Types of Plant-Based Milk
In recent years, plant-based milk has become increasingly popular with both health-conscious consumers and those looking to reduce their environmental footprint. Plant-based milk is derived from a variety of sources, including nuts, grains, legumes and seeds. Each type has its own unique flavour and nutritional profile. Here is an overview of the different types of plant-based milk available on the market today.
- Almond Milk: One of the most popular plant-based milk options due to its mild taste and creamy consistency. Almond milk contains a variety of essential vitamins and minerals such as calcium, vitamin D, magnesium and potassium as well as healthy fats from the almonds themselves. It’s also naturally low in calories compared to other types of milk making it an ideal choice for weight loss plans or those trying to reduce their fat intake.
- Soy Milk: Another widely available option produced from soybeans that are soaked overnight before being ground into a fine paste with water added to create a smooth texture similar to that of cow’s milk. Soy milk is especially high in protein which makes it especially beneficial for vegetarians or vegans who may be at risk for protein deficiencies due to their diets not containing animal products.
Benefits of Plant-Based Milk
Plant milk in Singapore has become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason. Not only are they dairy-free, but they also offer many health benefits that regular cow’s milk does not. Here are some of the top benefits of plant-based milk:
- Lower Calorie Intake: Plant-based milk is typically lower in calories than its dairy counterparts, making them a great option for those looking to watch their weight. For example, almond milk typically contains just 30 calories per cup, while cow’s milk contains around 150 calories per cup. This makes plant-based milk a great choice if you’re trying to cut down on your calorie intake without sacrificing flavour or nutrition.
- No Cholesterol: Unlike dairy products which contain cholesterol, most plant-based milk does not contain any cholesterol at all – making them a great choice for those who want to keep their cholesterol levels in check. Additionally, some plant-based milk such as soy and oat contain healthy fats that can help keep your heart healthy as well.
- Higher Nutritional Value: Plant-based milk often provides more nutrients than regular cow’s milk – from calcium and vitamin D.
Popular Brands of Plant-Based Milks
Plant-based milk are becoming increasingly popular as consumers strive to find alternatives to dairy milk. Many brands have responded by offering a variety of plant-based milk made from different sources, such as almonds, coconut, oats, soybeans, and more. These plant-based milk offer a variety of nutritional benefits and can be used in place of regular dairy milk in many recipes. Here is a look at some of the most popular brands of plant-based milk on the market today.
- Almond Breeze: Almond Breeze is one of the most popular almond milk brands on the market. This vegan option is made with real almonds and has no added sugar or preservatives. It contains only 60 calories per serving and is an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D for those who cannot consume dairy products or those who prefer not to do so for dietary reasons.
- Silk Soy Milk: Silk Soy Milk has been around since 1996 and was one of the first non-dairy alternatives available on store shelves. It’s made from organic soybeans that are grown without pesticides or herbicides and it’s free from artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners, preservatives, saturated fat, cholesterol, lactose & gluten.
Plant-based milk has become increasingly popular over the last few years as more people are looking for dairy alternatives. Plant-based milk offers a variety of health benefits and can be made from ingredients such as almonds, oats, soybeans, coconut, and rice. They contain fewer calories than cow’s milk and are typically lower in fat. Plant-based milk is also a great source of calcium and vitamins B12 and D2. With so many options available today, it’s easy to find a delicious plant-based milk that fits your needs.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website's content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra's expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.