiff and uncomfortable in the photo. Instead, try to strike a natural pose that feels comfortable and flattering.
- Second, ensure your cosmetics is applied accurately. Teenage models should avoid wearing too much makeup or applying it in an overly dramatic way. Instead, stick to simple eyeshadow and lip glosses to give you a natural appearance without overdone.
- Finally, keep your hair styled correctly. Models should never wear their hair out of place or in a too wild or complicated style. Try to go for sleek hairstyles that will frame your face nicely and hide any flaws.
Know your angles
When it comes to modeling, it’s all about the angles. In order to look their best in photos, teenage models need to know how to pose and capture the right light. Here are a few hints to assist them with putting their best self forward:
- Pose with confidence. Teenage models should always feel confident when posing for photos, no matter the setting. A good way to achieve this is by practicing different poses until you find ones that work best for you.
- Keep your eyes open for lighting opportunities. One of the most important things teenage models can do for their photographs is adjust their poses accordingly to the lighting. If there’s enough light, they can stand or sit straight with their shoulders back and head held high; if there isn’t much light, they can tilt their heads down and avoid looking too serious or posed.
- Think about your background and surroundings. When posing for a photo, be aware of your background and any accessories you may wear. Make sure everything in the photo looks coordinated and complimenting – including your outfit, props, and environment around you!
- Take advantage of natural light whenever possible. Some of the best photos are taken outdoors in natural sunlight. Try to find places where this is possible when taking pictures of your model friends!
- Use props wisely! Props can add a lot of interest and variety to a model’s photo session.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website's content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra's expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.