Dyeing your eyebrows blonde is a simple way to match bleached or colored blonde hair. This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know about using blonde eyebrow dye at home.
In This Article
What is Blonde Eyebrow Dye?
Blonde eyebrow dye is a product used to intentionally lighten brow hairs. It typically comes in easy-to-use kits that include a bleaching cream and developer formula. When mixed and applied to eyebrows, the dye removes underlying pigment and fades the hairs to a lighter blonde shade.
Unlike permanent hair dye, blonde brow tints do not penetrate the hair shaft so the color only lasts 4-6 weeks as hair grows out. This makes it a great temporary option for trying a lighter brow look.
Benefits of Dyeing Your Eyebrows Blonde
There are many advantages to using an at-home blonde dye on your eyebrows:
- Seamlessly matches bleached, platinum, or grey blonde hair
- Lets you experiment with the trendy bleached brow look
- Makes sparse, over-tweezed, or thinning brows appear fuller
- Softens harsh, dark eyebrows for a more delicate appearance
- Allows you to preview a blonde brow color before making a drastic change
- More affordable and convenient than professional salon bleaching
How to Choose the Best Blonde Brow Dye Kit
When picking an at-home blonde eyebrow dye kit, keep these tips in mind:
- Check reviews – Read feedback on longevity, gentleness, and color results.
- Consider color – Pick a tint 1-2 shades lighter than your natural brow color.
- Choose longevity – Semi-permanent kits last 3-6 weeks. Temporary ones fade in under a week.
- Watch the ingredients – Avoid dyes with harsh chemicals like ammonia.
- Compare formats – Kits come pre-mixed or as developer creams. The latter allows custom blending.
Some top-rated blonde brow dye kits include:
- RefectoCil Lightening Kits
- JFM Magic Lighter Brow Kit
- L’Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Blonde
- Godefroy Brow Lift Kit in Blonde
Step-by-Step Guide to Dyeing Eyebrows Blonde
Follow these steps to properly dye your eyebrows an at-home blonde shade:
1. Patch Test
Apply a small amount of dye to your arm 1-2 days prior to use. Check for any skin irritation.
2. Prepare Your Brows
Clean brows with soap and water to remove any oils or product residue.
3. Mix the Dye
For double process kits, combine the bleaching cream and developer according to instructions.
4. Apply the Blonde Dye
Use an angled brush to coat brow hairs from root to tip, avoiding contact with your skin.
5. Process the Dye
Leave on for 15-30 minutes depending on the kit directions.
6. Rinse Thoroughly
Use a damp washcloth to remove all dye pigment from brows.
7. Dry and Style as Usual
Pat dry, then apply brow gel or powder to finish your fresh blonde brows.
8. Maintain Your Blonde Brows
Use a tinted brow gel to keep color vibrant between dye sessions. Re-dye new regrowth only when needed.
How Long Does Blonde Brow Dye Last?
With proper application, a blonde eyebrow dye can last 3-6 weeks on average. The color will gradually fade as the tinted hair grows out. Avoid washing brows excessively or using oily products to extend the longevity. Re-dye as soon as you notice significant regrowth.
Can You Use Blonde Hair Dye on Eyebrows?
It’s best to avoid using permanent hair dye on your eyebrows as the harsh ammonia can damage the tender facial skin. Instead, use a specialty beard dye made for sensitively coloring coarse facial hairs if you want longer-lasting color. Always patch test before applying.
Tips for Making Blonde Eyebrows Look Natural
When trying to get an understated, natural-looking blonde brow, keep these makeup tips in mind:
- Use an ash taupe brow powder to fill in sparse areas with hair-like strokes.
- Opt for a blonde or taupe eyebrow pencil just slightly darker than your dyed shade to define the arches and tails.
- Conceal any discoloration or errors with a skin-matched concealer.
- Set brows in place with a clear or tinted blond brow gel.
- Avoid going too light or warm with brow products meant for platinum blondes.
- Add depth back in with eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara.
Blonde Eyebrow Dye Before and After!
How to Maintain Dyed Blonde Eyebrows
Follow these aftercare tips to keep your tinted blonde brows looking their best:
- Avoid rubbing or touching brows to minimize smudging while the color develops.
- Use a waterproof tinted brow gel daily to set hairs in place.
- Apply a brow strengthening serum or conditioner nightly.
- Re-dye only new regrowth instead of the entire brow.
- Trim any uneven hairs as the dye fades over time.
Is Blonde Eyebrow Dye Worth It?
For those with naturally dark brows looking to go blonde, a brow lightening kit is definitely worth trying. The process is relatively affordable, low-commitment, and easy to do at home. When done properly, blonde brow dye can make a dramatic difference in your overall look.
However, keep in mind results only last 1-2 months. If you want permanently bleached brows, professional salon bleaching may be the better option. For a temporary color change, stick to simple drugstore dyes to see if blonde brows are for you!
Hopefully this guide covers everything you need to know about dyeing your eyebrows blonde safely and effectively. Have you tried using an at-home brow lightener kit before? Feel free to share your experiences and blonde brow tips below!
Popular Eyebrow Dye Brands for Blonde Hair
Expert Makeup Tips for Blonde Eyebrows
Use taupe, ash blonde, or soft brown eyebrow pencils and powders when styling blonde brows. Fill in sparsely and define tails. Highlight arches with concealer. Set with clear brow gel for a natural blonde look.
Get flawless blonde brows! Watch this YouTube tutorial for pro tips on achieving the perfect bleached brow.
See stunning before and after photos proving salon eyebrow dye is completely worth it. The intensive tint creates natural-looking blonde brows that last.
With proper at-home application, blonde eyebrow tints let you achieve stylish bleached brows or match blonde hair.
Did you find this article useful? Share your own before and after eyebrow dyeing experience in the comments! We’d love to hear your tips and results.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2018. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.