It’s not always easy to find the perfect holiday destination. With so many options available, nowhere seems to stand out. Of course, the choices can be narrowed down depending on personal requirements, as not everyone wants the same thing, which is probably just as well.
Anyone looking to avoid kids and wanting to find somewhere with plentiful activities as well as the ultimate in relaxation would be wise to look towards somewhere tropical, where the best overwater villas, the Maldives can offer are guaranteed to provide the perfect vacation for the following 6 reasons.
- What is an overwater villa? Well, it’s exactly what it says. A villa that stands over the water, in this case, the beautiful coral under a lagoon on a private island accommodating only adults in the Indian Ocean. It provides paradise with the opportunity for lazy days and self-indulgence while taking in staggering scenery.
- The imagination will be in full flow following the arrival by speedboat in just half an hour from Malé International Airport as the full beauty and opulence of the surrounding beauty unveils itself. With access to the facilities at sister resort Anantara Dhigu located next door, there will be plenty to occupy any solo traveller or couples. Some may wish to use the break off their stay to enhance romance for a special honeymoon.
- The overwater villa is the perfect backdrop to any vacation with its hardwood floors and a coconut-thatched roof which is simply the stuff that dreams are made of. The 5-star accommodation provides a mind-cleansing start to any day with a dip in the lagoon below. Relaxing on the daybed outside the spacious villa on the sundeck with drinks made by the Espresso machine and enjoying ambient music via the Bluetooth speaker is a wonderful way to recover from the strains of life back home.
- Those who opt for private entertainment have a 55″ internet enabled flat screen TV and High-Speed Internet Access, maybe after discovering their inner selves while enjoying a sunset in the provided yoga gear.
- Activities are aplenty, with surfers finding fantastic waves off the island. There are tennis courts and beach games for those looking to satisfy their competitive edge. Scuba diving and snorkelling along with a variety of exciting water sports and adventure provide fun for those looking to get close to nature, while spa wellness treatment will go the extra yard in rejuvenating the body and mind. A cinema under the stars is as atmospheric as anyone could wish for while sitting by the ocean, maybe added to by some astrology tips for beginners.
- There are amazing dining experiences with restaurants, pool, and beach bars all offering something special to tickle the taste buds. Drinks can be enjoyed overlooking the ocean as the sun sets on another remarkable day, maybe after a visit to the library.
The private paradise island accommodating adults only is guaranteed to provide a luxurious stay whether seeking adventure or a break and some self-indulgent pampering.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website's content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra's expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.