Changes So you’re thinking about joining the growing revolution of people who are using CBD for support. You can buy these CBD products from sites like feelgoodinc.live which helps in relief from anxiety, pain, insomnia, stress, nausea, and other health issues. But, if you’re a newbie, you’ve likely got a lot of questions on your mind. Most importantly, how to use CBD oil.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the large variety of CBD products on the market, you’re not alone. Tinctures, topicals, capsules, vaporizers – which method is best for you? And how much should you take? Each method delivers CBD to the body in a different way – and this impacts what it can be used for and how often it should be consumed.
First and foremost, it’s important to understand that each person is different. Every individual body responds differently to CBD, which means that there is no one-size-fits-all recommendation.
Further adding to the confusion is individual preference. For instance, one method, such as vaping, may be considered to be more effective, but some may not like the habit of vaping. This could affect their willingness to use the CBD as required, and therefore they may not find any benefits from its use.
CBD Oil How to Use
CBD consumption will likely increase if the person favors the method of delivery. Therefore, the best way to use CBD is whatever way you feel you will enjoy more.
The tricky thing about CBD is that there aren’t any published guides or clinical studies that breakdown the recommended dosage for each person or various conditions. The other complication is that everybody responds differently to different supplements and dosages, so it’s impossible to determine how much you need and in what form.
Determining the right CBD product is often a matter of experimentation. But, hopefully, this guide will make things a little clearer.
Why Use CBD Oil
There are numerous benefits associated with using CBD oil. Research has shown that CBD has potent analgesic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antipsychotic effects. It’s also believed to alleviate cognitive decline associated with aging, and could also reduce the risk of diabetes.
The fact that CBD is non-intoxicating, as well as therapeutically potent and easy to consume as an oil, makes it an attractive treatment option for those who are wary about trying cannabis for its medicinal benefits.
Perhaps one of the biggest motivators for CBD oil use is that it’s widely believed to be a much safer and healthier option when compared to prescription drugs and opioids. Many small-scale studies have researched the safety of CBD in adults and concluded that adults seem to tolerate an extensive range of doses well.
Researchers haven’t found any significant side effects associated with CBD, even among those who use high doses. Unlike opioids, there is no risk of overdosing on CBD. As reported by the World Health Organization (WHO), CBD is generally well-tolerated and has a good safety profile. Furthermore, CBD exhibits no effects to indicate any abuse or dependence potential.
Essentially, CBD is a much safer option if you’re looking to treat conditions that doctors otherwise prescribe dangerous prescription medication for. For instance, Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is prescribed for extreme pain. However, it’s an extremely dangerous drug if misused.
Now, we’re not saying that CBD oil would be as effective at relieving pain (if at all), but it is a much safer alternative that is worth looking into.
Benefits of CBD Oil
CBDFX oil is widely regarded as an effective product to treat and manage pain. It can help to reduce chronic pain by impacting this receptor activity, thus reducing inflammation and interacting with neurotransmitters. Below, we will discuss some of the most popular benefits.
- Reduce Depression and Anxiety: Depression and anxiety are usually treated with pharmaceutical drugs, which could cause a number of adverse side effects. CBD oil has demonstrated a lot of promise as a treatment option for both mental health issues, leading many who suffer from either of these disorders to become more interested in this natural approach.
- Relieve Pain: Various studies have found that CBD may be effective at reducing chronic inflammation and pain. Most studies thus have been done on animals (mostly rats and mice), but according to many user feedbacks, people who use CBD oil for pain relief benefited them with the pain relieving effects in a similar way. So, there is a higher chance of CBD oil reducing pain & inflammation in your body if used properly.
- Epilepsy: Anecdotal evidence suggests that CBD may help control seizures and potentially save lives. A few studies have shown that adding CBD oil to existing medication could be effective in hard-to-treat epilepsy in adolescents and children.
- Could Benefit Heart Health: Recent studies have found a link between CBD and possible benefits to the circulatory system and heart, including lowering high blood pressure. High blood pressure is linked with a higher risk of developing heart conditions, such as heart attack, stroke, and metabolic syndrome.
- Antipsychotic Effects: Research suggests that CBD could help people with schizophrenia, as well as other mental health disorders by helping to reduce psychotic symptoms.
How to Use CBD Oil
Using CBD oil isn’t the same thing as smoking or using whole cannabis. CBD oil can be used in different ways to relieve all kinds of symptoms.
CBD-based products come in various different forms. Some could be mixed into foods or drinks, or taken with a dropper or pipette. Others are available in capsule form or as a topical product that can be directly applied to the skin. Some products come in sprays that are administered under the tongue.
The recommended dosage varies for each person and depends on factors, such as body weight, metabolism, health issue, and concentration of the CBD product.
Regarding the use of CBD oil, there are four main methods:
- Sublingual (under the tongue): You can buy CBD oil tinctures – in little bottles – that are taken sublingually. You simply place a few drops under your tongue and hold it there for 30 seconds before swallowing. It’s a discreet and effective method and offers long-lasting effects. It’s widely considered to be the best way to use CBD oil.
- Ingestion/Edibles: Adding CBD oil to your food or drinks is a fun and easy way to get your dose of CBD. You can either purchase pre-made CBD-infused foods or make your own. You can even just add a bit of CBD oil to certain foods, like drizzle over a salad, or add to pasta.
- Inhalation: Smoking/Vaping: Inhalation is one of the quickest ways to feel the effects of CBD because it goes straight to the lungs and bloodstream. There are two ways to inhale; smoking or vaping. You can smoke it by rolling a joint or an oil rig while vaping can be done with a vaporizer pen.
- Topical Application: You can also place CBD oil on your skin in the form of an ointment or oil. It’s one of the easiest methods, but is best used for skin conditions like acne and eczema, or when applied to sore areas, such as sore neck, back, or feet.
Choosing CBD Oil
There are plenty of CBD oils on the market today, and it’s very important to find a quality product produced by a brand you can trust. Everyone responds to CBD differently, which is why it’s also important to try out the product and make a note of any positive or negative reactions. It’s about choosing the right CBD oil for you.
Here are a few tips for choosing your CBD oil:
- Choose a Suitable Concentration of CBD: CBD oils are available in a range of concentrations. It’s usually recommended to start with a low to moderate dose and then increase gradually if needed. Depending on what health condition you are looking to treat, you may need a higher concentration.
- Full-Spectrum vs. Isolate CBD: There are two main types of CBD oil; isolate and full-spectrum. The latter contains CBD along with a variety of other cannabinoids and compounds, while isolate CBD is pure CBD (doesn’t contain other compounds). Full-spectrum is believed to be the best option due to a process known as the “entourage effect.” Essentially, the other compounds found in full-spectrum oil are thought to enhance the effects of CBD, meaning it may be more effective than isolates.
Various Extraction Methods: There are various ways to extract CBD from the cannabis plant. Not all of these methods are created equal in terms of quality and purity. The best CBD oils are usually produced using CO2 extraction. Brands usually mention their extraction method on their websites – if you want high-quality CBD oil, look out for CO2 extraction.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website's content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra's expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.