Thinking about throwing a memorable party with an activity that’ll be enjoyable for everyone? A paintball party might be just perfect. As a fun recreational sport for kids and adults alike, paintballing can help create amazing memories to cherish.
Whether it’s a birthday party or a get-together with friends and/or family, paintball is an activity that will help everyone engage and have fun together. However, just like any other kind of party, its success depends largely on how well you host it. If you’re not confident about being able to throw an epic paintball party, relax – this article has you covered.
A step-by-step guide to throwing the most epic paintball party
Let’s be honest here – every host wants their party to be an epic one that the guests will remember. Choosing a fun activity like paintballing is already a good start, but you need to make sure everyone has a blast. Let’s get started with a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Choose the venue
The first thing you need to do is decide on the venue for your paintball party. Check out paintball arenas in your area to see which one suits your party and age group of the participants the best. Here are a few things to consider in this regard:
- Battlefield size: The sizes of the paintball battlefields vary from one arena to another, with some offering multiple fields of different scales. A larger and more detailed battlefield is naturally more fun to play in, especially if you have a lot of participants. The arena might also have a limit on how many players are allowed at a time.
- Theme: Most arenas have themed paintball fields – all you have to do is choose a suitable theme for the party. Common themes include open green fields with cover structures, abandoned factory-like settings, fields with broken buildings and walls, etc.
- Map complexity: Another factor to consider is the complexity of the maps. The best paintball arenas have very detailed maps, with various cover structures and barricades. A maze-like map is a great way to keep it fun and challenging too. If the map is too simple, it might get boring after a while.
- Party-specific facilities: Not every paintball arena is a great party venue, even if their paintball fields are great. You must choose an arena that also caters to party needs, such as having a place to host non-playing attendees. Food and beverage facilities would be a great addition too.
Once you have chosen a paintball facility, you may book your time slots in advance. Make sure to get the guest list ready beforehand – you need to know how many attendees are going to be at the party.
Step 2: Arranging snacks and drinks
You can always head to a restaurant after the party, but snacks and drinks must still be arranged for. Especially if it’s a kids’ party, you’re going to need plenty of refreshments for them.
It’s great if the location has a catering service for paintball parties, but if not, you’ll have to figure it out yourself. If you’re going to bring in outside food, make sure it’s allowed at the paintball facility. If possible, you may also hire catering from a local restaurant or catering service.
If it’s a birthday party, don’t forget to arrange for the birthday child’s favorite snacks alongside the cake. Paintball is a physically intense activity, so energy drinks are a must-have.
Step 3: Decorating the party space
Parties, especially birthday parties, are incomplete without decorations. While most paintball facilities won’t allow you to decorate the field, it’s usually permitted to decorate the off-field party area. The decorations don’t have to be too detailed – a banner and a bunch of balloons should be enough. Simple decorations also make the post-party cleanup hassle-free.
Step 4: Ensuring a safe playing environment
Now, safety is a very important aspect to keep in mind when hosting a paintball party. While paintballing is a safe activity for children, certain rules and guidelines still apply. Most arenas strictly enforce these to prevent injuries and other mishaps. However, as the host, it’s still your responsibility to ensure all attendees understand the safety rules and why they are in place.
- Gear: First and foremost, each and every player must wear protective eyewear and face masks on the paintball field. The paintball pellets hit quite hard and can cause eye injury and facial bruises without adequate protection. Thick clothes are recommended too, especially for children.
- Safety lesson: Get a paintball supervisor or referee at the arena to deliver a safety speech on all the rules and guidelines. They should also explain the general rules of the game for those who are new to paintballing.
- Referees: Kids might get carried away by the excitement and end up fighting over unfair play and other issues. Ensure the facility has enough referees, and they’ll be keeping an eye on the players at all times.
Step 5: Adding more fun with trophies
Competitive activities like paintball are always more fun when there’s a trophy to win. Trophies encourage everyone to participate more actively and play better as a team. In addition to a trophy for the winner, you may also add other awards like MVP, most team spirit, best aim, etc. If you have both kids and grownups playing, you might want to keep a couple of trophies exclusively for kids.
How to arrange for the paintball gear?
Paintball guns and other gear shouldn’t be a problem at all, since pretty much all arenas provide those. While some arenas may require you to rent the equipment separately, others already include the cost in the paintball session prices. Participants may also bring their own gear if they wish, but their paintball guns must be calibrated to meet the arena’s standards and restrictions. Most arenas have a maximum velocity limit to prevent injuries.
Now that you know how to go about it, you should be able to throw the most epic paintball party for your friends and family. Assuming you find a good arena with all the necessary facilities, it should be a hassle-free experience. Just remember to come up with a suitable party plan depending on the age group of the attendees and the reason behind the party.