Let’s explore the Bixie haircut trend. The Bixie hairstyle has a lot of versatility and can be styled in a number of ways. So if you’re considering getting a Bixie haircut, read on to find out how to choose your new hairstyle.
Bixie haircuts are easy to maintain and don’t require much styling, so they’re great for people who don’t have time to spend on their hair.
The perfect Bixie haircut is different for everyone. The best way to find out if this haircut is right for you is to discuss it with your stylist.
What is a Bixie Haircut?
Essentially, a Bixie is somewhere between a pixie haircut and a bob. Imagine a longer, grown-out pixie haircut that still isn’t long enough to be called a bob. Usually very layered and shaggy looking, so it can be very versatile in the looks you can achieve with it.
This haircut has been around for a while, but it has seen a resurgence and looks to be very popular in 2023.
How to Get The Perfect Bixie Haircut
First, you need to find a hairstylist you trust, especially if you’re having a big change. Maybe you already trust your current stylist to do it, but if not, I recommend using Instagram to check out salons near you and see what type of work they are posting. If you like the look of a place and the work they’ve already done, book a consultation.
Hairdressers are visual artists, so reference pictures are GREAT! Find some photos of haircuts you like, and be prepared to pinpoint what it is you like about them, so you can discuss what will translate to your own hair.
There are many variations of this hairstyle, so be prepared to talk about length, fringe or no fringe, how you’ll style it, how your hair behaves naturally, etc. Any reputable stylist will be honest with you and let you know if what you want and what you can achieve are too different, but you should ultimately try to work with you to give you a haircut that works for your hair type, face shape, styling needs, etc.
Everything You Need To Know About The Bixie Trend
A lot of beauty trends come and go, but this is one that is so versatile that it never really goes away. The pandemic has forced lots of people into situations where they didn’t have to spend time focusing on how they looked, and as a result, people are less prepared now to spend loads of time blow-drying or styling, etc.
This hairstyle is popular for many reasons, but mostly because it’s flattering and versatile and can be adapted to suit all hair types and textures, different face shapes, and different styling needs.
Short Hair Trends of 2023
Many women are choosing to cut their hair short because it can be styled very quickly to save time.
If you’re thinking about having a hair change, here are some ideas to consider.
- Pixie cut
- Jawline skimming 20’s bob
- Short with fringe
- Blunt one-length bob
- Play with an undercut
- Textured shaggy bob
- “LOB” shoulder-skimming bob
- Curtain bangs to ease you in
What Should I Consider Before Getting a Bixie?
There are many factors to consider before making your new hair decision.
One of the most important things to consider is your comfort level with this style. If you are not sure, possibly afraid to cut off a lot of hair in one chop, try going shorter over a period of two or three haircuts.
- Advantages of a Bixie haircut: Shorter styling time; styling variations; easy to grow out and switch up if you don’t want to keep it.
- Disadvantages: Cannot tie up; usually daily washing to style and/or counteract ‘bedhead’; some girls feel too masculine with short hair.
It is important to keep these factors in mind before you decide on your new style.
How to Maintain Your Bixie Haircut
- Shorter hairstyles need more frequent haircuts to keep your style maintained. If you want to keep your hair at a manageable length, you’ll need to think about having a haircut every six to eight weeks. The frequency will depend on how quickly your hair grows and how much you enjoy the growing-out period.
- Consider wearing a hair wrap to bed if you want to prevent a crazy bedhead. It only takes a few seconds, and it could save you precious time if you can’t wash it.
- Select styling products that will help you get the most out of your new haircut. Your stylist should recommend what will work for you.
- You should wash your hair as frequently as you feel it is needed. This will keep your scalp clean and healthy and prevent sebum and product residue build-up in your hair.
- Don’t be afraid to change up the styling. Be inspired by others with similar haircuts, be it a different product, using a heat tool, or even just changing the part line.
Haircuts are a brilliant way to let people see who you are, what you think, and how you feel – it reflects your personality. The Bixie haircut breaks all the rules. It’s fun, it’s fashionable, and it makes a statement. Now all you have to do is make a hair appointment!