It is finally spring! And the best way to celebrate spring is by changing up your signature lipstick. Winter is great for dark purples and reds, but now that it’s warming up a bit, you might want to try a bright orange. I know it sounds weird, but orange can make you feel bright and sunny and warm, and it will go great with your spring wardrobe. They’re also surprisingly flattering, and there’s an orange for every skin tone. Here are 14 of the best to choose from.
(Related: Real Sephora Employees Crown The Best Lipsticks)
1. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Tangerine
This is a heavy, creamy, long-wearing lipstick in a bright, orangey shade that’s a perfect way to switch from your classic red for spring.
2. Bare Minerals Pop of Passion lip balm in Tangerine Pop
A lip balm is the perfect semi-sheer way to keep your lips looking soft during the spring, and this one gives a stylish orange tint that will make you look dewy and refreshed, and fashionable all at the same time.
3. Hourglass Opaque Rouge Red Lipstick in Riviera
This coral orange looks excellent on so many skin tones.
4. Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Timanfaya
I love a lip pencil, and these satin ones have a great finish. The color is a bold, true orange.
5. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Liquid Lipstick in Orange Tempo
This liquid lipstick glides on smoothly and has a bright, shiny, highly pigmented finish.
6. Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in In Love With Ginger
This shade is an excellent orange/red that will make you feel right at home if you’re used to a red lip.
7. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge Lipcolor in Charismatic Coral
This is a perfect pinky-orange, just like what I’ve been seeing around Europe a lot lately since the weather started warming up. It also has a nice, moisturizing base that will help keep your lips from getting gross and flaky.
8. Maybelline ColorSensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick in Coral Burst
If you want something bright and fresh looking for spring but do not want to go with a full-on statement lip, this orangey-pink is a nice neutral that will just make you look sunny and refreshed and not too painted.
9. Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in A-Go-Go
This matte neon orange is a cult fave for a reason. It’s very bright, very orange, and looks good on basically everyone.
10. Buxom Full-Bodied Lipstick in Rogue
This fiery coral is moisturizing like a lip balm but has a bright, intense color that’s nicely pigmented. This shade looks spectacular on darker skin tones.
11. Bobbi Brown Matte Lip Color in Jenna
This bold reddish-orange is a perfect red carpet color if you’re planning on being on a red carpet anytime soon, which you should be.
12. Nonie Creme Color Prevails Classic Lip Duo in Orange Red
This bright orange/red duo comes with both lipstick and lip gloss. Wear them separately or together, and all are going to be awesome. The color is absolutely perfect for spring.
13. Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl Lipstick in Abstract Orange
This is an interesting shade. On lighter skin, it’s a bright, summery pop of color. On darker skin, it’s a sheer, coral-tinged neutral. Either way, it’s very pretty.
14. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
This is absolutely perfect for summer if you’re looking for a semi-pigmented look that moisturizes like a lip balm but looks like a soft, moist stain. It’s perfectly flattering on almost everybody and will look especially good with freckles.