Ever since we have known and understood fashion, we have seen a perfect and slim body persona. Bigger ad curvy bodies have always been an afterthought, but with fashion evolving and trends changing, we’re seeing a positive shift towards more inclusivity.
Women that don’t fit into the conventional beauty standards need not just sizeable clothes but also more trendy clothes to boost their confidence and give them a glamorous, fun, and beautiful look. Every woman deserves to feel feminine, bright, and fabulous, regardless of her size or body type. Brands are emphasizing on diverse and fitted plus-sized clothing, so curvy women have just as many options as slim bodies do. This depicts a shift in the sentimental tone for plus-size clothing.
The new and evolving fashion industry is about trendy clothing, but it is also a representation of body positivity and inclusivity. If you’re looking for plus-sized fashion trends for curvy bodies, read on further to see what’s in and what’s out!
Styling the Plus Size Look
If we talk about the runway, size zero is still a common sight. But some fashion brands are featuring plus-size models prominently, and new trends are coming in the industry which can resonate with women of all sizes and boost their confidence encouraging them to dress however they desire.
Fashionable clothes in all sizes certainly help women achieve the desired look when tailored accordingly. A casual fall outfit, a floral summer dress, or plus size special occasion dresses – curvy women can have it all to create a comfortable, bold, or attractive look – however, a few things should be kept in mind.
- It is necessary to choose the right colors for any look, plus-size or otherwise. Muted and deep shades such as brown, gray, olive green, mustard blue, wine, emerald, or white color look exquisite in plus-size clothing. Pastel shades add a delicate effect and white color helps create a refreshing look.
- To style, a look to excellence, textures, and materials are also as important as the colors. Silk, tweed, denim, linen, satin, and cotton are some materials that look great and fit smoothly on a curvaceous form.
- Baggy and extra-large size clothes, odd colors, and chafing fabric can look unappealing, so stay away from anything that compromises your comfort because half your confidence comes from you feeling good in what you wear.
Fashion Trends to Inspire Curvy Bodies
Plus-size trends in 2022 are going to be about fitting curvy women, highlighting their features, and giving them a trendy look. Here are some timeless trends that you can take inspiration from.
1. Embrace Prints:
Prints can liven up your style, and choosing a great print can make your outfit spectacular.
If you have a plus-size body type, then vertical stripes are ideal for wearing. Vertical stripe prints give your body a slim look.
- Remember, if you are picking an article of clothing with paisleys or Aztec prints, make sure the prints are placed horizontally and do not have much space between them.
- Mixing prints with solid colors can elevate an outfit and create a flattering look. Wearing a solid color t-shirt with a printed skirt also looks appealing and hides any areas on the stomach you don’t want to accentuate.
- You can never go wrong with floral prints. The floral print is almost always a good option. Just make sure your outfit has small flowers, as floral print can look unattractive if overdone. Floral blouses look very alluring, and you can style them with jeans. Floral jumpsuits give an effortless look to your body.
- Small and medium-sized polka dots always look exquisite on plus-size women. Polka dot dresses on a plus-size body can help you embrace your curves.
2. Accessorize With Style:
It is important to make sure that you are picking an accessory that matches your body type. It will not only add a flair to the outfit but also completely change your look.
- Choose big jewelry pieces—large pendant necklaces, cocktail rings, log necklaces, cuff bracelets, and stacked bangles can enhance any outfit that a curvy woman will wear. Pick one jewelry piece to draw attention.
- While picking out shoes, you can go with pointed toes as they highlight a plus-size body to flaunt. Nothing can beat the impact of a heel, kitten heel, or stacked heel, as they all complement any outfit effortlessly. It is better to avoid ankle straps or T-straps if you have fuller calves or wide ankles. Opt for peekaboo styles or sling-backs so you can flaunt your foot without hiding them. Remember to choose comfort over everything else and opt for shoes that do not hurt your feet.
- Bags are fashionable, but they are also an important accessory. Never opt for small bags, and find a unique piece that will keep your body in proportion, such as an oversized tote, shoulder bag, bucket bag, or a cross-body bag with long straps that generously wrap around your body. A clutch purse with an evening gown gives a nice touch for special occasions and weddings.
- Belts give a well-defined look. You can style belts on jumpsuits and dresses as they look tailored, fit and define your waist nicely. Belts go nicely with jeans and t-shirt outfits as well.
3. Show Your Silhoutte:
It is good to consider silhouettes for different body types, and it is necessary to strike a balance between too tight and fitted silhouettes. Your clothes must flow on your body.
- A sheath dress is a good choice, and it sits just above the knees. Sheath silhouette gives an elegant and classy look and works well for office and social events.
- For women who wear plus-size dresses, form-fitting silhouettes are a great choice. Form-fitting dresses fit nicely on your curves and also provide a stretch that makes them comfortable to wear.
- Jumpsuits for plus-size women are fashionable and are very comfortable to wear. This one-piece outfit gives a lively look and elongates the body, fashioning a slim figure. Jumpsuits look versatile and always remain in fashion.
- Fit and Flare dresses are incredible for curvy women because these dresses gradually flare from the waist to the hem of the skirt. Flare dresses flaunt your waistline pleasingly, and it is one of the most complimentary dresses for curvy figures.
4. Know Your Fabric:
A piece of fabric can make or break a look. There is a diverse variety of fabrics for every body type as they have a peculiar effect on different appearances. Some are more favorable for plus–size women.
- Polyester is a common choice for plus-size women as it looks more flattering on them. It does not fade nor shrink. It is a good choice for winter as you can style sweaters and sweatshirts with jeans and skirts.
- Satin is appropriate for plus-size formal dresses. It is a light-weighted fabric and comfortable as it is made from silk.
- Velvet is known for its luxurious texture, and it is never out of fashion. Velvet dresses with a v-neck are an appealing choice for plus-size women, and it gives the best drape.
- Chiffon dresses give a floating effect as they are not skin tight but can give you the desired shape.
- Denim is a trendy fabric. Wide-legged jeans styled with a blazer or a casual t-shirt give a stylish look.
- Leather is a timeless fabric. Leather jackets, pants, and skirts give a bold vibe and look great on a curvy figure.
Embracing your body is important as it gives you an idea about your style. Make your own rules and learn what suits you. It is essential to feel feminine and confident and choose outfits that resonate with your personality.
There are plenty of prints, fabrics, and silhouettes that you can work with to find your style and flaunt your body. We hope these timeless trends will help you create your own personalized style to feel confident and comfortable.