If you have been going back and forth on whether or not to dye your hair pink, or any other fun color, do it right now. Rainbow hair is officially the most significant trend of the summer. Whether you’re using dye like badass Raven Symone or rocking a wig like Cara Delevingne and Rihanna. Bright hair will make your whole season feel cooler and more fun. If you don’t do it now, you’ll wish you had. And you should really just jump in and do it.
Here are 24 reasons to dye your hair pink right now.
- It’s so fashionable right now
- You’ve always wanted to
- Your mom wouldn’t let you, and now you’re a grown-up
- You don’t have a dress code
- Life is short
- You’re under 30, or 40, or 50: If you’ve been worrying that this look is only for young people, you should try it as soon as possible. You’re never going to be younger than you are right now.
- Lady Gaga does not actually own the patent on colorful hair
- It’s temporary
- Hair grows
- You can always dye over it
- Or try out that short haircut you’ve been thinking about
- It’s not weird anymore
- But it’s still not normal
- It looks totally badass
- Or sweet like a princess
- It goes great with black
- All your hairstyles will look cooler
- Because Frenchy shouldn’t have flunked out of beauty school
- Pink hair, don’t care
- It even looks good as it fades or grows out
- Everything is more fun. Going to a bar? Boring. Going to a bar with pink hair? Awesome.
- Because you will look like Jem
- You can just dye the ends
- Everyone will want to talk to you about it
Women’s Hairstyles Expert, Contributing Editor
Born with a blow dryer in hand into a family of hairdressers. Amy consults for leading beauty brands and has trained personnel at cosmetic salons. Her repertoire of editorial work includes brands like Salon Today, Hairstyle Guide Magazine, and New Beauty.