Nail polishes are a great way to express your individuality and style. Whether you prefer brighter shades of reds, pinks, or blues or opt for subtle pastels and nudes, there is a color selection for every occasion. In this article, we’ll explore the best-colored nail polishes for every occasion.
Bold Shades That Stand Out
If bold is what you’re going for either in making a fashion statement or simply having fun with color, then you might want to pay attention to these particular shades of colored nail polish:
- Red: The classic red never goes out of style; it immediately catches people’s eyes and exudes confidence. It comes in various tints ranging from a cranberry pink hue to burgundy and scarlet red. You can use different shades of red depending on the occasion you’re attending.
- Dark blue: Make an impressive statement wearing dark navy blue, such as midnight blue or royal blue shades, which add personality by bringing in elegance. If you find black nail polish too dramatic, go for darker versions of blues that will create a similar mysterious vibe.
- Deep purple: Purple has been one of the most popular colors in the beauty industry lately; it represents royalty and mystery but also creativity and fun. A deeper version of purple, known as eggplant, looks stunning on women who have contrasting white skin tones due to its high contrast value when compared to lighter tones.
- Green: This may not be a traditional base color choice, alluding to the famous Grinch many adore, especially during Christmas. However, green has several bright shades that may match anything from simple outfits at your workplace party events to more casual choices complementing your sports activities.
Subtle Yet Elegant Shades
If subtler hues are more up your alley, then here’s some elegant classification among them:
- Nude Browns: Nude shades are always chic and work for any casual or formal setting in our daily lives. These shades range from shell pink, champagne-colored, tan, and taupe to caramel, light beige, and more.
- Soft Blues: Lighter blue colors, which are commonly known as baby blue, can offer a minimalist appearance with stylish vibes while maintaining enough contrast value at the same time. For an even more relaxing experience on chill nights, try out powder blue instead of opting for white nail polish.
- Muted Greens: Medium shades like olive green or moss green reduce the intensity of bringing color to your nails but nonetheless provide sufficient contrast so that you’re not overlooked.
- Pink Blush: This shade range features romantic hues with satin-solid finishes intentionally made to conceal their brightness but still add extra glow on special occasions. This makes them great for both weddings and proms.
The Eye-catching Glitters
Shiny glitter nail polishes have become increasingly popular over the past few years. They spice things up when wearing them during Christmas events and parties and may look appealing to individuals seeking something more playful:
- White Glitter: The predominant color is white glitter because numerous people prefer this elegant addition that provides a delicate sparkle and charm perfectly compatible with wedding dresses.
- Gold: Gold glimmer adds the ideal flare designed to compliment celebratory situations such as a New Year’s Eve party, where each person seeks to transition into new beginnings.
- Silver Sparkle: Silver sparkling nails add instant glamor, making them appropriate for elevated looks such as engagements, event invitations, birthday celebrations, etc.
- Rainbow Colors: A spectrum of multiple colors brings life wherever you go. It helps diffuse any anxiety, providing constant change and positive energy, especially when having club outings.
Whether it be blues like midnight navy or royal blue shades that convey elegance and sophistication, darker purple versions of eggplant hinting at mystery, innovative greens representing aura and fertility grounds, or classic and glamorous reds, it is vital that you choose what works best according to the presentation you have in mind.
Nudes and taupes exemplify an exceptional, well-maintained look, while soft pinks add a bit of glamour for special events. Glitters are always playful and eye-catching to play with. You can pair white glitters with wedding dresses, gold glitter nail polish when transitioning into new beginnings, and rainbow color palettes when vibing out! Whatever your preferences might be – exploring different colors will open up a world of possibilities that help best express oneself.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2018. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.