Skin Care Advice & Products
Skin Care Tips for Your Face
Skin Types: Gain insightful skin care knowledge as well as product reviews from the markets hottest products. From cleansers to moisturizers, toners to serums and everything in between; we’ve got you covered. Find products here that are meant for all skin types, or click on your individual skin type for more specific skin care products.
Oily Skin: Here you will find product recommendations as well as advice if you have oily skin.
Combination Skin: Here you will find advice as well as reviews on products specifically for combination skin.
Normal Skin: If you have normal skin, you’ll want to read advice and product review on products made for your skin type.
Sensitive Skin: If you have sensitive skin, come read my product reviews and advice for your “hard to please” skin type.
Dry or Mature Skin: Skincare tips and product reviews for women with dry or mature skin.
Facial Hair: Looking for ways to get rid of your stubborn facial hair? We share hair removal product reviews, progress updates on things like electrolysis, Vaniqa and waxing, and tips on how to keep it from taking over.
Acne Tips and Advice
Acne can sneak up in your teens, linger in your 20’s and even stick around through your 30’s and beyond. Here are some acne tips and advice that can help.
Acne Care Product Picks and Reviews: Get control of your acne-prone skin. Here are some of our favorite acne products as well as product reviews on products geared towards the acne-prone skin.
Got acne questions? You’re not alone! Check out these reader-submitted questions on acne and see if your question is listed. If not, send it to us and we’ll do our best to answer it for you.
- The Right Way to Get Rid of a Pimple: We all have experienced a pimple showing up at the worst possible time. We asked Dermatologist Jeanine Downie for her advice on acne and how to get rid of a pimple, fast.
- Why Your Pores Are Big (and What You Can Do about It): Everyone has pores, but what are they exactly? Why are some people’s pores so noticeable while others seem to be almost invisible? We’ll explain.
- The Best Way to Treat Body Acne: Body acne got you down? Fight back! Using a body acne treatment can blast those pimples away — no matter where they are on your body.
- Teen Skin Care: An 18-year-old male asks questions about skin care – how to get rid of whiteheads and skin bumps.
- Back Acne – What to do About Back Acne: Do you deal with Back Acne? Here are some simple ways to get rid of back acne for good.
- How Can I Reduce the Appearance of My Enlarged Pores: Because I suffered from acne for so long, I have enlarged pores. Here are some helpful tricks as well as product advice that I use to make them look smaller. Large pores frustrate many people. Learn lots of tips and tricks for disguising and even getting rid of large pores.
- Acne Fighting Products: Are you uncertain if you should use acne products with salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide? Or both? Or neither? Find out what kind of acne and skin type each ingredient is best suited for.
- Which Facial Acid Is Right For Your Skin?: Facial acids are a great skin care ingredient for exfoliation. Learn here what facial acids can do for your skin and how to choose the right one for your skin.
Love Your Body
Cellulite is a real condition that affects many men and women. Find the facts, what you can do about your cellulite and if you can avoid getting more down the road.
Dry Skin – Tips and Advice for Dry Skin
Everyone has dry skin now and again, but there are steps you can do to treat and prevent dry skin from turning your skin into a dry, itchy mess.
Gift Guides – Holiday Gift Guides
If you’re looking for a beauty or skincare item this holiday season, look no further than our holiday gift guides, which are full of great holiday gift ideas.
Exfoliating – Exfoliating Tips and Advice
True or False – You’ll never have smooth flawless skin unless you exfoliate. TRUE! Come to learn more about exfoliation and the basic how-to’s when it comes to exfoliating your skin.
Don’t miss these must-read skincare features. Get informed on our latest product reviews and see what product we highlight each day with our Beauty Product of the Day feature.
- Skin Care Product Reviews
- 8 Tips for a Green Beauty Routine
- Eliminating Blackheads
- Latex Allergies: Prevention and Treatment
What is Your Skin Type?
Do you know what your skin type is? Is it oily, normal, combination or dry? Or maybe you have sensitive skin. While dermatologists don’t categorize your skin, skin care companies do. In order to choose the right products, you’ll need to have some kind of idea what your skin type might be.
- Oily Skin Characteristics
- Combination Skin Characteristics
- Normal Skin Characteristics
- Dry Skin Characteristics
- Skin Care Tips for Teens
- Applying Self Tanner
- What Happens When You Stop Washing Your Face?
Get a Grip on Your Acne
Whether your 12 or 42, acne can cause havoc on your skin. Know that you’re not alone and that there are ways to deal with it. Of course, you should always remember that your dermatologist is there to help you, but if you’re looking to treat your acne at home, here is some help.
- Top 10 Ways to Prevent Acne
- Tips for Oily Skin and Combination Skin
- T-Zone Troubles? We’ll Help
- What Causes Acne? (Or What Doesn’t!)
- Daily Skin Care Steps for Oily Skin
- 8 Acne Spot Treatments
- DIY – Make Your Own Pore Strips
- Skincare Tips for Tweens – How to Wash Your Face
- Teen Skin Care
- Enlarged Pores? Reduce Their Appearance
Sun Safety – Fun in the Sun
From sunscreen to self-tanning, read reviews to help you sort through the endless supply of sun products on the market today.
Sunscreen Tips and Facts
Don’t guess when it comes to sunscreen. Your skin is depending on it. These sunscreen tips and facts should help you navigate the rules when it comes to protecting your skin against the sun’s rays.
Sunscreen Reviews and Product Picks
You have lots of options when it comes to sunscreen. Check out our reviews and product picks before you go shopping for a new sunscreen.
All About Self-Tanning – Tips and Reviews
Goodbye splotchy orange, hello beautiful tan! Self-tanning takes practice, but there is no reason why you can’t get the perfect tan from a self-tanning lotion.
Find some great information on the sun and how to stay safe while looking fabulous.
- Top High-End Facial Sunscreens
- Our 6 Favorite Budget Sunscreen Brands
- Summer Skin Must-Haves
- How Long Does Sunscreen Last?
- Get Sunburn Relief
- Top 6 Lip Balms with SPF
- Vacation Packing List for your Skin
- Mystic Tan Review
- Oxy Clinical Review
- Self Tanning Lotion Tips
Skin Care Q&A’s
Is the SPF in My Foundation Enough Coverage?: A reader asks, “Is the SPF in my moisturizer enough, or should I use a specific sunscreen over the top of it?” See what we recommend.
I’m always available to answer skin care questions. If you don’t see yours here, email me at [email protected]
- Do I Really Need a Moisturizer?
- Is There a Concealer With SPF For My Melasma?
- What is an Illuminating Facial Moisturizer?
- Facial Toner – Is it Necessary?
- What Are Antioxidants?
- Oily Eyelids? Avoid Eyeshadow Crease
- Is My Moisturizer’s SPF Enough?
- What Are Parabens?
SPF and Sun Safety Q&A’s
Readers write in their questions on sun safety and sunscreen and we give them the answers they need.
- Can I Get a Tan if I Wear Sunscreen?: Reader question – Can I Get a Tan if I Wear Sunscreen?
- Does My Eye Cream Need SPF?: Eye Creams and SPF – Does My Eye Cream Need SPF? See if we think your eye cream should have SPF.
- Conceal Your Melasma with Makeup: Melasma is a skin condition that goes away on its own & you can easily cover it up. Cover your melasma with SPF products like melasma concealer & foundation.
- Is the SPF in Your Foundation Enough?: Can you use your makeup as a form of sunscreen? Is the SPF in makeup effective? Read on to learn whether this SPF skin care rumor is fact or fiction.
Body Care Q&A
Your skin is the largest organ in your entire body and it can throw some pretty hard stuff on you time to time. But, it can also take a pretty big beating! Find out some answers to body care questions some readers have written in. Have one of your own? Send it our way at [email protected].
- Safe Baby Skin Care Products: How can you tell if a product is safe for your baby? These recommendations for the best safe baby products include safe baby shampoo, safe baby wash and more.
Nail Care Q&A’s
Taking the time to keep up with nail care helps you look polished and professional. And it doesn’t take much time or effort to do so. Check out some of the questions that readers have written on when it comes to taking care of their nails.
General Skin Care Questions for Your Face
Sometimes your skin’s oily, sometimes it’s dry. Sometimes you’re struggling with fine lines, but then a pimple shows up. Taking care of your face can be tricky sometimes! Read some of the questions readers have submitted and see if you’ve ever had the same issues.
Do I Really Need A Serum Twice A Day?: A reader asks: Do I need to use my serum twice a day? Or is my face oil enough for my nighttime treatment? See what we told her.
Are Skin Care Products with Petrolatum Safe?: Wondering about Petrolatum in your skincare products? Some people think it’s bad for your skin, clogs your pores and is bad for the environment. See what Dermatologist Helen Torok has to say about Petrolatum.
Illuminating Face Moisturizer Explained: What is an illuminating face moisturizer and why you might want to try one?
Do I Need to Use a Serum and Toner Every day?: What exactly is a serum, and do I need to use a serum and a toner daily?
Recommendations for a 20-Year-Old: A 20-year-old woman asks for skin care product recommendations in this skin care Q&A.
Should You Use a Facial Toner?: Do you really need to use a facial toner? Find out if you should use a toner or not daily.
What Are Parabens in Skin Care Products?: What are parabens, and should I avoid them?
FAQ – How Do I Avoid Eyeshadow Crease When I Have Oily Eyelids: If you deal with a crease soon after you apply eyeshadow, follow these eyeshadow tips to eliminate your eyeshadow crease.
Moisturize – Moisturizer Tips and Tricks
Find out here what moisturizer is ideal for your skin type and how to apply your moisturizer effectively for the best results.
What type of moisturizer do you need? Do you need a serum and a moisturizer? What about eye creams?
- Night Face Cream – Is it Really Necessary?
- Facial Serum vs. Facial Moisturizer
- Why You Don’t Need an Under Eye Cream
- Best Moisturizers Under $20
Extra Skin Care Steps
You may or may not need to add extra skin care steps into your skin care regimen. Here is some info on each step and why you may want to add it to your skin care routine.
- 5 Vitamins for Healthy Skin
- 6 Tips for Younger, Fuller Lips
- What is Microdermabrasion, Anyway?
- Get Rid of Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- How To: Exfoliate your Dry Chapped Lips
- How To: Relaxing At-Home Facial
- Best Facial Mask For Your Skin
- How To Use Eye Makeup Remover
- Skincare Products You Can Make – DIY Skincare Products
Skin Care for Men
Learn how to figure out what skin care products are best for your skin as well as body moisturizers that don’t smell like you borrowed them from your girlfriend.
Guys, ditch the Dial and start taking proper care of your skin.
- 2 Must-Have Drugstore Products for Men
- 5 Simple Skin Care Changes for Men
- My Favorite Hand Creams For Men
- Bald Men, Don’t Forget to Take Care of Your Head
- Stop Excess Sweating
- Can I Use My Wife’s Skin Care Products?
Skin Care – Babies and Children
Read all about baby body washes, lotions, shampoos and all other skin care for children.
- Is Baby Oil Bad for Your Skin?: You’ve probably heard a lot about baby oil, but do you know what this product actually is? Find out everything you need to know about baby oil here.
- How Do You Shave Your Legs?: If you’re gearing up to shave for the first time, you might have questions. What should you know before shaving? Get all the answers here.
- Tweens and Acne Products – Are they Necessary?: If your tween is starting to break out in slight acne, don’t rush to get an acne line for them. Here are some tips and things to remember when it comes to skincare at this age.
Body Care Tips, Advice, How-To’s and Q&A’s
Skin Care Must-Reads
Don’t go shopping until you’ve researched our growing list of skin care product reviews. And make sure you take time to read our daily Beauty Product of the Day feature.
Body Care Basics
If you’re new to adding more than the basic bar soap to your body care regimen, or you just want to refresh your memory, start with the basics.
- 6 Must-Have Skin Care Tools
- How to Exfoliate
- Shelf Life of Your Skin Care Products
- 5 Dry Skin Remedies For Your Shower
- What Type of Body Moisturizer is Best?
- 6 Tips to Banish Dry Skin
- Why You Should Use a Body Scrub
- 10 Skin Care Tips for Fall
- Your First Manicure Explained
- Why You Should Get a Pedicure
Body Care Q&A’s
Chances are good you’ve wondered the same things as these users. See answers to real reader’s skin care questions, and if you don’t find your question here, email me at [email protected] and I’ll do my best to help you.
- Help! Extremely Dry Skin
- What to do About Back Acne
- What to do About My Peeling Nails?
- What Are AHAs
- How High? SPF in My Sunscreen?
- Will Anything Get Rid of My Cellulite?
Homemade Skin Care Recipes and Spa Treatments
Making your own skin care recipes can be a lot of fun, not to mention, a lot cheaper than many store-bought products. Here are some fantastic recipes and treatments you should try.
- Cinnamon Foot Indulgence
- Facial Cleanser
- Bubbly Rasilicious Face Mask
- Sweet Summer Skin Smoother
- Healing Honey Winter Hydrator
- Avocado Citrus Masque
- Papaya Pineapple Exfoliating Mask
- Lime Exfoliation
- Manicure In a Jar
- Zesty Apple Rub
- Lemon Cheesecake Whitening Mask
- Sea Salt Foot and Bath Soak
- At-Home Facial Mask
Skin Care How To’s
Skip high prices at the spa – treat yourself to these skin care treats yourself!
- At-Home Facial
- Soothe Dry Skin on Your Hands and Feet Tonight
- Indulge in a Spa Treatment at Home
- How To Give Yourself a Spa Pedicure
- A-Z List of Product Reviews
Everyone wants a tan, but we all know how dangerous the sun can be for our skin. Stick with a safe tan and you’ll get all of the feel-good benefits of the sun. Here are some tips and advice for a beautiful glowing skin.
- Take Care of Your Skin After a Day in the Sun
- When Should I Replace My Sunscreen?
- 6 Top Lip Balms with SPF
- Tips for Streak-Free Sunless Tan
- The Truth About Tanning Beds
- Is a Higher SPF Level the Best Option in Sunscreen?
Interviews: Sometimes they’re funny, sometimes they’re informative, but they are always a good read. Check out these interviews with top skin care experts and follow their tips and advice for beautiful skin.
- Dry Skin Tips – Greg Nole: Vaseline
- Kiss My Face Founders – Bob MacLeod and Steve Byckiewicz
- Julie Gabriel: Author of The Green Beauty Guide
- Kimberly Sayer: Kimberly Sayer of London
- Angela Jia Kim: Om Aroma
- Jaime Lewis: Maxine Salon – Waxing
- Dr. Kenneth Howe: Lubriderm
Master List of Skin Care Product Reviews – Over 100 Brands Reviewed
Are you looking to get an opinion on a specific product? Let me know and I’ll do my best to get you the info you need. If you’re looking for the most thorough skin care and body care product reviews, look no further than this A-Z list of products.
A-B: Skin Care Product Reviews
Search for your favorite skin care lines in alphabetical order from A to B.
- 100% Pure
- Acne Free
- Alford & Hoff
- Anatomy Naturals
- ART DECO
Facial Product Reviews
When it comes to taking care of your face, it can be as easy or as complicated as you desire. Cleansers, toners, moisturizers, serums, exfoliators, masks – it can be hard to find what’s right for you.
Find reviews and product education on the skin care products you’re shopping for.
- Facial Cleansers
- Facial Moisturizers
- Extra Skin Care Steps
Body Care Product Reviews
Just because you have a favorite lotion, foot scrub or shower gel doesn’t mean that you can’t try out something new every once and a while. Lotions, body butter, body scrubs; you name it, we’ll test it and let you know if it’s worth trying.
Check out our product reviews on some of the body care items you may be looking for.
- Shower Gels: Skin Care product reviews – A list of shower gel product reviews
- Body Scrubs: Reviews of Body Scrubs on the market today.
- Reviews of Body Moisturizers: Read our reviews of some of the lotions, body butter and other body moisturizers on the market today.
- Gifts and Miscellaneous Body Care Product Reviews: Read our product reviews on gifts and other miscellaneous body care products.
Home Made Skin Care Recipes and Skin Care How To’s
Check out our homemade skin care recipes and learn how to create a perfect at-home spa treatment with ingredients you may already have.
- Skin Care Recipes for Your Face: Head to the kitchen and open the cupboards because chances are good you have what you need to make a skin-loving skin care recipe. Pick one from the following.
- Skin Care Recipes for Your Body: Don’t spend big bucks on a body exfoliator when it’s super easy to whip one up yourself. Sure, you don’t always have the time to make your own, but when you do, here are some great body care recipes to choose from.
Caring for Your Hands, Feet, and Nails
In order to keep your hands and feet looking fresh, you have to take care of them at home. Read about the best hand and foot scrubs and moisturizers to keep your feet sandal-ready at all times, as well as the best manicure and pedicure tips.
Hand and Foot Care Product Reviews
There is no need to hit the salon for regular manicures and pedicures if you take care of your hands and feet at home. And taking good care of your hands and feet require the knowledge of purchasing products that work.
Take a look at the hand and foot care items we’re reviewing and pick one out for yourself. Looking for the best hand cream or foot scrub? Check out our reviews on the best hand and foot care items.
- Hand Care Product Reviews: Before you hand over your credit card, see what we think of the hand care products on the market today.
- Foot Care Product Reviews: Don’t forget to shop for your feet. They are always craving a little TLC. See what foot creams and foot scrubs we love, and the ones we’d suggest passing on.
Shellac is the hottest thing in nails right now and if you haven’t tried it yet, you’re missing out. Find out all about Shellac Nails, including FAQ’s, reviews, DIY instructions, and color swatches.
Beauty Insiders – From Within the Beauty Industry
Meet some of the top men and from within the beauty industry as they answer a few of our pressing skin care questions.
- Being Mary Jane Star Gabrielle Union Talks About Beauty: Actress and Being Mary Jane star Gabrielle Union talks about beauty, makeup, and her favorite products.
- Nutrition for Skin: 5 Foods You Should Be Eating: If you want healthy, beautiful skin, look no further than your plate! What you put in your mouth affects your skin. When it comes to nutrition for skin, check out these top 5 foods you should be eating.
Spa Treatments Explained
Everything you ever wanted to know about facials and spa treatments.
- Finding The Right Esthetician For You: Learn here how to find a good esthetician and what personality traits an esthetician should have.
- Different Types of Facials Explained: When you go to a spa how do you choose which facial is right for your skin? Find out here how to make the right choice.
- When To See An Esthetician, When To See A Dermatologist: When should you see an esthetician and when should you visit a dermatologist for help with your skin?
- DIY Spa Facial: Want all the pampering and relaxation of a spa facial but you don’t have the time or money for it? Here’s how to do it yourself.
Tips on how to best care for your skin
Advice and counsel on how to care for your skin.
Applying Skin Care Products In The Correct Order: You have a serum, a moisturizer, and a sunscreen to apply to your skin. In what order should you apply your skin care products?
Skin Care Cleansing Must: The Double Cleanse: Ever wonder if you really removed all your makeup at the end of the day or if your skin is truly clean? Start doing a double cleanse at night and wonder no more.
Could You Be Over-Exfoliating Your Skin? Heed These Warning Signs: Are you over-exfoliating your skin? Use these tips to make sure you’re not just damaging your beautiful skin color.
Figuring Out Your Skin Type: Confused if your skin is normal, dry, or oily? This article will help you figure out your skin type so you can effectively care for your skin.
How to Transition Your Beauty Routine from Summer to Fall: The weather is getting cooler and the air drier. Here are steps to help you transition your beauty regimen from summer to fall.