I blame YouTube for my strange desire to have stiletto nails. I am obsessed with YouTube beauty guru Nicole Guerriero. Obsessed. Every video she puts out is gold. She’s recently given them up, but she rocked stiletto acrylics in shades of red and pink for a good year, and there was something terribly appealing of the …
Nails How-Tos and Tips
Nail Polish Brands
All the nail polish news, nail lacquer and color trends, and top nail polish brands and tips you need in one place.
- Browse Essie Polishes: See the current collection, plus old favorites.
- The Best Non-Toxic Nail Polish Brands in Stores Right Now: The Best 3-free Nail Polish Brands that sell non-toxic polishes that are “3-free” or omit other harmful chemicals.
- Up-and-Coming Nail Polish Brands: Nail polish brands you may not have heard of: The up-and-coming nail brands to know.
- The Most Luxe Nail Polish Brands: Luxury designer nail polish brands.
How-Tos and Tips
Get expert tips and tricks for manicures and pedicures, how to grow nails longer, and tips for healthier and stronger nails.
- The 4 Best Nutrients for Stronger Nails: Are you eating the best foods for growing stronger nails? Grow longer, healthy nails by incorporating these nutrients into your diet.
- How to Give Yourself a Pedicure: Why spend all that money at the nail salon? Learn the right way to do a pedicure at home. Trust us, it’s easier than it looks.
- How to Give Yourself a Manicure: My 30 best manicure secrets in one spot, how to keep polish from lasting, how to give yourself a manicure, the most flattering nail shapes and much more.
- How to Keep Nail Polish From Chipping: Learn how to keep your nail polish from chipping. These simple tips will help extend the life of your manicure. Plus, see the best nail products to shop now.
- 6 Signs of a Good Nail Salon: How to pick a good nail salon: A few things a good nail salon should do.
Nail Art Ideas
Love nail art? See the latest nail decals, designs, and stick-on and press-on nails.
- Tips for Doing Nail Art: Nail art is easy enough with the right tools and a little know-how. Watch this About.com video to see how to add some excitement to your manicure.
- How to Do Confetti Nail Art: Doing confetti nail art is a great way to jazz up your nails for a night out, a holiday, or a special event. Watch this About.com video to see how you can create it on your own.
- How to Do Hearts Nail Art: Jazz up your nails with some heart nail art! Watch this About.com video to learn how to do it on your own.
Nail Polish Trends
The latest nail trends in nail polish, nail art, and more.
- Nail Art Trends: 14 Amazing and Hot Looks: Fall’s hottest nail trends include crackle, the newsprint mani, Shellac nail polish, Minx and Sally Hansen adhesives and more.
- Accent Nails: Ideas for one single “accent” nail that stands out.
- Half Moon Manicures: Play up the natural crescent shape at the base of your nails.
- A History of Nail Polish: Nail Polish History.
- Super Bowl 2014 Nail Art: Denver Broncos Seattle Seahawks.
Love the nail color on your favorite celebrity? We cover all the nail polish and nail art trends as seen on the stars.
- Celeb Nails on Tumblr: See shots of celebrity nails posted to Tumblr.
- Katy Perry’s Best Nail Art: Katy loves to mix it up. See some of her most notable looks.
- Lady Gaga’s Fake Nail Auctioned Off: …and someone paid $13,000 for it!
- Nicki Minaj-Style Nails: Fans copy Nicki Minaj’s signature bold nails.
Essential Nail Tools
Learn about the best nail tools for manicures and pedicures, and nail supplies like nail files, clippers, and cuticle pushers.
- Sandal Ready Feet and Heels: Do you suffer from rough and dry skin on your feet and heels? Here are 3 different ways to great smooth skin just in time for sandal season.
- 5 Nail Tools Every Woman Should Own: Use these essential nail tools to give yourself better manicures and pedicures at home. Here’s the type of cuticle pusher, nail clipper, nail file, cuticle nipper, and nail buffer to buy.
- Easy, 8-Step Pedicure to Pamper Your Feet: In this step-by-step article, I share exactly how to give yourself a professional pedicure. All you need a few tools.
- How to Give Yourself a Salon Worthy Manicure: I share my step-by-step instructions on how to give yourself a professional manicure at your own home. Save yourself time and money with these simple steps.
- Browse Basic Nail Tools: An assortment of tools for every need.
- Review: Clarisonic Pedi Foot Transformation System: We review the brand new Clarisonic Pedi Foot Transformation System.
Gel and Shellac
Get the facts on gel nails and gel manicures, including in-salon gel manicures like Shellac and at-home gel manicure and DIY gel nail kits.
- Review: NaiLuv At-Home Gel Manicure Kit: We review the NaiLuv at-home gel manicure kit. See if this kit allowed us to get a salon-quality gel manicure at home.
- Learn More About Gelish: Here’s what to know about one popular salon gel system.
- How Shellac Is Different: The manufacturer, Creative Nail Design, explains.
- OPI Axxium In-Salon Gel Mani: More information on this popular salon gel brand.
- CND Introduces Vinylux, the 7-Day Manicure: CND launches Vinylux, a 7-Day Manicure.
- Review: Essie’s New Gel Nail Polish System: Review: Essie’s New Gel Nail Polish System.
We explain various artificial nail options, including tips, acrylic nails, and salon gel nails.
- Artificial Nails for Beginners: Are you tired of your nails looking bitten or chipped? Do you want that perfect and polished look for a special occasion or just to make you feel good? Follow our tips and you’ll have great looking nails in no time.
- How to Remove Acrylic Nails: Removing acrylic nails right at homemade easy. Keep reading for all the essential tips!
- Drugstore Artificial Nails: See what’s available at your local drugstore.
- Beauty Supply Artificial Nails: A typical assortment available at beauty supply stores.
- Nail Tips: Browse popular glue-on and stick-on nail tips.
Solutions to common nail problems, from hangnails to ingrown toenails.
- How to Fix Cracked Cuticles: Do you suffer from cracked cuticles in winter? Here’s how to fix them using shea butter, cuticle cream, argan oil, and storebought creams.
- The Secret to Stop Biting to Your Nails: Are you a chronic nail biter? Find out what causes you to bite your nails and how to stop it using special nail polishes and treatment.
- Everything You Need to Know About Fungal Nail Infections: A fungal infection of the nails causes thickened, discolored nails that can be painful. Find out what fungal nail infections look like and how they are diagnosed.
Nail Care Products
Nail care products that make manicures and pedicures easy. Updates on the best new cuticle oils and removers, callus treatments, hand and foot scrubs, nail hardeners, nail treatments, and more.
- The Best Cuticle Creams: I rate the best cuticle creams and oils on the market including Revlon, Burt’s Bees, Mavala and other organic cuticle oils and creams.
- Creams, Oils, and Treatments: See some popular nail products and treatments from CND.
- Cuticle Products 101: Your cuticles need frequent care, so don’t neglect them! Here’s a quick run-down on cuticle cream, cuticle oil, and cuticle removers.
- The Most Common Types of Base Coat: A description of all the types of base coats for nails.
- An Alphabetical List of 10 Common Nail Products: Common nail products, tools, and polishes.
Bubble nails are the latest nail trend taking over the Internet. Unlike Minion nail art or stiletto nails, the bubble nail trend has even the most experimental nail artists saying, “WTF.” If you haven’t seen the photos of people with nails that look about fourteen times too big for their hands, the trend doesn’t have to do …
I recently attempted to recreate “easy” Pinterest nail tutorials to see if they were really easy to do at home. (Spoiler alert: they weren’t.) Now, it’s time for another nail challenge. Stiletto nails have became a huge nail trend in the past few years. Just take a look at any manicure-loving celeb’s Instagram or any nail art blog. They …
2020? We don’t know her. New year, new you — or new nails at least. There are so many different types of manicures available now that it can be difficult to know which to pick. From aesthetics to nail health to durability, there’s a lot to consider. We’re here to guide you through our seven …
The proper way to stick on any nail ornaments Once you have applied the bottom layer of gel to your upper layer gel, the tools that you must own are flowers, different diamond ornaments, pointed clips, round pens, and diamond-encrusted gel along with other decorative materials. The first step should always be to apply the …
‘Prevention is better than cure’! We, at Neo-Nail salon, take that very seriously! During the ongoing pandemic, we are actively mitigating the risks by operating a safe nail salon in order to safeguard our staff and esteemed customers. Located in Brickell, Miami, Neo-Nail salon also had to initially halt operations due to the upward trend of COVID-19 …
The nails can truly be regarded as one of the most essential attributes of the human fingers. It is being made of a particular protein known as keratin. Beautiful nails complement the well-groomed hands of a human being in an effervescent manner. Henceforth, it’s strictly mandatory for an individual to abide by the rules and …