Trying out a new makeup look can be daunting, especially when you’re unsure of what style suits you. However, trying something new can be a great way to boost your confidence and get you one step closer to nailing the ultimate look. Keep reading for 3 ways to find a makeup look that suits you and discover 5 easy tips to help get you there.
Watch makeup tutorials
There are millions of content creators offering fantastic makeup tips online. Just spending 10 minutes on Youtube and Instagram is enough to give you plenty of makeup tips and advice which you can then practice yourself at home. Heads up! If you’re a lens wearer, remember to remove your contact lenses before taking your makeup off to avoid damaging them.
Try makeup virtually
It’s now possible to try before you buy with virtual-reality technology. If you’re unsure exactly what makeup styles suit you, there are plenty of apps that let you play around with different colors and products and take you one step closer to discovering your next favorite eye or lip color.
Have a makeup lesson
Many beauty brands have consultants on hand to help you create your own look, and there are also plenty of other professional makeup artists out there who offer 1-hour lessons to help you master the basics. The best makeup artists will always work with you, asking lots of questions and listening to your answers. A professional makeup lesson can help you find your ultimate look that works with your day-to-day schedule as well.
5 quick tips for applying makeup
- Cleanse your skin first using a delicate and light cleanser to guarantee your makeup is applied evenly and stays put all day.
- Moisturize to brighten and soften your skin. Using a moisturizer with SPF helps to moisturize the skin and also protect it from sun damage.
- Shape and maintain your eyebrows with tweezers so they frame your face well and use a spoolie brush to groom them before applying makeup.
- Exfoliate your lips before applying lipstick to get rid of any dry skin. Remember, lip scrubs should only be used once a week at most.
- Choose a formula that suits your skin’s specific needs. For example, if you have oily skin, choose a matte long-wear foundation for a long-lasting grease-free look.
Assembling a good makeup tool kit can be challenging but it’s worth the effort. That’s why it pays dividends to try a variety of different styles and looks so you can truly narrow down what looks good on you. With these 3 ways to find a makeup look that suits you and 5 quick tips for applying makeup, you can be sure you master your next best makeup look in no time.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website's content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra's expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.