Is a white wedding dress not your thing? Skip the traditional white gown and try one of these colored wedding gowns.
If you are a bride searching for a wedding dress, do not limit yourself to white, off-white, and cream. White (and the 1,000 other shades of white) may be traditional, but that doesn’t mean it is the best option for you. Colored wedding dresses are becoming more common. Even Jessa Duggar didn’t wear white to her wedding. You do not have to have a massive budget or resort to dyeing a white dress your desired shade. There are lots of off-the-rack options at affordable prices.
Take a look at the dreamiest colored wedding dresses:
1. Amsale Gwynn Embellished Stretched Tulle Dress ($2,450, Nordstrom)
This flattering blush dress will enhance your complexion. You do not even need to worry about jewelry, thanks to the sparkly brooch detail at the waist.
2. Needle & Thread Embellished Embroidered Tulle Gown ($800, NET-A-PORTER)
Needle & Thread has teamed up with NET-A-PORTER on an affordable bridal collection. All of the embellishment on this ivory and blush-colored gown makes it look a lot more expensive than it actually is.
3. ML Monique Lhuillier Lorraine Dress ($995, BHLDN)
If you love yourself some pastel ombre hair, you will like this dress. It combines soft pink and gray in a beautiful watercolor pattern. Gray might not be the first (or even fourth) color you would think of for a wedding dress, but it works beautifully here.
4. White by Vera Wang Satin and Matte Crepe Peplum Dress ($179.95, David’s Bridal)
This dress comes in a whopping 26 different colors. If you want something bold, try this cassis color. It doesn’t matter what your guests are going to be wearing; you will stand out in this.
5. Truly Zac Posen Corseted Satin Wedding Dress ($599.99, David’s Bridal)
If you’re thinking about a colored wedding dress, pink is normally a popular choice, but what about mauve? This dress is guaranteed to turn heads. It also looks gorgeous from all angles, thanks to the embellishment on the back.
6. ASOS Wedding Draped Cold Shoulder Maxi Dress ($77, ASOS)
Here’s one more reason to love ASOS. The brand now has its own affordable bridal range. You can get this gown for less than $100. That costs less than some of your New Year’s Eve dresses.
7. Patricia Bonaldi Fable Gown ($2,400, BHLDN)
Gold isn’t that far from off-white. For a bit of added color, this gold lace dress has pink floral applique on the skirt. You can match your bouquet to it.
8. Chi Chi London Plus Size Midi Dress With Tulle Skirt ($107, ASOS)
You do not have to do a white dress, and you do not have to do a maxi one, either. The pale pink chiffon dress is easy to dance in thanks to the midi length. The price is also perfect.
9. Oleg Cassini Brocade Wedding Dress With Pockets ($1,150, David’s Bridal)
Now, this is a statement dress. You do not want to cover up this gold metallic dress with a long veil. The ballgown wedding gown also has pockets. Who doesn’t love a dress with pockets? Put some tissues in there just in case.
10. Joanna August Dorian Ruffle Sleeve Wrap Dress ($285, Shopbop)
This ethereal pink dress is perfect for a relaxed bride who doesn’t want to feel like a meringue on her wedding day. Add a flower crown in your hair to play up the easy, carefree vibe.
11. ASOS Wedding Hollywood Contrast Wedding Dress ($120, ASOS)
You may not want to wear white to your wedding, but you may not want to go as far as wearing neon. This two-tone peachy pink dress is a good midpoint. The mix of colors gives it just a little more dimension.
12. J. Mendel Reinette Strapless Bustier Gown ($3,900, Shopbop)
This is a classic wedding gown with a twist. The traditional strapless silhouette gets a modern update thanks to the pleated peplum detail. The blush matelassé fabric is more interesting than your usual white satin.