When you hear the word boarding school, what comes to mind? Perhaps it’s school uniforms, strict curriculum, and dull classrooms. While most people associate boarding with negative experiences, there are some things that have gotten much better over time. With more and more students choosing to attend a boarding school, you might be wondering if it is worth it. In this article, I outline the top benefits of going to a boarding school in your child’s life.
Top 5 Benefits of Boarding School
Boarding schools provide a unique educational experience for students. Here are five of the top benefits:
- Boarding school provides a more structured and disciplined environment than most public schools.
- Boarding school helps foster independence, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Boarding school helps students develop strong social skills.
- Boarding school teaches students how to work cooperatively with other students and staff.
- Boarding school prepares students for college and career success.
Benefits for the Child
Boarding school is an excellent way for children to acquire proper social, academic and physical development. Some of the benefits for the child include:
- Improvement in Social Skills: Best primary schools in Toowoomba provide a more structured environment where children are required to interact with others. This helps them develop better social skills and work cooperatively.
- Increased Academic Achievement: Boarding school offers strict discipline which helps improve academic performance. Children who attend boarding school usually achieve better grades than those who do not.
- Better Physical Development: Boarding school provides a more varied and challenging environment that helps children develop physically and mentally. They learn how to handle stress and stay healthy both mentally and physically.
- Improved Self-Esteem: boarding school teaches children that they can achieve anything they put their mind to. This boosts their self-esteem and motivates them to work hard in all areas of their lives.
Benefits for the Family
There are many benefits to attending boarding school for the family as a whole. Here are just a few:
- Increased Connections with Other Families: Boarding schools encourage close-knit relationships between students and their families. This strengthens bonds and helps create lasting memories. Boarding schools also provide opportunities for parents to get to know their children’s teachers and classmates better, which can only be beneficial for both the student and the parent.
- More Opportunities for Extracurricular Activities: Boarding schools offer a wealth of opportunities for extracurricular activities, which can provide your child with valuable life skills and experiences. These activities can include clubs, sports, arts and crafts, and more. Boarding school instructors are typically highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields, so your child will benefit from learning from them.
- Greater Understanding of Different Cultures: Boarding schools expose students to a variety of different cultures, which can help them learn more about other people and cultures. This knowledge is valuable both in the workplace and in later life endeavors.
- Greater Responsibility: Many boarders take on additional responsibilities such as being responsible for keeping their rooms clean, doing their.
Benefits of Time Off from Work
There are many benefits to attending boarding school. Students typically have more time off from work and more time to focus on their studies. Boarding schools also provide a more structured environment that can help students succeed in school. Here are the most notable benefits of boarding school:
- More Time Off from Work: Boarding school students typically have more free time than students who attend public schools. This free time can be used to explore the area around their boarding school, participate in extracurricular activities, or take advantage of the school’s facilities and services.
- Greater Opportunities for Career Development: Boarding school students often have access to world-class education and career opportunities. They may be able to participate in student clubs and organizations, take courses offered by the board of trustees, or study abroad programs. This exposure to new ideas and opportunities can help students develop new skills and strategies for success in life.
- Increased Academic Achievement: According to research published in The Journal of Higher Education, boarding school students consistently achieve higher academic scores than students who attend public schools. This is likely due to the greater focus on academics that is typically found at boarding schools.
Boarding schools offer a rich and diverse learning environment, which can provide many benefits for your child.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.