Before you purchase a wedding dress on the internet, it is a great idea to keep the following in mind. If it seems too good to be true…
When it comes to shopping for almost any item, it is usually cheaper and certainly more convenient to do so online. However, before you purchase a wedding dress on the internet, it is a great idea to keep the following in mind.
- Designers do not support online stores. So, if you’ve found a designer dress at a fraction of the price, there’s a very good reason for that… it isn’t a genuine dress. The only time designers will advertise online is in stores that also have a high street boutique. If it’s an exclusively online retailer, those ‘designer’ dresses are just replicas.
- If it seems too good to be true… As the old saying goes, it is. It’s easy to get carried away when you find a dress you love that’s selling at an incredibly low price, but try to keep your wits about you if an offer seems unbelievable. The chances are it isn’t genuine.
- Bear in mind, what you see isn’t necessarily what you get. The biggest disadvantage of buying wedding dresses online is that you can’t see or feel the product you’re buying. And you have no real way of knowing whether the picture you see is of the gown you’ll actually be sent.
- It’s important to ensure the seller you’re dealing with is honest, and that’s not always an easy thing to accomplish. Therefore, I would advise against doing business with any online bridal seller that you haven’t heard positive recommendations about — preferably from someone you know.
- If you buy from an online merchant who is based in another country, he or she may not be bound by the same transaction laws. Therefore, it is vital, if you are going to purchase a wedding dress online, to do so from a retailer in your own country.
Generally speaking, wedding dress is the kind of thing you want to look at, touch, and try on before you buy. However, if you still wish to purchase your gown from an online store, make sure you do your research and take the necessary precautions to protect yourself from being ripped off.