Thank you, the internet, for your obsession with cats. Because of you, we’ve seen videos of shirtless men cuddling with kittens, we’ve watched in amazement as beauty bloggers have put acrylic nails on their pets, and we’ve watched Victoria’s Secret models put cat heads between their legs on Instagram. On top of all that, there are several Tumblr blogs that exist solely for the purpose of distributing photos of cats wearing human clothes. Two of our favorites, Cattire and What If Cats Wore People Clothes, have provided us with hours of entertainment– and we’d like to share some of our favorite posts with you. Without further ado, here are ten pictures of cats who wear human clothes better than you do.
1. Look at this dapper dan! He may be too fat for his cardigan, but this cat doesn’t let society’s rigid beauty standards hold him back. If he wants to wear a sweater with a plane embroidered on it, he will.
2. I don’t know if this cat is cosplaying as Louise from Bob’s Burgers or if it just really wants to be a bunny. Either way, I love and support it.
3. Is that an American Apparel model or a house cat wearing a pullover? Maybe both?
4. This cat must be an avid fan of America’s Next Top Model because he’s totally nailed the art of telling a story with his eyes. Work those daisies, cat.
5. I don’t know if this outfit is supposed to be offensive (is that a sombrero?), but this cat’s facial expression is amazing.
6. Flip to any page of Vogue. You’ll never find a model who could wear this pink minidress as well as this cat.
7. Let’s clear out all the runways and replace every male model with a skinny cat wearing a knit sweater. Starting with this one.
8. I’ve never seen anyone rock a scarf as hard as this cat. Those eyes, that posture, that poise. This is what fashion is all about.
9. This cat is singlehandedly resurrecting the schoolgirl trend. Early 2000s Britney Spears couldn’t even pull this off.
10. Even though it looks like he may have thrown up on the carpet, this cat has a certain Wow Factor that’s hard to come by. The faux fur? The bell on his collar? I love his attention to detail.
Photos via Tumblr
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2018. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.