So, you’ve chosen the perfect dress, and you know how you’re going to wear your hair. One thing is still missing, something that will complete your wedding “look”. Choosing the right wedding hair accessories is just as important as selecting the right dress. It adds that final ‘je ne sais quoi’ that will complete your transformation into a beautiful bride.
Types of Wedding Hair Accessories
There are a large number of different accessories, headpieces, and jewelry – from tiaras and fascinators to floral or feathered headbands. From decorative hair clips to stunning head jewelry.
The ones you choose will depend upon a number of things. For example, it may depend on the time of year you’re getting married or whether you’re wearing your hair up or down. However, the most important thing to bear in mind when choosing wedding hair accessories is whether they will compliment your gown.
Choosing Bridal Wedding Hair Accessories That Accentuate Your Wedding Dress
As with most things in life, you can sometimes break the rules and still create a great “look”. But, as a general guide, here are four things to bear in mind when selecting your bridal headpiece.
- If you’ve got a ‘busy’ dress (in other words, lots of frills, appliques and other decorative pieces), it is usually wise to select simple hair accessories, such as a small fascinator or flower.
- Conversely, if you have a fairly plain wedding gown, you may choose to go for a visually exciting bridal headpiece, such as a piece of statement jewelry or a large, bold floral hair accessory.
- Often, less is more. This is not always the case but beware of the fact that you can go over-the-top with hair accessories. Don’t be fooled into thinking that if you choose simple accessories, you can have more of them. You might think a feathered hair comb will be complemented by a crystal browband, but, usually, one or the other would be a better choice. Bear in mind that you don’t want to distract from the dress. After all, the gown should be the focal point of your ensemble.
- If you’re wearing a veil, your choice of bridal hair accessories will be restricted for the wedding ceremony/church. Typically, you’ll be looking at headbands, lace headpieces, jewelry or small flowers, rather than anything ornate in your hair, because, of course, it will be masked by the veil. If you want to wear a veil and hair accessory, consider a birdcage veil, rather than the full veil. Or you could even select two headpieces, one for the ceremony and the other for the reception, so you have a mix of styles.
Reasons to Wear a Bridal Headpiece
Reasons for wearing bridal headpieces have changed over the centuries. Now, veils, fascinators, hats, and head jewelry have more to do with fashion choices than any religious or symbolic meaning.
However, there are still many reasons to wear a bridal headpiece, although those reasons may differ in the gown you’re wearing, your hairstyle and the type of headpiece you choose to wear.
- No matter what type or style, a headpiece adds elegance and style to your ensemble. Remember, you want to feel beautiful, chic, and glamorous on your wedding day. A headpiece can add that little extra ‘something’ that transforms you from the ordinary-you to the bride-you.
- If you have a stylish, sassy, short hairdo, it’s a great idea to wear a hat, headband or a small flower- almost any style, from a pillbox to a wide rim, will add some grace to your outfit and complement your hair.
- There can be no better reason for wearing a tiara or jewelry on your wedding day than the fact that all brides-to-be want to be princesses on their day of days. If you want to look like Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn, a dainty tiara, worn at a 45-degree angle, will add a little regal glitz to your big day.
- If you have a fringe, particularly one that is prone to falling in your eyes, an ornate headband, decorative clip or head jewelry can ensure that your beautiful face is on view.
- An often-overlooked reason to wear a full bridal veil is that it can help to hide your face from all those eyes, as you walk down the aisle. If you’re not usually the gregarious type and are embarrassed by the prospect of having all eyes on you, you may find it slightly comforting to have the barrier of a veil between you and your guests.
- If style preferences or financial constraints mean that you’ve got a relatively simple gown, a headpiece with flowers, crystals, embroidery or tulle can really compliment the simplicity of your dress.
- Naturally, there are many other reasons to wear a bridal headpiece, and there are an infinite number of types and designs to choose from. So, you are sure to find the one that complements the theme and style of your wedding.
Find Headpieces and Jewelry Online
Moza Bridal provides luxury, quality and elegance wedding headpiece and jewelry that reflects your personality and they also help you choose from wedding accessories to compliment your wedding gown. Browse their stunning collections of wedding hair accessories, including headpieces, hairpins, crowns, earrings, and veils.
If you are looking for a website on headpieces and jewelry you have found the correct spot! Mozabridal.com has the most helpful information on the wedding headpiece.
Are you looking for more inspiring ideas? Check out Moza Bridal’s Instagram page.
Importance of A Wedding Planner
The wedding planning process can be difficult and overwhelming, with a wide array of information available. ILE Events – The Wedding Planners, located in NYC and Miami, can help plan a wedding that best represents your style and personality. Most importantly, you are able to enjoy the entire process of planning your wedding, as well as your special day itself.
Whether you need a little help or a lot, a themed wedding or a destination wedding – ILE Events will save you time, money and will take away the stress associated with planning your wedding.
Weddings are elaborate and vibrant and typically consist of many functions. ILE Events can assist with absolutely all wedding planning services – wedding venues and locations, decorations and themes, photography, wedding budgets, and more. Find out why to hire a wedding planner and how to begin planning your wedding today!
Find oodles of stylish wedding inspiration on their Instagram page.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or sharing it.