You’ll probably spend some time pondering your choices for a honeymoon. After all, you want it to be a special, romantic, memorable time. So, it’s important that you find just the right location. There are, of course, an endless number of potential honeymoon destinations. And your choice is likely to depend upon your, and your new spouse’s, personal tastes, the time of year, and what you intend to do over the course of the honeymoon….well, yes, that’s a given, but what else?
If You Want to Relax on the Sands
If after all those stressful weeks, or months, of wedding plans, you want to spend a couple of weeks soaking up the sun in some tropical locale, how about the following honeymoon destinations?
- Beautiful Barbados, with stunning beaches, friendly locals, an active nightlife, and more sunshine than you can shake a stick at.
- Magnificent Mauritius, a tropical paradise with deep, blue lagoons and luxury.
- Stunning Seychelles offers the perfect romantic getaway, with secluded islands and gorgeous stretches of beach.
Visit the beautiful waters of Turkey and discover the Blue Cruise in Turkey. Choose from a wide range of cruises, and embark on an adventure to explore the most colorful parts of this country.
Do You Have a Hankering for Adventure?
If just the thought of doing nothing but lying on a beach gives you cabin fever, then you might want a more active honeymoon. If you and your better-half want an adventure, why not consider the following locations?
- A journey through Peru, following the Inca trails, which are steeped in ancient history and stunning scenery.
- If you don’t mind, a little snow, a Finnish adventure, might be perfect. From beautiful Scandinavia, witness the natural spectacle of the Northern Lights.
- Or take a tour around Cuba, with road trips and excursions.
A Little Retail Therapy — Honeymoon Destinations
Of course, you might like to shun the idea of rural adventure for creature comforts and a touch of retail therapy.
- New York, the city so nice they named it twice. New York may not seem like an obvious honeymoon choice, but with lots to see and do, it could be the perfect choice for you and your spouse.
- Bali offers the best of both worlds, with luxurious beaches and the opportunity to shop ’til you drop.
- Milan, with its high-end fashion, stunning architecture, and active nightlife, could be the perfect honeymoon destination for you.
The variety of honeymoon locations is vast, so make sure you browse and research your choices carefully to find the perfect post-connubial holiday!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or like it.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.