Many men and women looking to obtain a toned, smooth, flat stomach turn to cosmetic surgery when diet and exercise regimens do not yield the desired results. Excessive weight loss and pregnancy are the primary causes of extra fat and skin in the abdominal region. Fortunately, a tummy tuck in Turkey can provide the solution. The operation, also known as abdominoplasty, enhances the contour of the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and rebuilding damaged or split muscles. The benefits of a tummy tuck procedure are:
- Effective fat reduction
- Tightens sagging skin and weak abdomen muscles
- A flatter, smoother tummy
- Improved body contour
However, in addition to these aesthetic incentives, a tummy tuck also offers some medical benefits, particularly when it is required as a remedial treatment for patients with certain conditions.
- Reduces stress urinary incontinence: A tummy tuck reduces stress urinary incontinence (SUI). A state of regulation of the bladder, the SUI arises when there is too much pressure on the bladder and urethra. It mainly affects women after vaginal delivery. The main symptom of the condition is uncontrollable bladder leakage, particularly when sneezing, coughing, or laughing. Research indicates that it can help to get a tummy tuck. During the operation, the plastic surgeon can block the soft tissue bladder to support the pelvic floor, bladder, and urethra and prevent leakage.
- Addresses back pain: Back pain is a common issue faced by many women after childbirth. A study published in 2018 found that tummy tuck surgery may reduce back pain after childbearing. More than half (51%) of the women who participated in the study reported moderate to extreme back pain impairment. Losing a large amount of weight, weak stomach muscles, and back and spine muscles that are not adequately maintained can also lead to muscle imbalances and back pain. Having a tummy tuck will help to resolve these issues. In addition to removing excess abdominal skin and fat, the surgeon may tighten the underlying musculature during the tummy tuck. This will provide much-needed abdominal support and relieve back pain.
- Corrects a ventral hernia: A ventral hernia is a bulge of tissue that protrudes through a weakening or opening of the muscles of the abdominal wall. It can occur for a variety of causes, such as abdominal weakening due to extreme weight loss, appendectomy, or C-section. The disorder can cause pain, discomfort, and problems with other organs, such as the intestines. A tummy tuck Istanbul flattens the stomach and targets weakened abdominal muscles as well. When the operation strengthens the muscles, the ventral hernia can be corrected by a tummy tuck.
- Improves posture: When strengthening the abdominal muscles and reducing back pain, the tummy tuck provides more support to the spine and improves posture automatically.
- Increases exercise tolerance: By addressing excess skin and weak abs, a tummy tuck makes it easier to exercise. It encourages patients to follow an exercise regimen and helps to promote exercise like running, walking, and other aerobic activities. Removing excess skin will not only make exercise physically less taxing but will also boost one’s confidence and improve one’s lifestyle.
With all these esthetic and medical benefits, a tummy tuck offers social and emotional benefits to patients. This involves growing confidence by being able to pick and wear the clothes they want, a desire to socialize more, and enhancing the quality of life.
To have Tummy Tuck Turkey with our board-certified surgeon and fix your problems above if you have one, contact us! MAYCLINIK family always here to help you.