I just got the cutest mustard yellow cardigan and have been having so much fun styling it into outfit ideas lately! I love how versatile this sunny color can be. It really adds a fun pop to my usual fall wardrobe.
I first wore it with some basic grey skinny jeans and it looked so chic. Grey is one of my favorite neutral colors to pair with bold hues like mustard because it creates the perfect contrast. I added some booties and a crossbody bag and felt so put together running my errands.
Another super easy go-to combo has been wearing my new cardigan with navy jeans. Navy and mustard is such a classic pairing that always looks fashionable. I threw on some white sneakers for a casual vibe. It’s now my new favorite weekend outfit!
I also styled the mustard cardigan with a moss green purse I have. Mixing the two earthy tones looked almost effortless in a cool fall way. It made me excited to experiment more with ways to incorporate this bright color into outfits.
The options are truly endless! I never realized how versatile a statement cardigan can be. Don’t be afraid to get creative mixing colors, textures and prints to make the mustard cardigan the star of your outfit. Step outside your fashion comfort zone – you never know what amazing mustard color cardigan outfit you’ll put together!
Mustard Color Cardigan Outfit Ideas
My new mustard cardigan has me so inspired! I styled it with grey jeans for a chic neutral look. It also pops with navy pants for an easy weekend outfit. Don’t be afraid to get creative mixing colors and textures to make the mustard cardigan shine. So many options! These outfit ideas can help you incorporate a mustard color cardigan into your wardrobe in various stylish ways.
To create an outfit with a mustard color cardigan, consider the following ideas:
- With Dark Denim: My new mustard cardigan has become my favorite fall staple! The other day I wore it with a printed eyelet blouse and dark wash jeans. The mustard added such a fun pop of color to the darker shades. I love how it instantly livens up basic blues and blacks. So many ways to style a bright cardigan! I can’t wait to experiment more with fun outfit ideas.
- Casual Fall Outfit: I’m loving mixing my new mustard cardigan into casual fall outfits. The other day I styled it with a moss green crossbody bag and it was such a vibe! The earthy tones complemented each other perfectly for an effortless autumn look. A mustard cardigan is so versatile – it adds a pop of color to jeans, sweaters and jackets alike. Can’t wait to style it with more neutrals and fall hues!
- With Leopard Print: I love styling my new mustard cardigan in fun unexpected ways! The other day I paired it with a leopard print scarf and knee-high boots. The combo of animal print and bright mustard was so edgy and chic! A vibrant cardigan opens up so many possibilities to liven up neutral pieces. Can’t wait to experiment more with textures, patterns and accessories for easy statement outfits!
- With a Black Mini Shift Dress: I just styled my new mustard cardigan in such a fun way! I wore it as a longline sweater over a black mini shift dress and black suede OTK boots. The pop of mustard looked so good with the neutrals and created the chicest model-off-duty vibe. A bright cardigan is so versatile – it can instantly elevate basic pieces into an energetic outfit. Love playing with proportions!
- With Grey Skinny Jeans: My new mustard cardigan has become my wardrobe MVP for fall! The other day I styled it with grey skinny jeans and it looked so chic. Grey is the perfect neutral color to let the vibrant mustard pop. The combo made me feel instantly put-together running errands. A statement cardigan can elevate the simplest pieces into fashionable outfits!
- With a White Blouse and Black Skinny Jeans: I love how a bold cardigan can instantly elevate basic pieces! The other day I wore my oversized mustard cardigan over a crisp white blouse and black skinny jeans. I finished the look with simple black booties. The contrast of the vibrant cardigan with the neutrals created such a chic, model-off-duty vibe. A colorful knit is so versatile – it adds a pop of personality to simple outfits!
- With a Black Felt Hat and Ripped Jeans: I styled my mustard cardigan in such a cool way the other day! I paired it with a black felt hat, ripped jeans, and some layered gold necklaces. The combo of the vibrant knit with the edgy accessories and jeans made me feel so stylish running errands. A pop of color cardigan can instantly add personality to basic pieces. I love experimenting with unexpected textures and details!
- With a Blue Denim Button Front Skirt: I’m having so much fun mixing up my new mustard cardigan! The other day I styled it with a denim button front skirt for a casual weekend vibe. The combo of the vibrant ribbed cardi with the classic skirt was so cute and playful! A pop of color knit adds personality to basic blues. Can’t wait to keep experimenting with unexpected pieces to make my mustard cardigan the star!
- With Cuffed Jeans and Leather Boots: I love creating approachable looks with my new mustard chunky cardigan! The other day I wore it with a striped tee, cuffed jeans, and black booties. The mix of the vibrant cable knit with casual blues and neutrals was so cute and chunky-chic! A bright cardi can make an outfit feel instantly cozy. Can’t wait to style it with more textures and unexpected pieces!
Trying new outfit formulas with a bold colored cardigan has been so fun! A vibrant knit like mustard adds a lively pop of personality to basics we already own.
Whether it’s dressing up neutral staples or casually pairing it with denim, a statement cardi opens up so many possibilities.
Hopefully these outfit ideas have inspired you to step out of your comfort zone and experiment with new ways to make your mustard cardigan shine!
The options are endless when you embrace color and texture. Let me know how you end up styling your cardigan – I’d love to see your amazing creations!
Mustard Color Cardigan Outfit Trends for 2024
Mustard color cardigan outfits are having such a moment in fashion right now! I’ve been obsessed with finding ways to style my new knit in fun and unexpected ways. After getting inspired online, I’ve noticed some major 2024 outfit trends emerging. The versatility of a statement cardigan is so fun to play with! I can’t wait to try these trendy styling tricks and make my mustard knit the star of so many 2024 #ootds. A vibrant cardi instantly takes any outfit to the next level!
1. With a Leopard Print Scarf and Knee High Boots
The mix of textures between the soft cardi, lux scarf, and buttery boots looked so cool and chic together. And the pops of neutral and black really made that vibrant mustard color stand out even more.
I love how just adding a bright cardigan can instantly take a basic casual outfit to the next level. It’s such an easy way to incorporate color in a subtle way while still keeping things interesting. I can’t wait to style this cardi with more unexpected prints and fabrics! So many fun options for fall layering.
2. With a Black Felt Hat and Ripped Jeans
I recently styled my new oversized mustard cardigan in such a cool way! I paired it with a black felt hat and some ripped jeans for a casual but still put-together weekend look.
The combo of the slouchy sweater with the edgy hat and distressed denim was so effortlessly stylish. It made running errands feel a little more fun and fashionable!
I love that a simple colorful cardigan can instantly elevate basic pieces that I already own. It’s an easy way to add a pop of color and personality to otherwise plain outfits.
Next time I’ll have to try it with a moto jacket or fun printed skirt. The styling possibilities are endless with a statement knit! It’s become my new go-to for instantly ramping up my wardrobe basics.
3. With a Black Mini Shift Dress
I just styled my new mustard color cardigan in the most fun way! I wore it as an oversized sweater cardigan over a black mini shift dress and black suede thigh-high boots. The pop of vibrant yellow looked so energetic and chic together – perfect for a night out! A colorful cardigan can instantly elevate a basic LBD. Love playing with bold hues and proportions to create a fresh new outfit!
4. With a Blue Denim Button Front Skirt
I styled my new mustard color cardigan in such a cute way the other day! I paired the ribbed sweater jacket with a classic denim button front skirt for a casual weekend vibe. The mix of the vibrant yellow cardi with the playful blue skirt was so fun and playful! A colorful knit is a great way to add personality to basic denim pieces. Can’t wait to keep mixing unexpected pieces to make my mustard cardigan shine!
5. With Cuffed Jeans and Leather Boots
I created the coziest outfit with my new mustard chunky cable knit cardigan the other day! I paired it with a black and white oversized striped tee, cuffed blue jeans, and black leather ankle boots.
The mix of textures from the chunky cardi, relaxed top, and sleek boots looked so cute together. It was the perfect chunky-chic look for running fall errands.
I love how a bright colored knit can make an outfit feel instantly cozy and put-together. Can’t wait to style it with more comfy pieces for that perfect fall vibe!
6. With a White Blouse and Black Skinny Jeans
I love how a bold colored cardigan can instantly elevate basic pieces! The other day I wore my oversized dark mustard cardi over a crisp white blouse and black skinny jeans. I finished the look with simple black booties.
The contrast of the vibrant yellow against the neutrals created such a chic, sophisticated vibe – perfect for running errands or a casual date night! A colorful knit adds personality to simple outfits.
7. With Moss Green Bag
Looking to spice up your fall wardrobe? A mustard cardigan is a perfect way to add some zing! This sunny yellow hue looks fab paired with earthy moss greens.
I’m obsessed with rocking a mustard cardigan with a moss green crossbody bag. It’s such a fun combo for autumn! The mustard cardigan pops against the deep green bag.
To try this stylish fall outfit, go for a lightweight knit cardigan in a bright mustard color. Look for one that hits at hip length so you can easily throw it on over your fave jeans and tops.
Then grab a moss green crossbody bag – it should be a rich forest or hunter green that complements the golden mustard tones. I like one in soft pebbled leather or nubby suede with brass hardware for some subtle shine.
Here’s how I would style this mustard cardigan outfit:
- Pair it with cropped skinny jeans or leggings and short brown boots or booties. Super cute with a white or black tee peeking out!
- Dress it up with a midi skirt and heels or wedges. I love how the pop of mustard livens up basic black skirts.
- Layer it over a floral maxi dress – the green bag looks so pretty with floral prints.
- Go casual with dark wash jeans and white sneakers.
- Add some edge with faux leather or olive green pants and lace-up boots.
I can’t get enough of this mustard color cardigan outfit combo! It’s such an easy way to look put together for fall. The bold mustard cardigan makes a statement and the moss green bag pulls it all together. What do you think? Will you be spicing up your autumn wardrobe with this lively color pairing?
8. With Deep Olive Skinny Jeans
I don’t know about you, but I’m all about cozy vibes for fall fashion. One of my favorite ways to stay warm while looking stylish is by rocking a mustard cardigan with deep olive skinny jeans.
Mustard yellow is just such a fun, lively color that screams autumn. And pairing it with rich olive green jeans? Chef’s kiss. It’s the perfect combo for stepping up your usual jeans and sweater getup.
When putting together this mustard cardigan outfit, go for a soft, fuzzy cardigan in a bold golden yellow hue. I like to find ones that hit right at the hip bone. It’s a great length that looks chic untucked with high-waisted skinny jeans.
For the bottoms, deep olive jeans are best. I’m talking like a succulent or avocado green – wholesome earthy tones that complement the zesty mustard cardigan. Look for ones in stretchy fabrics so they hug your curves just right.
To complete this cozy fall look:
- Pair with a basic white or black tee or tank underneath. Keep it simple up top since the cardigan and jeans make a statement.
- Add warm brown ankle booties or short boots. The earthy tones tie everything together.
- Layer on long pendant or chain necklaces for some boho flair.
- Carry a cognac leather crossbody bag for a pop of contrast.
I just love how this mustard color cardigan outfit combo feels so fresh for fall. The rich colors and textures bring warmth and flair as the weather cools down. No more basic jeans and sweaters here! What do you think – are you down to spice up your autumn wardrobe with this bright, bold yet cozy look?
A mustard yellow cardigan is such a fun way to liven up your wardrobe for fall! The sunny, golden yellow hue just screams autumn. But how exactly can you style a mustard cardigan to look on-trend this season?
Well, as a total fashion lover, I’ve put together some of my fave mustard color cardigan outfit ideas to help you rock a mustard cardigan in style. These looks reflect the chicest trends right now.
First up, oversized is still in! So go for a slouchy, oversized mustard yellow cardigan and pair it with fitted black leggings and the hottest sneakers – chunky dad shoes or sleek white kicks both look super cool. Finish with tiny black sunglasses for extra attitude.
If you wanna get a bit dressier, style your mustard cardigan over a floral maxi dress and tan ankle boots. So effortlessly pretty! Or layer it over a silky cami and midi skirt with heeled booties for date night vibes.
For the weekend, pair that cardigan with high-waisted distressed jeans, a cropped band tee, and a white Converse. Add stacks of funky bracelets for an edgy daytime look.
Or keep it casual-chic with dark wash skinny jeans, a white tee, and brown riding boots. Simple but so stylish!
For work, it looks so polished over a black sheath dress with black tights and pumps or booties.
See, a yellow cardigan outfit ideas can go from day to night so easily! Whatever your personal style, you can rock this trendy fall color in tons of fab ways. How would you wear a mustard cardigan this season? Get creative and have fun with it!
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2018. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.