Many beauty tips make sense because they follow some logical rationale, like exfoliating before you apply a bold lipstick or wearing a primer to make your makeup last longer. Then there are beauty tips that sound so weird that you wonder who was the brave guinea pig to try them in the first place. (I would like to meet the person …
Quick Beauty Tips
Makeup and beauty tips for getting ready quickly, whether you’re headed to work, running errands, going out for cocktails with the girls, or hitting the town for a special occasion. You’ll find everything from advice on easy makeup applications to two-in-one product reviews to step-by-step instructions on creating a flawless face.
Learn how to apply makeup quickly for any situation, from natural looks to full-on glamour.
How to Make Nail Polish Dry Faster: Learn how to make nail polish dry faster for the quickest manicure ever. A celebrity manicurist reveals her secrets to a smudge-free mani.
Get Wavy Hair Fast: An easy step-by-step guide to creating beautiful waves, no curling iron required!
How to Create Bright Eyes: Learn how to fake a good night’s sleep with tips from CoverGirl makeup artist Molly R. Stern. She gives a step by step tutorial on creating a bright eye with eyeshadow.
Tricks to Make Hair Color Last: Make your hair color last longer with these hair stylist-approved tricks.
10 Minutes to Perfect Makeup: Learn how to apply makeup in 12 easy steps starting with a flawless face, moving on to the eyes and then ending with the mouth.
How to Do a 7-Minute Pedicure: Tips for making toes look pretty with a quick, at-home pedicure
What Are Eyelash Extensions?: Eyelash extensions seem like a time-saving beauty trick, but are they really? The editor of 15-Minute Fashion and Beauty shares her experiences.
How to Shape Your Eyebrows – Easy Eyebrow Shaping: Well-groomed eyebrows help you look attractive, polished and pulled together with minimal effort.
The first time I ever had my eyebrows professionally shaped, my mom took one look at me and said it was the best money I had ever spent. A well-groomed eyebrow is a shortcut to a pulled together look: it can balance out your features and make you look more polished and awake.
Finding the right shape for you, however, can be a little tricky. I checked in with the experts at the Shobha Salon in New York for advice:
- If you have a round face, a high-arched, angular brow will make your face look thinner.
- Conversely, if you have a long face, a more horizontal eyebrow with an arch that is further out towards your hairline will
- make your face appear fuller.
- A heart-shaped or square face is balanced out by round eyebrows.
- To minimize a large nose, aim for highly arched, dark or thick eyebrows.
- Eyes will look larger with thin, angled brows.
- Rounder brows will soften a sharp or pointy chin.
- Large eyes are more proportional with thicker, dark colored brows.
- If you wear glasses, pick a pair that matches the shape of your brow, instead of attempting to make your brow match the frames.
Do Gel Manicures Live Up to the Hype?: Gel nail manicures are a new technique to keep nails.
How to Make Perfume Last All Day: Tips and tricks for helping your perfume last longer.
10 Ways to Look Less Tired: Late nights—no matter what the cause—are a fact of life. But even if you didn’t get much sleep, you can still look awake. When you do, you’ll naturally feel more energized!
4 Hair Color Myths: Separate fact from fiction when it comes to hair color to get the most optimal, beautiful, longest-lasting results.
How to Make a Blowout Last: Make your blowout look fresh for up to a week.
The Top 5 Drugstore Foundations You Need Right Now: You don’t need to spend a lot of money on foundation. This drugstore beauty buys work just as well as their pricey counterparts without breaking the bank.
The Basics of Hair Loss: Once you know what may be causing your hair loss, you can take steps to prevent it.
What is a Blow Dry Bar?: The Dry Bar is a popular chain of blow out salons. Read on to learn what to expect when you step inside one.
- How to Sneak in Sunblock: Don’t sit around waiting for your sunblock to absorb — or worse — go without. Try these tricks to sneak in sunblock to your day.
- Make the Most of Your Beauty Sleep: Wake up to a brighter smile, clearer skin, and pretty hair when you use these overnight tips and tricks.
- Skincare Basics: Good skincare doesn’t require multiple steps or hours or your time. Learn the essentials from NYC dermatologist, Dr. Doris Day.
- Easy at Home Spa Treatments: Easy at-home spa treatments including a mani and Pedi that take less than 10 minutes each.
- How to Make Nail Polish Dry Faster: Learn how to make nail polish dry faster for the quickest manicure ever. A celebrity manicurist reveals her secrets to a smudge-free mani.
- Get Wavy Hair Fast: An easy step-by-step guide to creating beautiful waves, no curling iron required!
- 5-Minute Face: Getting made up in the morning doesn’t need to be a long-drawn-out process. Get gorgeous quick with these easy-to-use products.
- How to Create Bright Eyes: Learn how to fake a good night’s sleep with tips from CoverGirl makeup artist Molly R. Stern. She gives a step-by-step tutorial on creating a bright eye with eyeshadow.
- Tricks to Make Hair Color Last: Make your hair color last longer with these hair stylist-approved tricks.
- 5-Minute Summer Makeup: Keep your makeup simple, yet polished, for a gorgeous summer.
- How to Do a 7-Minute Pedicure: Tips for making toes look pretty with a quick, at-home pedicure
- How To Style Hair After the Gym: Easy and quick step-by-step plan for gorgeous hair after your workout.
- What Are Eyelash Extensions?: Eyelash extensions seem like a time-saving beauty trick, but are they really? The editor of 15-Minute Fashion and Beauty shares her experiences.
- How to Shape Your Eyebrows: Well-groomed eyebrows help you look attractive, polished, and pulled together with minimal effort.
- Do Gel Manicures Live Up to the Hype?: Gel nail manicures are a new technique to keep nails.
- 3 Beauty Investments That Are Worth the Time: Some beauty treatments and habits not only make you look and feel better, but they also help you save time. Others are a waste of money. Here’s a breakdown.
- How to Make Perfume Last All Day: Tips and tricks for helping your perfume last longer.
- Three Steps to a Perfect Blowout: Learn how to do a salon-worthy blowout at home.
- 10 Ways to Look Less Tired: Late nights—no matter what the cause—are a fact of life. But even if you didn’t get much sleep, you can still look awake. When you do, you’ll naturally feel more energized!
- Lash Extensions – Review: Lash extensions are long-lasting, though hardly permanent way, to get longer lashes. Are they worth the time and expense?
- 4 Hair Color Myths: Separate fact from fiction when it comes to hair color to get the most optimal, beautiful, longest-lasting results.
- Summer Beauty 911: Learn quick fixes for all of summer’s beauty problems, including erasing bikini bumps, eradicating toe fungus, handling a rash, and more.
- The Benefits of Being Blonder: Lighter hair can make you look younger and softer. Who doesn’t want that?
- Learn How to Fake Flawless Skin: Find out how to use concealer to cover pimples, hide dark circles under the eye and create an overall glowing complexion.
- How to Make a Blowout Last: Make your blowout look fresh for up to a week.
- Trish McEvoy’s Secrets for Effortless Beauty: Celebrity makeup artist Trish McEvoy shares her easy makeup tips for effortless beauty.
- Nail Talk with the star of The Nail Files: The star of The Nail Files shares her best nail polish and nail care secrets.
- How to Have a Whiter Smile: A guide for the most popular ways to brighten your smile.
- Fast Beauty Tips with Melissa Schleicher: A conversation with Carrie Underwood’s hair and makeup artist about looking beautiful in a hurry.
- Easy Makeup Tricks: With these cosmetics on hand, it’s easy and quick to apply makeup.
- Fast Beauty Tips with Nick Barose: A celebrity makeup artist shares his tried and true tips for looking good—fast!
- Best Beauty Holiday Gifts: Beauty gifts are among the biggest crowd-pleasers—every woman is happy to receive one and many come pre-wrapped in clever packaging.
- Best New Beauty Products: Say goodbye to thinning hair, undone nails, and blotchy skin, thanks to these beauty advances.
- The Basics of Hair Loss: Once you know what may be causing your hair loss, you can take steps to prevent it.
- How to Look Younger: With a few easy tricks, you can take off five to 10 years — almost instantly!
- Dry Skin Remedies: Find out the best ways to get relief for dry skin.
- What is a Blow Dry Bar?: The Dry Bar is a popular chain of blowout salons. Read on to learn what to expect when you step inside one.
- Emerald Green Fashion and Beauty: It’s luxurious, calming, and beautiful. No wonder emerald green was selected as Pantone’s color of the year for 2013.
There is a lot of good beauty advice to follow, like: using shaving cream for your legs and finding a foundation shade that matches your face, not your hand. Just like the advice your mother gave you, you don’t always listen to everything (especially about boys, she’s always wrong there). I have the best intentions of following it, …
If you’re like me and everyone I know, you’re moving into a new apartment this weekend and probably want to punch everyone and everything in sight. Happy long weekend! Something about putting all of my possessions into bubble wrap and boxes that always seem to break, scrubbing my new apartment, which apparently has never been …
As an obsessive reader of health and beauty magazines and websites, I’m constantly getting new beauty tips that are supposed to improve my skin, brighten my smile, and make my hair shine like Blake Lively’s. This information is coming at me from the people whose job it is to help me improve myself (okay, more like …
The armpit hair struggle is real. Whether we laser it off or we dye it bright pink, armpit hair will always be a point of contention. Why? Because the stigma against women’s armpit hair is deeply rooted in patriarchal ideas of feminine beauty ideals, women must be soft and youthful and the very opposite of traditional ideas of “masculine.” I noticed these rules in …
There is always room for improvement. Even models who get paid gazillions of dollars to be photographed for a living still make the occasional selfie mistake. Granted 98.97% of their Instagram feed is flawless (including all of their no-makeup selfies), there are still those rare times when the urge to try something different is too tempting, and they try for …
About 18 million Americans had some sort of cosmetic surgery in 2018. Among these procedures are various types of facelifts. A facelift is a surgical procedure that uses various incisions to pull the facial skin and underlying tissue back, tighten the muscles, and smooth out wrinkles. If you’re considering getting a facelift, there are many …
In theory, wearing perfume is easy: you find something you like, you spray it on your body, and you go about your day. In practice, it’s much more complicated than that, and unfortunately, we all have to make a ton of mistakes before we figure it out. The following are 9 fragrance lessons we all have to …
2020 seems like it went by so quickly there was no time for beauty resolutions. But now that 2021 is underway, it’s time to just cut 2020 loose and start fresh. If you’re making up your resolutions, here are 11 beauty resolutions you should actually stick with this year. 1. Quit Smoking Smoking is really …
According to the New York Times, Americans are some of the most stressed people in the world. That’s why participating in self-care is essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a positive outlook. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to spend a day at the spa each week. Rather than increasing your stress by spending money, …
If you’ve ever found yourself wandering around the aisles of your local Sephora just for the chance to smell expensive perfumes and draw eyeliner squiggles on the back of your hand, you know what true love feels like. I’ve actually found myself wondering if Sephora employees get that omg-I’m-in-heaven feeling every time they go to …
I’ve been reading up on Sephora‘s free beauty classes, and I didn’t realize I needed more of a reason to sell my soul to the devil in exchange for more time to spend there. I was initially a bit skeptical of these classes and figured they might just be an opportunity to shill Sephora products without actually teaching …