Heart shaped blush has become a hugely popular makeup trend on social media lately. The cute, whimsical heart shape on the cheeks creates a flirty, romantic look that is perfect for date night or Valentine’s Day. While the technique may seem intimidating at first, it’s actually quite easy to master heart blush with the right products and techniques.
Heart-shaped blushes are a popular cosmetic product. They are often available in both powder and liquid forms. These blushes typically come in adorable heart-shaped compacts.
They also feature a heart-shaped applicator, adding a touch of charm to the packaging. The products are designed to provide a natural, buildable flush of color for the cheeks. They are often praised for their blendability and long-lasting wear.
Various brands offer heart-shaped blushes. The options come in different shades and formulations. This caters to diverse preferences and skin tones.
Some examples of heart-shaped blushes include the “Let’s Dance – Pressed Powder Blush” by ColourPop, the “Cheeky Stamp – Liquid Cushion Blush Stamp” by Kaja Beauty, and the “Cheeky Heart Blush – Sweet Pea” by Medusa’s Makeup.
These products are known for their cute and functional packaging. This makes them a popular choice for makeup enthusiasts. They seek both quality and aesthetics.
Choosing the Right Heart Shaped Blush
Picking the perfect heart shaped blush for your skin tone and preferences is key to nailing this look. Here are some tips:
- Texture – Heart blushes come in cream and powder formulas. Creams blend easily with fingers but set more quickly. Powders require a brush but are easier to layer and build color.
- Finish – Hearts look great in shimmer, matte and satin finishes. Matte and satin work well for all skin types. Shimmer adds glow on cheekbones.
- Color – Pink, coral and berry shades are flattering on most skin tones. Match to your natural flush or go bold.
- Products – Some recommended heart blushes include Benefit Dandelion, NARS Orgasm, Stila Convertible Color, Colourpop Super Shock Cheek.
Remember to experiment with different shades and application techniques to find the perfect heart-shaped blush that suits your face shape and personal style.
Prepping Skin for Heart Shaped Blush
Starting with clean, hydrated skin ensures seamless blush application:
- Cleanse – Remove makeup, oil and dirt from skin so blush glides on smoothly.
- Moisturize – Hydrated skin improves blush blending and longevity. Oily skin can use a mattifying moisturizer.
- Primer – Fill pores and smooth skin texture, especially if you have large pores or oily areas.
- Foundation – Apply foundation as normal but avoid the cheek area where the heart will be placed.
- Preparation: Always start with a clean and moisturized face to ensure a smooth application of blush.
- Application Technique: For a heart-shaped face, apply blush in a “C” shape, starting from the top of the temple down to the cheekbone. Use more product along the cheekbone, then diffuse it up towards the temple, pushing it in and upwards.
- Blending: Blend the blush well to ensure a seamless and natural look. Use a damp sponge or a stiff brush to blend the blush into your face, avoiding harsh lines.
By following these steps, you can effectively prep your skin for heart-shaped blush application.
Techniques for Applying Heart Shaped Blush
Use these simple techniques to perfectly apply heart shaped blush:
- Cream blush – Use clean fingers to dot on small amounts of cream blush. Pat and blend out toward hairline and cheeks.
- Powder blush – With a fluffy brush, sweep blush on cheeks in a heart shape. Soften edges by buffing color outward.
- Blending – Ensure there are no harsh lines around heart’s perimeter. Edges should fade into skin seamlessly.
- Highlighting – Finish with highlighting powder in the center of the heart shape for extra dimension.
See how I cleverly sculpt and define my heart shaped face with blush! Watch the video now for my easy blush application tips:
Achieving the Perfect Heart Shape
Placement is key for creating even, symmetrical heart shapes:
- Apple placement – Focus color on apple area of cheeks for rounded, doll-like hearts.
- Extended placement – Make an elongated heart shape by extending color up towards temples.
- Draw a light outline first with bronzer to perfect the shape.
- Check that both sides are even – adjust shape or intensity as needed.
Setting Heart Shaped Blush to Increase Longevity
Setting powder helps lock in heart blush color all day long:
- Apply with large fluffy brush across all areas with cream or powder blush.
- Translucent powder works best so it doesn’t alter blush tone.
- Avoid powder formulas that are too mattifying which could make blush disappear.
- Setting spray is another option to set makeup and keep heart blush vibrant.
Recap: Heart shaped blush is the perfect way to add a dose of romance to your makeup routine. Follow these tips on choosing the right blush shade and formula, prepping skin properly, mastering application techniques, and locking in the look. Soon you’ll be able to nail cute heart blush every time. Share your finished look on social media and spread the love!
Image credits: Blufashion.com
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2018. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.