When my friends and I would get ready to go out, they’d wear all these little dresses, sans bra. To me, the idea was sort of ludicrous. I have never had an issue going bra-less, but I also didn’t want to pop out of place entirely.
My friends swear by the adhesive bra! They wear a D-cup and B-cup, respectively. So, as a C-cup, I decided to throw in the towel and join them on their journey toward breast exoneration. I bought the Fashion Forms NuBra Adhesive Bra (Polyvore, $75). It felt good not to wear a bra — and better yet — to have some support. If anyone were to see my tits, they’d only see a shiny, nude-colored, nipple-less something. You get the picture.
After peeling the squishy, under boob-shaped slabs from their places, I followed the directions and sort of adhered where I needed to. For me, I chose to not place them directly at the point where the breast touches the chest. Instead, I place them somewhere sort of in the middle and to the side of the boob, making sure to cover the nipple. I then wore this dress all night:
- As someone with perkier, somewhat firm C-Cup breasts, I felt that the adherent quality of the bra worked well with my boobs. I assume a less-firm breast would equally benefit from a sticky bra as well. I was surprised that these would stay on a medium-sized boob well.
- I also was able to move the bra around a bit in order to get the coverage I needed. The adhesive never stopped working, which I found to be very surprising, actually, given that I was sort of running around on a very warm summer night in NYC. The sticky bra without the middle clasp is a much better option. However, you get more creative liberty with two separate adhesive strips instead of my option, which has a clasp in the middle. If you don’t want to move them around and you want a little more push-together, the clasp is ideal.
- The adhesive bra has some lifting smoothing powers. While certainly not a push-up bra by any means, the bra does have a bit of a plumping, slightly perkifying affect, which is nice. It also helps smooth out and fill out any sort of area that might be a bit bumpy.
- The sticky bra doesn’t last forever, and the price can be quite steep, so there’s a potential for buying them a few times over the summer. Washing them is the solution here, but even then, you’re not guaranteed an immortal sticky boob cover.
- While I had a night out with my friends, I couldn’t imagine going full-on dancing with these bras. Just no. Imagine the sticky, nude-colored thing flopping out onto the floor during “We fell in love in a hopeless place!”? Just, no. I would prefer a nipple cover/bra tape of some sort in that situation and a tight top.
- The C-Cup size isn’t very C-Cup sized. If you want better coverage, I say go a bit bigger. I’m sure with smaller breasts, this could be a bit tricky, but with bigger boobs, I could have easily worn a D-Cup. Definitely eye it out and decide what works for you. Every brand is different, too.
All in all, I’d recommend one. It might just take a bit of searching and recommendation from friends.
Vive le sticky bra? Maybe? You tell me: how have your experiences been with the sticky bra?