The smell of sunscreen is enough to make you cry. This and 13 other signs that you are in desperate need of a vacation.
Do you ever find yourself sitting at your desk, silently seething as your coworker the next cubicle over talks on and on about his most recent vacation? Does the sight of tan lines on the stranger in line in front of you at Walmart make you want to weep? Do you find yourself absentmindedly doodling pictures of palm trees during important meetings? If you answered yes to any of these questions, there’s a pretty good chance you are in desperate need of a vacation. Need further proof? Here are 14 other telltale signs:
- The bottle of sunscreen that you bought for your last vacation has expired. And it takes years for that stuff to go bad. Years.
- You had to unfollow all of your globetrotting Facebook friends. Looking at their pictures was turning you into someone you didn’t like.
- You changed your cell phone’s ring tone to the Beach Boys’ “Kokomo.“ You get a little misty-eyed whenever your phone rings.
- You bought out your local liquor store’s supply of pina colada mix.
- You also bought out their supply of margarita mix. And tequila. And rum.
- You can’t remember the last time you painted your toenails. I mean, why bother? It’s not like you’re going to be wearing flip-flops anytime soon.
- You spend your lunch break checking travel websites for cheap flights. And whenever you find a really great deal, you fantasize about quitting your job and booking the ticket.
- The smell of sunscreen is enough to make you cry.
- The sight of your passport makes you cry, too.
- Whenever a friend tells you about her most recent vacation, you have to excuse yourself so you can go scream silently in the bathroom. “Wow, Fiji sounds so amazing… Sorry, I just have to go to the bathroom for a second…”
- You have forgotten what sand feels like.
- Come to think of it, you’ve forgotten what warmth feels like.
- You can hardly even stomach the sight of your coworkers—even the ones you love.
- You haven’t bought a new bathing suit in two years. Two. Years.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website's content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra's expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.