High-Waisted Bikinis: We can all agree that high-waisted bikinis are ridiculously underrated, right?
The kids are telling me that it’s spring break season (I’m old now, so I don’t follow those kinds of shenanigans), so y’all are probably hunting for some new bikinis, right? Might I suggest a high-waisted one?
I know what you’re thinking: high-waisted bikinis are just as potentially frump-tastic as one-pieces (which, BTW, are delightful and not frump-tastic at all, so long as you buy the right one). But that’s a huge misconception; I personally find high-waisted bikinis even more figure-flattering and universally appealing than normal bikinis. The higher cut on the bottom gives you a more defined hourglass figure, and they’re the perfect complement to longline tops, which are pretty much the bathing suit equivalent of a corset (in a good way). It’s a pretty silhouette combined with the extra coverage and structure for anyone who’s either self-conscious or wary of showing too much skin for fear of a horrible sunburn.
Sound good? I thought so. Read one to shop our favorite high-waisted bikinis!
1. Mix and Match Tropic Floral Print Square Bandeau Bikini Top and High Waist Bikini Bottom
Florals for spring are only groundbreaking when they’re on a high-waisted bikini. Miranda Priestly once said that I think.
2. Out From Under Solid Longline Underwire Bikini Top and Solid Ruched High-Waisted Bikini Bottom
This is actually a much higher cut than I’ve seen on a high-waisted suit, but if you’re buying one for the support factor, this one’s for you.
3. Braided Plunge Bikini Top and Bottoms
A mistake people often make with high-waisted bikinis is limiting themselves to either bandeaus or the aforementioned longline tops. Normal triangle or bra-shaped tops look just as good, and they have a bit of a sexier feel.
4. Swim Sexy The Charlatan Bikini
I’m a little bit obsessed with crochet detail on this bikini. I’m also a little obsessed with Ashley Graham, but that’s neither here nor there.
5. Cross Over Front Bikini Top and High Waisted Bikini Bottoms
This one’s pretty funky: from the front, it kind of looks like a cutout, wraparound one-piece.
6. Amuse Society Leah Ivory and Black Print Bikini Top and Raquel Black High-Waisted Bikini Bottom
You can get more playful with your bottoms, too, using cutouts, different shapes, or different rises.
7. Crisscross Halter Bikini Top and High-Waisted Bikini Bottoms
Or you can go sheer! Sheer works!
8. Swimlette Vertical Stripe and High Waist Stripe
I feel like I might get dizzy if I looked at this suit for too long, but Giejo makes some pretty great stuff, as evidenced by their swimwear collab with Madewell.
9. Splash, Prints, Repeat Swimsuit Top and Swimsuit Bottom
ModCloth makes some killer swimsuits, and if you haven’t given them a try, I definitely suggest doing that thing. I have their dino-printed high-waisted bikini, and it’s just as glorious as it sounds.
10. Tart Arhrodie Bandeau Top & High Waist Bikini Set
You can’t really go wrong with a bright watercolor print.
11. Convertible Halter Bikini Top and Caged High-Rise Bottoms
And, sometimes, going for a bold bottom with a neutral makes for a nice change of pace.
12. High-Neck Bikini Top and High-Waisted Swim Bottom
And frankly, this one just looks cozy. Good job, Old Navy.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.