Remember in the 2000s when it was considered cool not to hem your jeans, so they got all scraggly as you walked around? You might cringe at the thought now, but do not discount frayed denim completely because it is back. It appeared in numerous Spring 2016 shows at Fashion Month. However, note that the frayed denim pieces available to buy now are not the same as your jeans with the five-inch long denim tails covered in mud. They are more polished and less dirty. If you want something different than jeans, there are lots of other options to try.
- Frayed denim is back as a fashion trend for Spring 2023.
- The frayed denim pieces are now more polished than previous versions.
- There are many different frayed denim options available beyond just jeans.
- The article presents a list of 12 frayed denim pieces for women to consider for their wardrobe.
- The list includes various frayed denim pieces, such as skirts, shorts, overalls, dresses, tops, and jackets.
- These pieces feature frayed edges, hems, waistbands, and other denim trends such as patchwork, flared shapes, and beading.
- The frayed denim pieces are available from different retailers at different prices.
Here are some frayed denim pieces to add to your closet:
1. Julie High Rise Frayed Waist and Hem Skinny Jeans ($28, Boohoo)
Here’sHere’s a whole new version of frayed jeans for you. The fraying is happening at the waistband, in addition to the hem. Wear these jeans with your favorite crop top to show off the waist detail properly.
2. Moto Bleached Ashley Shorts ($52, Topshop)
When you think about frayed, you probably think about frayed denim shorts. Festival season is coming up, and you cannot go wrong with a bleached pair.
3. Blue Denim Frayed Top ($50, River Island)
Looking for something a bit different than your usual denim jacket and pants? Try this top. It has a trendy frayed hem. Plus, the back has a pretty button fastening and a cutout detail.
4. New Look Frayed Denim Midi Skirt ($39, ASOS)
Frayed denim isn’tisn’t just for miniskirts. This midi skirt is a more daring way to style a frayed denim skirt. Just promise us you will not wear it with cropped leggings.
5. Denim Wide-Leg Overalls ($99.95, Free People)
This one-piece covers so many trends that it is difficult to know where to begin. You’veYou’ve got overalls, culottes, frayed hems, wide legs, and a clear’ 70s’70s vibe. Throw in some tan leather straps, and you have yourself a go-to piece.
6. Supertrash Bisou Frayed Oversized Denim Shirt ($121, ASOS)
Make room in your denim shirt collection for this one. The button-down style of the shirt doesn’tdoesn’t usually have a frayed denim hem like the one on the oversized shirt.
7. Mother Pixie Cruiser Fray Jeans ($230, Anthropologie)
Tick off multiple trends with these jeans. The pants have a trendy raw hem and flared shape. Also, note the button fly. Tuck your longer tops in to show them properly.
8. J.O.A. Frayed Denim Cold Shoulder Blouse ($88, Shopbop)
Cold shoulder tops are another huge spring trend. When you first look at this top, you might not think that it is denim. It is. It is made out of crisp denim material. Think about how fresh it will look paired with white pants.
9. Skinny Short Shorts With Skull Print ($42.50, Torrid)
Trade your regular frayed denim shorts for these ones. They feature a diminutive skull print and frayed edges. The small print makes them just as versatile as your old jorts.
10. Denim Jacket ($19.99, H&M)
This jacket has multiple denim trends in one look. You’ve got a bit of patchwork denim thanks to the contrasting fabrics, and you have a frayed look thanks to the raw hem. All that is missing is a bit of embellishment.
11. Three Four Crystal Clear Beaded Denim Dress ($134, Nasty Gal)
Who said that denim cannot be a bit fancy? This denim dress is decorated with green, teal, and silver faux crystal beading. The frayed denim ruffle extends around to the back to form a cute crisscross detail.
12. Frayed Denim Shirt Dress ($24.90, Forever 21)
This frayed denim shirt dress is the perfect piece to transition your wardrobe from winter to spring. Wear it with a turtleneck and tights now and with bare arms and legs later.