Why Washing Your Face Twice Helps Your Skin
Do you wear makeup? If you responded yes, then you need to do a double cleanse in the evenings. A double cleanse is exactly what it sounds like – washing your skin twice. Yes, twice. If you only cleanse once, there really is little chance that you are not properly removing your make-up and skin care products at the end of the day in addition to the dirt and pollution that accumulated on your skin throughout the day.
Cleansing twice doesn’t add a lot of extra time to your bedtime skincare routine, and it is worth the effort since sleeping with your make-up on only leads to more skin care trouble down the road. Even if you don’t wear make-up, you definitely need to consider a double cleanse in the evenings to truly make sure your face is truly clean before you go to bed.
The first part of a double cleanse concentrates on removing your makeup along with skin care products such as sunscreen and all the dirt that has stuck to your skin during the day. There are lots of cleansing products on the market that can be used to remove make-up and grime.
- Cleansing oil – Even if you have acne or oily skin you can still use cleansing oil. You actually apply cleansing oil to dry skin, gently massage it into your face, and then rinse with room temperature water. If you are used to first wetting your face when cleansing using a cleansing oil can take a little getting used to. (By the way, using a cleansing oil to remove make-up is not the same things as the oil cleansing method).
- Cleansing Oil Products To Try:
- Cleansing Balm – another make-up removal option is a balm which has a thicker consistency than oils. Keep in mind you also apply these products on dry skin as you do the cleansing oils. They are great for both oily and dry skin.
- Cleansing Balms To Try:
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
- Banila Co. Clean it Zero
- Micellar water – this is a cleansing water that top make-up artists love. You use it by putting some on a cotton pad and swiping on your face as you would do with a toner. It doesn’t need to wash off. Since you don’t need to wash cleansing water off it is a great product to have on hand when camping or traveling on a plane.
- Micellar Water Products To Try
- Simple Micellar Cleansing Water
- Bioderma Crealine H2O Micelle Solution
- Garnier Skin Micellar Cleansing Water
- Cleansing wipe – One of the most convenient ways to clean your face cleansing wipes are much loved by many people. There are numerous types of cleansing wipes to choose from so everyone can find a favorite.
Now, do you need a separate eye makeup remover? That is up to you and how well your overall make-up remover works. If you use water-proof eye make-up, you really might need a separate eye makeup remover.
Now that you’ve removed your make-up or most of it you need to wash your face again. If your face is already damp proceed with cleansing with your favorite cleanser. If you have normal or dry skin use a milky cleanser. People with oily skin or acne prone skin may want to use a cleanser with active ingredients such as salicylic acid in order to help their skin. You can use a sonic cleansing brush like the Clarisonic or a konjac sponge with your favorite cleanser for extra cleaning power and gentle exfoliation all at once. Rinse your face with room temperature, never hot water, and pat your face dry with a clean towel.
Best Facial Cleansing Wipes – Facial Cleansing Pads Review
Facial cleansing wipes are an essential item in our arsenal of beauty products, and it’s no wonder why: they’re a quick, easy way to take off all of your makeup, wipe away dirt and grime, and freshen up your face. They’re perfect to use after a workout when you want to freshen up, or after a long night when you want to quickly and effectively take off your makeup.
Here are some of the best facial cleansing towelettes on the market today:
1. Yes to Cucumbers Facial Wipes
As you may know, Yes To has tons of different facial wipes, from grapefruit to coconuts, to carrots, but we like Yes to Cucumbers best. These cleansing cloths are perfect. They’re budget-friendly, compostable, hypoallergenic and they smell great. They also really work. They effectively, yet gently, cut through dirt, sweat, and makeup, even stubborn eye makeup, leaving you feeling refreshed in a matter of seconds.
2. Kaia Juicy Bamboo Natural Cleansing Oil Cloths
In addition to removing makeup, these cleansing cloths also contain natural, skin-friendly oils. Kaia Juicy Bamboo Natural Cleansing Oil Cloths are soaked in honey, jojoba oil and sunflower oil, as well as vitamins B12, C and E. Typical face wipes contain harsh ingredients that literally strip your face, leaving your skin feeling irritated, but not these wipes. They’re made with 100% bamboo fibers, so in addition to feeling great on your face, they’re also 100% biodegradable.
3. The Body Shop: Vitamin E Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes
Have you ever heard of people breaking open vitamin E capsules and applying the liquid to their face? Your skin loves vitamin E. In fact; it might be the vitamin it loves most. The Body Shop’s entire vitamin E collection is effective, and these wipes are certainly no exception. The gently remove makeup, cleanse, remove impurities and give skin that fresh, clean, tingly feeling. More »
4. Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes
We love these gentle cleansing facial wipes. They effectively remove makeup, including mascara, with ease. Plus they only cost around $6! If you have sensitive skin, Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes are the facial cloths for you. They don’t contain any alcohol, oil, dyes or fragrance, and they’re also non-comedogenic, meaning they won’t clog your pores. They also contain vitamin B5, which helps restore your skin’s luster. More »
5. Bioré Daily Deep Pore Cleansing Cloths
If you’re looking for a faster alternative to using a cleanser on your face, pre-moistened Bioré cleansing cloths are great. They are thick enough that they gently exfoliate the skin while removing dirt, oil, and makeup. They don’t leave an oily residue, they don’t contain alcohol, and they’re gentle enough for daily use.
6. Comodynes Make-up Remover for Sensitive & Dry Skin
Comodynes makes four different types of makeup removing towelettes, but we like this kind, which is formulated for sensitive, dry skin and made with oats. If you have sensitive skin, your skin will love the soothing properties of oats. These facial wipes remove makeup without drying out skin, they don’t irritate, and they cleanse very well. So well, in fact, that they provide complete facial cleansing while moisturizing and toning the skin.