Reselling has become a prominent fashion trend. Many people are turning to vintage and secondhand items to save money, live sustainably, and make the most of unused clothes sitting in their wardrobes.
According to thredUP’s 2022 Fashion Resale Report, the global secondhand apparel market will grow 127% by 2026, reaching a staggering $218 billion, more than double its 2021 value ($96 billion). The US resale market will account for $82 billion.
As an online reseller, you must hit as many marketplaces as possible. That’s where a cross-posting app like Crosslist can help.
This review covers Crosslist’s essential features, benefits, potential drawbacks, and countries where the app is available. Read on to learn why it’s a fantastic solution for resellers.
What is Crosslist?
Crosslist is a cross-posting app for listing products on multiple online marketplaces. Resellers use it to import product listings from various channels and post them across famous marketplaces like eBay, Poshmark, Facebook, and Mercari.
It streamlines the process and helps resellers succeed as small fashion business owners. There’s no need to switch between platforms and list items on each, as Crosslist lets you do it simultaneously from one place in seconds.
However, it requires Google Chrome and the Crosslist Chrome extension for PC or Mac to import and cross-list product listings. Mobile support is only available to create listings within the application itself.
How does Crosslist work?
Once you register for an account, you can start by either creating new listings or cross listing existing listings. When creating a new listing, the platform lets you select the marketplaces where you want to list on. Crosslist will only show you the fields relevant to the marketplaces you’ve selected, saving you additional time.
After providing the required product information, you can list your selected marketplaces with a single click.
Here’s a closer look at the features with relevant screenshots and animated GIFs to help you understand the process better.
Primary Crosslist features
Crosslist’s primary features include three import methods, giving it an advantage over many other cross-posting apps. For instance, Vendoo doesn’t support direct cross-listing. Also, Crosslist offers multiple marketplace support and more.
Crosslist’s import methods
- Bulk import is suitable for resellers with extensive inventories. It lets you import up to 20 simultaneous product listings in seconds. This feature is also helpful for modifying existing listings before cross-listing them on other marketplaces. You can add new images, edit product descriptions, or change the prices once you import them to Crosslist instead of doing it separately on each marketplace.
- Single import is perfect when you want to cross-list one specific listing but still want to modify your product information.
- Direct cross-listing allows you to cross-post to multiple marketplaces with a single click without modifying your listing. This feature is currently available for specific listings only. It requires you to navigate to a particular product detail page, click the Crosslist extension icon, and select the desired marketplaces. However, selecting multiple listings from your listing overview or closet will soon be available to help users accelerate direct cross-listing.
Multiple marketplace support
Crosslist integrates with nine marketplaces:
- eBay (including .ca, .com.au and .co.uk)
- Poshmark (including .ca and .com.au)
- Vinted (including .ca and .co.uk)
That’s more than many other apps support, including Resell Kit (three), PrimeLister (seven), Cross List It (six), and ListingJoy (five).
Vendoo supports the same platforms but offers limited bulk listing, limited image-editing features, no direct cross-listing option, and no intuitive interface.
Crosslist offers those features and more, making it an undeniable winner in the Vendoo vs. Crosslist battle.
Quick inventory listing process
The inventory listing process on Crosslist is fast, whether you import individual or bulk listings. It might even be quicker than on other platforms.
Your internet speed plays a part, but it generally takes seconds to import and cross-list product listings across marketplaces.
You can create listings on any device. Click the Create button to open a page where you can complete the product information.
Select the marketplaces, fill out the mandatory fields (you can skip the optional fields), and click the Post button to list your product.
You can also save the listing as a draft to complete the necessary information later.
Once you select desired marketplaces, Crosslist will display relevant fields only to save you time.
For instance, if you want to cross-list on Poshmark, Kidizen, and Vinted, it won’t show fields that exist only on Depop.
Single import and direct cross-listing from Facebook
Crosslist supports only single import and direct cross-listing for Facebook Marketplace. This means that bulk import is currently not available. That might change, but it’s still more than many other cross-posting apps offer.
Currently, Crosslist does not offer the ability to post your listings automatically without reviewing them. The reason for this is that a lot of marketplaces require fields that are not present on the marketplace you are cross listing from.
For example, Grailed and Poshmark require choosing a color for every listing, which isn’t an option on Facebook Marketplace. So if you’re cross listing from Facebook to Grailed, you will never be able to auto-post your listing anyway. The same goes for other specific attributes.
For example, Poshmark requires original and listing prices, while Facebook doesn’t. Facebook also lacks Mercari’s Smart Pricing feature for setting listing and floor prices for each product.
Crosslist has an intuitive interface to help all resellers create, import, and cross-post product listings without a hitch. You can get the hang of it even if you’re not tech-savvy. Its clean design, accessibility, and speed add to your seamless user experience.
Excellent customer support
If you ever encounter a problem while using Crosslist, a friendly customer support representative will always be eager to help out. The team is highly responsive and quickly resolves issues.
The reviews on Trustpilot are backing this claim as well.
Besides its excellent features, Crosslist offers several benefits to resellers.
- Affordable prices
Crosslist offers three pricing plans:
- Bronze – $24.99/month or $199.99/year
- Silver – $39.99/month or $249.99/year
- Gold – $34.99/month or $299.99/year
Annual plans offer significant savings, and the overall pricing is more affordable than other cross-posting apps.
For instance, List Perfectly costs more but has limited functionalities, including importing, bulk listing, and image-editing. Vendoo is cheaper, but it can’t compare with Crosslist’s features. Crosslist undoubtedly packs the most bang for your buck.
- Using the app saves time
Using Crosslist translates to dramatic time savings, as you can post product listings on multiple marketplaces at once. Regardless of your inventory size, cross-listing with this app is a breeze.
Every listing you import will have the necessary product information, eliminating the need to fill out various fields again, except when you wish to make changes.
- It will boost your sales
Creating product listings on multiple marketplaces is crucial for boosting sales and revenue. Crosslist streamlines the process by helping you quickly target potential buyers on their preferred channels.
Expanding your reach without wasting time posting listings manually on various platforms will help you sell items online efficiently and turn a profit.
The following are the only potential drawbacks of Crosslist, although they shouldn’t be a deal-breaker.
- No instant posting after clicking the Post button: The platform opens separate tabs for each listing and selected marketplace, showing a draft to review. You must navigate to each tab for Crosslist to complete the listing form. After reviewing them, you can click Post again in the selected marketplaces. This feature is slightly confusing for some users because they don’t navigate to the tabs, but it helps check for potential errors before posting. Also, as mentioned above, in many cases auto-posting is not possible due to required fields missing when cross listing. It’s important to note that many competitors work in the same way, such as List Perfectly.
- No shipping rates: You can’t add shipping rates to listings you create on Crosslist. However, they vary among marketplaces anyway and are subject to change because owners typically determine them. You can adjust them on the marketplaces you use.
- Facebook: The Tags field on Facebook will not fill correctly if a user pulls up another program on top of the Chrome browser while completing the form. To avoid this bug, please do not interfere with the filling process.
- Mercari: You can’t import color from Mercari.
- Vinted: You can’t transfer color to Vinted.
The good thing is that Crosslist is fully transparent about these cons, and they even published that on their page, so you always know what to expect.
Here’s what they say about Facebook, Mercari, and Vinted glitches:
“Unfortunately, this means that these will not be fixed in the foreseeable future. Most of these are related to the form-filling process. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
Who can use Crosslist?
Crosslist is available only in the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia. It doesn’t serve EU users because of the VAT (value-added tax) rules, but that may change in the future.
Do note that while Crosslist supports 9 different marketplaces, not all of them may be available in your specific region. For example, Tradesy and Kidizen are not available outside the United States.
The following nice-to-have features are available with the higher-priced plans:.
- Listing templates: Gold users can create custom templates to save time on future listings. That’s helpful if you sell similar products and costs only $10 more per month than a Bronze account.
- Additional images: Gold customers are able to upload 12 images instead of 9.
- Built-in image editor: Crosslist’s built-in image editor is perfect for enhancing product images. Investing in professional photos is crucial when selling apparel, and this tool (available to Silver and Gold users) helps you refine them to attract more customers.
- Relist/delist: the relisting/delisting feature is being rolled out gradually for all 9 marketplaces. Currently, it’s only available for Poshmark for Gold customers.
The tool lets you edit photos using your phone’s camera and features more options than other cross-posting apps.
Besides rotating, flipping, cropping, and zooming your images, you can add filters, annotations, and stickers and adjust the brightness, temperature, saturation, clarity, exposure, vignette, gamma, and contrast.
It’s fun to work with an app that looks and functions well, saves time, and makes creating bulk listings and cross-listing a breeze. Crosslist’s user-friendly design and helpful features make it one of the best cross-posting apps for resellers.
The app even offers a three-day money-back guarantee to users who post fewer than 20 listings. Take it for a test drive to explore its features; you can get your money back if it doesn’t suit your needs!
P.S. If you decide to try this app, please share your experience with us in the comments.