Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- Remove Your Makeup Easily By Following These Simple Steps
- 1. Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser
- 2. Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
- 3. Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover
- 4. L’Oreal Clean Artiste Waterproof & Long Wearing Eye Makeup Remover
- 5. Alba Botanica Natural Even Advanced Sea Element Eye Makeup Remover
- 6. Dermablend Long Wear Makeup Remover
Remove Your Makeup Easily By Following These Simple Steps
The other day as I was walking home from running errands, I overheard two people behind me talking on what appeared to have been a first date. “I hate makeup!” yelled the girl, “I never want to wear it, the worst thing about it is it’s so hard to get off my face!” I had to laugh because, in my efforts to drown out the noise and have a few moments of quiet to myself, someone’s makeup drama had seemed to follow me all the way home. Literally. Now I have no idea what this girl uses or what she has tried in the past as far as removing makeup that hasn’t worked for her, but I can assure you that makeup removal should be as easy as Venmo-ing your best friend for the wine bill after a girls night out. So, here are my top recommendations on when and how to remove your makeup, that won’t leave you in a bad mood:
1. Use Makeup Wipes Before Bed Or Going To The Gym: Have you ever noticed applying face wash directly on the skin with makeup can become pretty messy?
One of the quickest ways to remove makeup is by using a wipe. This is an excellent way to get all your makeup off your face first, before doing a deep clean with your face wash, making the cleansing process much more effective. There will be plenty of times you’re not going to feel like removing your makeup, especially around 3 am when you’d rather devour that slice of pizza or just crawl into bed. Always remove your makeup before bed or working out. If you sleep with makeup on it will clog your pores and lead to breakouts, and the same goes for wearing makeup to the gym. Sweat mixed with makeup can irritate the skin immediately, and it’s imperative to let your skin breathe! Keep a pack of makeup wipes on your nightstand, and in your gym bag as friendly reminders to keep up the good habit.
2. Be Gentle On The Eyes: Eye makeup is always a little more involved than the rest, seeing as we layer multiple products. Eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, you name it, it’s a process to put on and a process to get off. One of the best ways to remove eye makeup is to soak a cotton pad with remover and press gently on the eyes for 20 seconds before lightly starting to remove. This softens up the product, giving it more mobility to come right off without a lot of poking and prodding. You might have to use a few cotton pads especially if you use waterproof mascaras and eyeliners. If you’re wearing a lipstick or stain that is hard to remove, use eye makeup remover on the lips as well, as it’s one of the quickest ways to take lip color off immediately.
See? That wasn’t so bad. Make it a habit to be consistent in removing your makeup on a daily basis, and your skin will remain bright and beautiful, just like you!
Makeup Removal Tutorial
<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>
6 Long Wear and Waterproof Makeup Removers That Really Work
There are times when you need long-lasting makeup and mascara and eyeliner that won’t run. But waterproof and long wear makeup is formulated to last, and that can make it very difficult to remove. And there’s another problem—with the removal of waterproof mascaras you need to take special care, or you’ll end up losing a lash or two.
Often waterproof eye makeup removers that actually work have a tendency to be oily and often leave a greasy film and residue. Here are six waterproof and long wear makeup remover for sensitive skin that get the job done in addition to having conditioning ingredients.
1. Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser
This oil-free eye makeup remover, specially formulated for regular and waterproof mascara, is billed as the first non-oily eye makeup remover capable of removing waterproof mascara.
It did remove eye makeup, including waterproof mascara, gel eyeliner, and even a semi-permanent liner.
The lash cleanser contains cornflower extract (which has astringent and softening properties) and silk proteins to strengthen weak and damaged lashes. It can also be used on the lips to dissolve long wear lipsticks and lip stains.
Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser (3.4 fl oz) is $25. For more information, visit Talika.com.
2. Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
This is a duo-phase remover that you shake to activate. It’s a bit oily however it doesn’t leave a greasy residue (in fact my lids felt so nice after wiping them, I didn’t want to rinse it off). It does break down also the most resistant mascara.
The remover is paraben-, alcohol- and fragrance-free and contains organic linen seed extract to calm sensitive skin around the eyes. It’s a bargain.
Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover has the suggested list price of $5.99.
3. Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover
Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover is formulated to remove every eye makeup, including waterproof. You shake the bottle to initiate the bi-phase formula before use.
The lipid side lifts off eye makeup, and the water phase has conditioning emollients to refresh and also condition skin without leaving a greasy residue.
It can be used on sensitive skin and by contact lens wearers.
Lancome B-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover (4.2 fl oz) is $27.
4. L’Oreal Clean Artiste Waterproof & Long Wearing Eye Makeup Remover
L’Oreal’s Clean Artiste Waterproof & Long Wearing Makeup Remover does adequately dissolve long wear foundations and waterproof mascaras, at a much cheaper price, but I find that I have to use a second application. It has an oily feel to it, leaving a residue that I needed to wipe off.
L’Oreal Clean Artiste Waterproof & Long Wearing Eye Makeup Remover has the suggested list price of $6.99.
5. Alba Botanica Natural Even Advanced Sea Element Eye Makeup Remover
Alba Botanica’s Natural Even Advanced Sea Element Eye Makeup Remover is another dual-phase liquid that removes waterproof mascara. It contains a marine complex with “nourishing lipids” to replenish and hydrate the delicate eye area. It is hypoallergenic, alcohol, oil and fragrance-free and is also formulated without parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate or sodium methyl sulfate.
Natural Even Advanced Sea Element Eye Makeup Remover (4 fl oz) is $7.95. For more information, visit AlbaBotanica.com.
6. Dermablend Long Wear Makeup Remover
Dermablend’s Long Wear Makeup Remover has a lightweight formula to remove long-wear, resistant makeup, and waterproof mascara, as well as long lasting lip color and foundation for the face and body.
It dissolves makeup so that you don’t have to do an excessive rubbing. It is formulated to especially work on the Dermablend foundations, many of which are meant for discolorations and are therefore designed to stay put.
It’s also fine for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers. (I prefer using an eye makeup remover for sensitive skin for resistant gel/liquid eyeliners and waterproof mascara and follow with this remover for the face).
Dermablend Long-Wear Makeup Remover (5 oz) is $22. For more information visit Dermablend.com.