With so many flat irons competing to be the best, how do you know what will work for you? It’s tough. I like a flat iron that makes styling easier, faster, and with as little damage to my hair as possible. It’s a tall order. The Ultimate Control Flat Iron by Sexy Hair, not only delivered well on those requests but is sexy and sleek in and of itself, don’t you think?
Sexy Hair Ultimate Control Flat Iron
Sexy Hair’s website boasts:
- Made with 1-inch wide Black Ceramic Titanium plates that help seal in the hairs’ natural moisture, locking out humidity, creating less static and frizz.
- Equipped with a digital display for temperature control depending on your hair type. Digital technology takes the guesswork out of selecting the correct heat for your hair type & treatment ranging from 330-450.
- Fine 330°
- Medium 380°
- Coarse 420°
- Features unique curved edge plates for styling straight, curly, wavy or flipped looks.
- Ceramic Titanium heaters provide instant heat recovery.
- Other features include a 60 minutes auto shut off, dual voltage (ideal for traveling overseas), a 9-foot cord with cord wrap ideal for storage and travel, and comes with a convenient travel pouch.
- Available at Amazon.com and other licensed salons.
- Additionally, this flat iron comes with a 2-year warranty.
My Review and Thoughts
There are a lot of great things to say about this flat iron that I hardly know where to start. First and foremost, the high-quality plates and ceramic heating elements keep the heat even and consistent. No hot spots or uneven styling.
One of my favorite features is that the plates are longer than the average plates, which make curling longer hair much easier. Sexy Hair doesn’t even mention these longer plates, and they are only slightly longer than other flat irons that I’ve used, but I noticed that it was much easier to create and manage curls with the longer plates.
The long cord makes styling easy no matter how far away your outlet happens to be, which is particularity nice in my bathroom. I can not tell you how happy I am with the auto shut-off feature. Coming from a family of firemen, and as an admitted scatter-brain, it’s so nice having peace of mind that I’m not going to come home to a burned down bathroom. How many times do you wonder if you turned your flat iron off? I do it all the time.
I also love the temperature control features. With a 200 degree range in temperature selection, there’s no reason to use too high of a temperature on your hair or a temperature that’s too low. The right temperature means less passes and less damage on your hair. For professionals, or if you happen to live in a house of multiple women with varying hair types, the wide range in temperatures make this flat iron as versatile as they come.
Above All: Protect Your Hair
I really love this flat iron, however part of the reason I love it is also the reason I’m writing this review with a strong warning. Just because the flat iron is capable of reaching 450 degrees doesn’t mean that you should use the flat iron at 450 degrees. Seriously. Because really, that’s incredibly hot and the majority of people (probably you) will never need a flat iron with 450-degree capabilities. We all know that everyone’s guilty of turning up the heat to the highest setting. Frequent styling at high temperatures will eventually cause irreversible damage to your hair. Guaranteed.
Luckily for all of us, Sexy Hair didn’t just make a 450 degree flat iron and not help us protect our hair from these kinds of temperatures. Sexy Hair 450 Protect products are amazing for heat protection from your blow dryer to your flat iron. Use them. Every time you style your hair. No cheating.
Keep this in mind as well: while heat protection is a great product, it can not provide complete protection from high temperatures. You still have to be responsible, use the lowest temperature setting possible, and get the most out of your heat-styled hair by extending the time between shampoos as much as possible.