People have been repeatedly using iron since the past decades. However, we all know how boring and monotonous it is! What if we tell you that you can keep your clothes wrinkle-free with an easy-to-use tool?
And that is where valuable service providers such as Garment Steamer Guide comes into the picture. The garment steamer not only works more conveniently as compared to the conventional iron but is also user-friendly! The difference between an iron and this magic wand is that the iron removes wrinkles from the fabric through heat but a steamer uses the power of steam for eliminating wrinkles from your outfits and giving them a crisp look.
The market is loaded with tons of these products, hence, finding the right match could be tough. What are the things that you must consider before buying a good garment steamer? Here are the complete buying guide pointers that one must consider while buying it.
- Garment Steamer Type: Handheld garment steamer and Upright garment steamer are the two product types that are available in the market. While handheld ones are best for personal use, upright systems are a perfect fit for commercial purposes. Thus, depending upon your requirement, you can select the product type.
- Steamer’s Performance Duration: You should know for how long the garment steamer would manage to steam. There are many steam irons that only last for around 10 minutes while others can work beyond this time frame. Thus, remember to analyze the product performance time to get an efficient product. You can read more about it – https://www.makeupandbeautyblog.in/2018/05/portable-garment-steamer-the-best-way-to-keep-wrinkles-away.html
- Water Tanker capacity: The ratio of your water tank size is directly proportional to the ratio of its steaming capacity. Hence, before investing in this modern iron, ensure that you find the right water tank capacity for your usage. Furthermore, these systems also offer the option of detachable water tanks which generally makes it simpler for the users to clean these systems.
- Automation: Look for the automation feature. It is important to note when the equipment becomes dry, the technology installed should be such that it shuts the system down after a specific time period. This saves clothes from any kind of damage experienced due to excess of heat.
- Steady Heat-Up Time: The heating duration required by iron to kickstart its steam power is called as its heat-up time. The lower the heating duration, the faster is the heating mechanism of your steam iron. Thus, if you hate time-consuming machines, then make sure that you check the heat-up time of the product before purchasing it.
- Steam Viable setting: It is important that your product has a setting that lets you select the steam. Different fabrics require a different amount of settings. With a viable option, one can adjust steam as per the fabric’s steam sustaining capacity. For more detailed insights on garment steamer usage and fabrics, you can visit this article.
- Machine Weight: Bulky or heavy systems are often difficult to carry. Additionally, such systems consume a lot of space and are quite expensive to maintain. Therefore, as far as possible avoid investing in such heavyweight machines. On the contrary, try to buy lightweight steam irons that are portable and easy to maintain.
- Product Ratings: Product ratings or customer feedbacks offer a supplementary help to get insights on product quality. Hence, instead of impulsive purchase, try to do your research by evaluating product ratings and reviews of steam irons. Such research will not just help you to find the perfect machine but rather it will also help you to get insights on additional features of this modern iron.
To summarize, purchasing a garment steamer is not rocket science. By doing a little research and following the above-mentioned factor consideration, you can easily find a quality steam iron. However, the only safety measure that you need to focus on is the brand credibility of a system that you are planning to purchase.
Make it a point to check all the system features along with its warranty period. Such precautions will save your money from being wasted on the poor quality of products. Likewise, we hope these guidelines have made it easy for you to select the right garment steam iron.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.