Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Love is in the air, and Valentine’s Day cranks up the romance with flowers, love letters, chocolates, and all the pink and red to send your heart aflutter. Are you recently engaged? Why not combine the most romantic day of the year with the biggest day of your life and plan a Valentine’s Day themed wedding?
Before you get too far into wedding planning, you’ll need a well-designed invitation that sets the mood for your big day, and what’s more romantic than a Valentine’s Day theme?
In this guide, we’re sharing time and money-saving tips for bringing your vision for invitations to life.
Get ready for all the hearts, calligraphy, romance, and of course, pink! Here’s how to say “I Do” to the perfect wedding invitations!
What Are The Best Online Tools For Creating Wedding Invites?
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular online tools available for making wedding invitations. Some services have pre-designed templates, and you’ll have limited customizations, while others give you free rein to customize every detail.
Zazzle is an online design platform offering modern and trendy wedding invitations.
- Pros: The predesigned invitation templates are thematic with modern aesthetics. You can browse categories like “elegant,” “floral & nature,” and more to zero in on a style you like and try trending themes like marble backgrounds. The editor is easy to use, and you’ll have a high-quality design quickly.
- Cons: The customizations are limited. The editor lets you add elements, icons, and pictures, and change font details like spacing, size, and color. However, you can’t change the actual background design, which may stifle those looking for greater personalization. These can also land on the higher-end side of pricing.
Cost: Prices range from $0.40 to $5.55 per invitation.
Shutterfly offers personalized wedding invitations at an affordable price point.
- Pros: The invitation designs are classic, clean, elegant, and traditional. You can choose from a few design colors, cardstock options and try a free sample kit to test your design. The editor is easy to use, and the prices are budget-friendly, keeping wedding costs down.
- Cons: Customizations are limited to font details, a few color options, and the designs are traditional, so there’s little opportunity to distinguish your invite from others.
Cost: Prices range from $0.72 to $1.99 per invitation.
PosterMyWall is a graphic design software platform that makes DIY design accessible, easy and affordable.
- Pros: There are thousands of professionally-designed templates for wedding invites, Valentine’s Day posters, flyers, menus, and save-the-dates. There’s no limit to what you can create because you can fully customize the designs. In the user-friendly editor, you can change the background, upload photos and media, customize fonts, and add design elements like hearts, roses, and clip art.
- Cons: Free downloads will have a PosterMyWall watermark, so they’re best suited for testing your design. You’ll need to upgrade to print flyers and wedding day materials.
Cost: Individual downloads for high-quality prints are $2.99. For $9.98 a month, you can upgrade to the monthly subscription and gain access to features like unlimited high-resolution downloads and custom fonts. A premium subscription is an excellent option if you plan to DIY all of your wedding stationery needs.
Which is right for your wedding?
I recommend PosterMyWall because you’ll have the most freedom to customize your design. If you’re design-inclined, you’ll find everything you need to create a Valentine’s Day Themed wedding invitation from scratch. But if you need a springboard to work from, there are tons of aesthetic templates to customize.
The option to upgrade to a premium account is a budget-friendly way to meet all of your stationery needs for menus, save-the-dates, place cards, Valentine’s Day flyers, and party invites.
Ready to get started? Next, I’ll walk you through how to create your Valentine’s wedding invites in a few short steps.
How To Create Your Valentine’s Wedding Invitation Design
Find the right template
First, let’s browse PosterMyWall’s Valentine’s themed templates. Your invitations are the first visual representation of your wedding theme and set the tone for your big day, so choose a template that encapsulates your vision for your big day.
Mainly, look at the compositions you like because everything — from colors to fonts to imagery — can be customized.
And don’t worry, if you start editing a design and it doesn’t feel right, you can always choose another! I like to play around with 1-2 designs so that I have options during my final selection.
Customize with your wedding details.
When you find a design you’d like to customize, click on “Edit Template,” and it’ll zoom in on the design. Now click “Customize Template” to open the editor.
Once inside the design editor, you’ll see all of your customization options and editing tools. To start, focus on these important design elements:
- Add Photos: Do you want to put a picture of you two on your invite? Click the “Add” button in the top left section of the menu bar. You’ll have the option to add your photos, use stock photos, or import media from Dropbox, Google Drive, or Facebook.
- Text: Click on the text boxes to add your names and wedding details. Then use the editor to change fonts, play around with colors, sizes, and effects.
- Elements: Want to add flowers, clip art, shapes, or change the background? Head back to the “Add” button and explore all of your customization options.
- Layout: Now you can play around with the overall layout by moving elements, changing the opacity of features, or bringing elements into the foreground or background for dimension.
- Save: When you’re finished and happy with the design, click the “Save” icon in the top right side of the editor bar. Now your design is saved under “My Stuff.”
- Download: Lastly, download your design. If you’re planning to print your wedding invitations for mailing, use the standard image download.
Now that your Valentine’s Day wedding invitations are designed, you can cross that task off the list. Great job! But don’t move on just yet, because you can save time (and money!) by repurposing your invitations into wedding-day signs and gifts.
Repurpose your invites for the big day
All too often, the wedding planning takes over and it’s easy to forget about day-of signage and décor. Since you’re already inside the editor, follow these steps to quickly resize your invites:
- Click the “Resize” icon in the top menu bar to create a large flyer, welcome poster, or wedding sign.
- Search for design sizes, or scroll down to find standard sizing for flyers, posters, banners, menus, and postcards (these make great wedding favors) and table décor.
- Click “Copy & Resize” once you’ve chosen your new design size.
- Your new design will open in a new tab. Take a few moments to resize your fonts to match this new format, and then your design is ready!
- Save and Download. Remember to save your design, and it’ll be added to “My Stuff.” Then, proceed with your download like you did with your wedding invitation.
Time to Make Your Guests Swoon!
You’ve got a long list of to-dos, but wedding invitations can be easy and fun with online tools at your fingertips.
PosterMyWall makes it easy to cross off one of the biggest tasks on your list in one sitting. With stationery done, you’re onto the next phase of wedding planning! Your guests will swoon over your romantic invites and the wedding-day buzz and anticipation will carry you all the way to your big day!