The perfect nude lipstick is a beauty staple that everyone should have. Find the best nude lipstick for your skin tone.
A lot of people say that finding the perfect red lipstick is a challenge, but finding the right nude lipstick can be just as hard. It’ll really be obvious if you’re wearing the wrong shade. It can completely wash you out. If you choose a thick, opaque formula, you can look like you’re dressing up like a Twiggy impersonator. Sometimes it can look like you have no lips, which is the opposite problem of too light bleached brows. There are lots of ways to go wrong, but when you find the perfect nude lipstick for your skin tone, it will become a staple in your makeup bag, so it’s worth trying a bunch until you find “the one.”
Check out 18 flattering nude lipsticks for different skin tones:
1. Matte Crème Lip Crayon In Amaretto ($24, Bite Beauty)
This long-wearing lip crayon has a peachy undertone that will add warmth to your skin.
2. Mega Shield Lip Color SPF 15 In Birthday Suit ($2.24, Wet N Wild)
Of course, a color called “Birthday Suit” would be a flattering nude. The pinkish tinge won’t wash you out.
3. Cremesheen + Pearl Lipstick In Peach Blossom ($16, MAC)
This peach lipstick has a subtle shimmer (read: not glittery) finish that will enhance your pout.
4. Queen Collection Lip Color In Nude Attitude ($6.74, COVERGIRL)
If you have medium to dark skin, check out the COVERGIRL Queen Collection. The shades are designed to flatter your skin tone.
5. Hydra-Smooth Lip Color In Wing Woman ($19, Benefit Cosmetics)
This nourishing lip color is perfect for medium to dark skin tones. Plus, take a look at that cute packaging.
6. Le Rouge In 107 Beige Caraco ($36, Givenchy)
Inside this gorgeous packaging is a peachy beige lip color that works well on light to medium skin.
7. Mineral Lipstick In Rosy Tan ($5, e.l.f.)
There are many great things about this inexpensive lipstick: 1. It’s the right blend of pink and brown. 2. It’s mineral-based and doesn’t contain any preservatives or chemical dyes.
8. Full Bodied Lipstick In Nudist ($21, Buxom)
You don’t need a red lipstick to make your lips look bigger. This beige lippy has a gentle plumping effect to give you fuller lips, without fillers.
9. ColorSensational Color In Nearly There 205 ($7.29, Maybelline)
You don’t need a bronzer for a luminous complexion. This rosy-hued neutral will liven up your face.
10. Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick In Insatiable Ivory ($21, Estée Lauder)
Don’t let the name fool you, this lipstick is actually soft brown rather than a very fair ivory.
11. Lipstick In Look At Me! ($2.99, Essence)
Do you find neutral lipsticks, a bit too, well, natural? This wallet-friendly lippy has an extra glossy shine, to give you the oomph you need.
12. Different Lipstick In Double Fudge ($16, Clinique)
If you have a darker complexion and want to try a lipstick a few shades darker than your lip color, this deliciously named shade is a good option.
13. Americana Natural Lip Color Pencil In Essex ($23, Ardency Inn)
Look no further than Ardency Inn‘s Americana Natural Lip Color range for the best nude lip color. There is a shade to flatter every skin tone, and the thick pencil is easy to apply.
14. Read My Lips Lipstick In Classified ($17, TheBalm)
You’ll love this sheer neutral lipstick as much as the adorable packaging.
15. Lip Color In Salmon ($26, Bobbi Brown)
Bobbi Brown is known for creating ultra-flattering makeup shades. This soft peach lipstick is no exception. It would look great on pale girls.
16. Sheer Temptation Lipstick In Attract ($9.99, No7)
If you’re worried about your nude lip color looking chalky, this sheer formula is great. It has just the right amount of gloss to enhance your complexion.
17. Lip Color In Nude Vanille ($50, Tom Ford)
If you want to splurge on a wear-forever nude lipstick, Tom Ford has a range of neutrals that for all skin colors.
18. Matte Lipstick In Nude Attitude ($7.99, Revlon)
You can still wear a matte nude lipstick without looking like you’re dressing up as a 60s mod. Make sure you select a shade with a peach or pink tone, rather than stark ivory.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.