Whether you just have to have the latest hair technology, you’re looking for something to make curling your hair easier, or you’re just in need of a new curling iron, the CHI ARC by Farouk Systems will satisfy your need for something new while making styling your hair fun. So fun, that you just might fix your hair a lot more often. Seriously.
The Technologically Advanced Styling Tool
Call me lazy or just call me a lover or all kinds of technology, the fact that the CHI ARC spins your hair into a curl at the push of a button is pretty cool.
The fact that it actually works and makes life that much easier is a huge bonus.
The CHI ARC features everything the tech-geek in all of us can appreciate: push-button controls, digital temperature display, state of the art materials, superior design and speed. It takes all of 30 seconds to reach its maximum temperature of 410 degrees, it feels great in your hand, and it’s made of high-quality materials that impart minimal damage to your hair.
Plus, as if all that wasn’t enough, now you don’t even have to twist your dainty little wrists to get a curl, ladies! For most of us that’s just convenient, but if you’ve ever spent 8 hours curling miles of hair in a salon, you know all that wrist twisting can be a real pain. If you have joint issues, the CHI ARC may just be God-send. And, if you’re one of those people that just can’t run a curling iron without burning yourself or turning your hair into a hot mess, the ARC just might be your answer to beautiful curls.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Using the CHI ARC has a pretty small learning curve. Sure, you’re going to have to get familiar with the buttons, bells, and whistles before you get going because it’s different than anything you’ve probably used before.
After a few minutes you’ll find that the ARC is simple to use and after a few uses, you’ll look like you’ve spent hours on your hair in minutes. Especially if your hair is long, the CHI ARC can really save you time and make getting those hard to reach areas a breeze. Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your ARC:
- Use the CHI ARC on dry hair only.
- Prep your hair using a heat setting spray to help your curls hold (try the INFRA Texture spray that comes with the curler).
- These products and tips are helpful, too.
- Set the temperature of your iron for your hair type. Fine/thin hair should use a low temperature while thicker/course hair can use a higher temperature. Error on the side of a lower temp and adjust up, if necessary.
- Use small sections. Clip the mid-shaft of your hair into the clip at the base of the iron and slide the curler to the end of your hair, then choose the left or right spin control button and let the machine do the rest.
- Don’t allow the iron to sit on your hair for too long to avoid damage or burning your hair. 10-15 seconds should do the trick.
- Wrap your hair tighter for smaller/tighter curls, or looser for loose waves/curls.
- Let your curls cool down completely before combing or styling (they’ll stay longer).
- Check out this video for more tips and a look at how the CHI ARC works.
Bottom Line? Cost and Recommendations
Would I recommend the CHI ARC to the average consumer? Most likely, yes, but there are two things to consider. First is the price. At around $150 retail, this isn’t the cheapest curling iron you’re ever going to own, but it’s so easy and fun to use that you’ll probably be more likely to actually curl your hair.
The second consideration is the length of your hair. The longer your hair, the more you’ll benefit from the automatic rotation of the iron. If you’re a professional cosmetologist that’s doing updo’s on a regular basis, I’d absolutely recommend saving yourself a few hundred wrists wrenching twists by investing in and ARC (plus your clients will be impressed with your high tech toy).