We all dream to look the best in our daily life. It takes a lot of time to get ready and look fabulous. You need to follow your skincare routine religiously and may still not see much difference. If you don’t want to spend hours and hours on makeup and getting ready, also you want to look good without applying any makeup, and naturally, then permanent makeup is the solution for you. This technique is getting popular day by day, from media celebrities to working professionals, and it is attracting everyone. In this article, we will discuss different types of permanent makeup, its advantages, aftercare, maintenance, and lots of important information which you must know.
Permanent makeup, also referred to as cosmetic tattooing or micro-pigmentation, is a revolutionary method that entails the infusion of pigments into the dermal layer of the skin, aiming to enhance specific facial features. This technique offers a durable solution for individuals seeking to elevate their eyebrows, accentuate their eyes through eyeliner, or infuse color into their lips. Unlike conventional makeup, which necessitates daily application and periodic touch-ups, permanent makeup affords you the luxury of a flawless appearance that endures for an extended period.
1. Time-saving: With permanent makeup, you can say goodbye to the daily ritual of applying and removing makeup. Imagine waking up with perfectly shaped eyebrows, defined eyes, and luscious lips without lifting a finger.
2. Enhanced natural features: Permanent makeup allows you to enhance your natural beauty. Whether you want to add symmetry to your eyebrows or give your lips a fuller appearance, the technique can accentuate your best features and boost your confidence.
3. Convenience: Whether you’re swimming, exercising, or simply going about your daily activities, permanent makeup stays put. You don’t have to worry about smudging or fading throughout the day.
4. Hide imperfections: Permanent makeup can help hide imperfections such as scars, uneven pigmentation, or hair loss due to conditions like alopecia. It provides a natural-looking solution to enhance your appearance.
1. Eyebrow microblading: Eyebrow microblading is a highly popular technique for achieving natural-looking and perfectly shaped eyebrows. It involves using a specialized tool to create fine, hair-like strokes in the brow area. The pigment is carefully deposited into the skin, mimicking the appearance of real eyebrow hair. Microblading is ideal for individuals with sparse or thin eyebrows or those who want to redefine the shape of their brows. The result is fuller, more defined eyebrows that frame the face beautifully.
2. Eyeliner tattooing: If you’re tired of applying eyeliner every day or struggle with smudged lines, eyeliner tattooing offers a convenient solution. This technique involves depositing pigment along the lash line to create a defined and enhanced look. You can choose between a subtle, natural-looking line or a more dramatic winged eyeliner style. Eyeliner tattooing saves you time and effort while ensuring your eyes look beautifully defined at all times.
3. Lip blush tattooing: Lip blush tattooing is an excellent option for adding color, definition, and volume to your lips. This technique involves depositing pigments into the lips to create a soft, natural-looking tint. It can help correct asymmetry, add fullness, and enhance the overall appearance of your lips. Lip blush can be customized as per your choice. You can choose your favourite shade and you don’t have to apply lipstick anymore.
If you have made a decision to do permanent makeup, you need to choose the right permanent makeup artist. This is the most essential step and the first step towards perfecting your appearance.
1. Experience and qualifications: Look for an artist with extensive experience and proper training in permanent makeup techniques. While choosing a skilled, experienced artist, you need to look for someone who has professional certification and qualifications. Otherwise, it can become your worst nightmare. You can find the best microblading artist in Toronto on bestmicrobladingtoronto.com.
2. Portfolio and client reviews: You should search for the portfolio of the artist. The testimonials from previous clients are also very helpful. You should look for the previous work, and how they made the eyebrow natural looking. These are very crucial steps.
3. Hygiene and safety practices: Prioritize artists who prioritize hygiene and safety. Ensure that they use sterile equipment and disposable needles, and adhere to strict sanitation protocols. You really would not want to get infected after the procedure. So, you need to make sure that they follow proper hygiene.
4. Consultation and communication: Before starting the procedure, you should book an appointment with the artist. During these consultation hours, you should ask for whatever queries you have related to the process. Be vocal about your desired outlook and also discuss which design will go with your facial structure. Communication is the key here.
Before undergoing a permanent makeup procedure, there are a few important steps to follow to ensure the best results and a smooth experience. Here’s how to prepare for your permanent makeup session:
1. Research and consultation: Start by researching different permanent makeup techniques and styles to determine what suits your preferences. Look for inspirational photos and examples to show your artist during the consultation. Schedule a consultation with your chosen artist to discuss your goals, concerns, and desired outcome.
2. Avoid blood-thinning substances: It is recommended that you should avoid drinking alcohol and blood-thinning medications. There might be a chance of bleeding and it might affect the pigment absorption.
3. Patch test: Some individuals may have sensitivities or allergies to certain pigments. Request a patch test from your artist to check for any adverse reactions. This involves applying a small amount of pigment to a small area of your skin and monitoring it for any signs of irritation or allergies.
4. Avoid tanning: It’s crucial to avoid excessive sun exposure or tanning beds before your permanent makeup procedure. Sunburned or tanned skin can affect color absorption and result in an uneven outcome. You can use sun protection such as sunscreen cream with a minimum SPF 30.
Now, let’s dive into what you can expect during a typical permanent makeup procedure:
1. Consultation and design: At the beginning of the session, your artist will review your desired outcome and discuss the design and color options. They will take into account your facial features, skin tone, and personal preferences to create a customized plan for your permanent makeup.
2. Numbing: To minimize discomfort during the procedure, a topical numbing cream or gel will be applied to the treated area. This helps to ensure a more comfortable experience.
3. Pigment selection: Your artist will select the appropriate pigment colors based on your skin tone, hair color, and desired outcome. They will work with you to choose shades that enhance your natural features and achieve your desired look.
4. Application: Using specialized needles or microblading tools, the artist will begin the application process. For microblading, individual hair-like strokes will be created, while for eyeliner or lip blush, precise lines or shading will be implemented. Throughout the procedure, your artist will ensure your comfort and make any necessary adjustments to achieve symmetry and the desired results.
5. Post-care instructions: Once the permanent makeup application is complete, your artist will provide detailed post-care instructions. These instructions typically involve avoiding water, excessive sweating, sunlight, and makeup on the treated area for a specified period. Following these instructions diligently is crucial to promote proper healing and long-lasting results.
Aftercare plays a vital role in the healing process and the longevity of your permanent makeup. You need to follow some aftercare routines:
1. Keep the treated area clean: Gently clean the treated area with a mild, non-scented cleanser and water. Pat dry with a clean towel or tissue. Avoid rubbing or scratching the area.
2. Apply prescribed ointment: Your artist may recommend applying a specialized ointment to the treated area to keep it moisturized and aid in the healing process. Follow their instructions on how frequently to apply the ointment and for how long.
3. Avoid direct water exposure: For the first few days after the procedure, avoid exposing the treated area to direct water. This includes swimming, saunas, steam rooms, and excessive sweating. Water can disrupt the healing process and affect pigment retention.
4. Avoid makeup and harsh chemical skincare products: You must avoid applying makeup to the procedure area while it is healing. It can irritate the skin and may also cause infection.
5. Protect from sun exposure: Shield the treated area from direct sunlight and tanning beds. Ultraviolet rays can fade the pigments and affect the overall longevity of your permanent makeup. Apply sunscreen with a high SPF to the treated area when exposed to the sun.
6. Avoid picking or scratching: It’s natural for the treated area to scab or flake during the healing process. However, resist the urge to pick or scratch as this can disrupt the healing and potentially remove the pigment.
7. Follow-up appointments: Depending on the technique and the desired outcome, you may require one or more follow-up appointments. These appointments allow your artist to assess the healing process, make any necessary touch-ups, and ensure your satisfaction with the final results.
While permanent makeup is generally safe, it’s essential to be aware of potential risks and take necessary precautions. Here are some safety considerations:
1. Choose a reputable artist and facility: Select an artist who operates in a clean and professional environment. Ensure they use sterile equipment, disposable needles, and follow strict hygiene protocols. Choosing a reputable artist minimizes the risk of infections and complications.
2. Allergic reactions: Although rare, some individuals may experience allergic reactions to the pigments used in permanent makeup. A patch test prior to the procedure can help identify any potential allergies.
3. Infection: Proper aftercare is crucial to minimize the risk of infection. Follow the post-care instructions provided by your artist, keep the treated area clean, and avoid exposing it to unclean environments.
4. Unwanted results: It’s essential to communicate openly with your artist during the consultation to ensure your desired outcome is understood. While skilled artists strive to deliver excellent results, there is a possibility of minor variations in color, symmetry, or shape. This is why follow-up appointments are important to address any necessary adjustments.
In conclusion, permanent makeup offers a transformative solution to revolutionize your daily routine. With techniques such as microblading, eyeliner tattooing, and lip blush tattooing, you can enhance your natural features and wake up looking effortlessly flawless every day. By selecting a skilled artist, and following proper preparation and aftercare guidelines, it will be long-lasting.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website's content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra's expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.