Most domesticated animals in the world today, serve lots of purposes. Some are work animals, livestock animals, laboratory animals, or pets.
Pets are generally kept for companionship or pleasure by its owner. They also may offer emotional, psychological, and physical benefits. Their benefits are such that there are medically approved animals recommended for therapeutic purposes in some cases.
The animals that primarily fall into this classification are dogs and cats. But even these pets can fall into one health misfortune or the other, requiring that they are taken care of.
The CBD Option
There are many treatment options out there that are available to you and that might have been recommended for you to use. However, there is another option that has proven to be highly effective and is now the craze when it comes to wellness and health products, and that is the CBD treatment option.
It is a compound that is in the cannabis plant fully known as cannabidiol. However, this particular component is not psychoactive, meaning that this particular component will not get you high. You can read more about it here.
The other component in the hemp or in cannabis that is psychoactive is the tetrahydrocannabinol or THC for short, and of course, it is not recommended for any medical purpose.
How Does It Work?
In the body systems of every mammal (including humans of course) are nervous systems that contain endocannabinoid receptors in both the central and peripheral nervous systems. Thus, when cannabidiols are ingested, they interact with these endocannabinoid receptors in the body thereby boosting body health and maintaining body balance.
It has been proven to work effectively for humans in the treatment of different health conditions. Also, pet owners have attested to its positive effect on their pets when it was used in their treatment.
Though there is a dearth of verified studies and research to totally solidify these claims, especially when used on pets, these are the known benefits of using this treatment on your pets
- It Is a Strong Analgesic: The endocannabinoid system generally helps the body manage pain. Thus, when cannabidiol is added, it boosts that capability by stopping the absorption of anandamide, which helps to reduce the pain signals in the brain.
- Helps to Control Seizures and Tremor: This is probably one of its most popular functions, this is because its effects on this condition is very well known. However, not much is known about how it is able to do this. What is known though is that it is able to set to order the neurons in the brain?
- It Is A Stress And Anxiety Reliever: Another of its more popular functions that are backed up with lots of studies is the ability to calm and manage anxiety as well as stress disorders in all mammals. You can read about it here: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/12/cbd-for-pets/amp. Actually, even your pets with these conditions stand to benefit from CBD treatments.
- It Is Anti-inflammatory: This ability of its can be attributed to its ability to interact with the receptors in the body’s immune cells. This triggers a lot of immune responses some of which will fight the inflammation. This is why it is helpful in the treatment of dogs and other pets with different types of inflammations, arthritis, etc.
Things to Note
Firstly, you should note that, as with anything that becomes a trend, there is a lot of information out there about its properties. Some of this information might be wrong thus, it is important to look for proper advice and information especially from your veterinarian before making any purchase for your cat or other pets.
Secondly, when in the market, it is important to note that not all CBD products or oils are the same. Since you will be in the search for a good quality product, it is important that you know what to look for.
Here are some tips
- Look for CBD products that are mostly organic and that do not contain any extraneous substances.
- Good quality products will most times be costlier than those lower in quality.
- Look for a product that is well recommended.
- Read the product analysis or ingredients of what you’re about to purchase so you can acquaint yourself with its contents.
CBD might just be what your favorite pet needs to take care of the condition that ails it. Its benefits and properties are becoming well known with each passing day as more research and discoveries are made about it.
However, care should be taken and proper advice sought for when about to make a purchase. This is to ensure you maximize its potent benefits.