This super-easy and pretty hairstyle looks so simple, but it’s still chic enough for everyday wear. It works on all hair textures, but if you want a more polished look, you can straighten your hair first. It also works on any hair that is at least shoulder length. If you want to change up your ordinary ponytail and try this pretty, twisted, low one, follow the steps below:
1. Take a piece of hair from the front on the side of your head, and divide it into two parts.
2. Cross the lower strand over the upper strand.
3. Take a piece of hair next to the lower strand. Add it to the lower strand.
4. Cross them both over the upper strand.
5. Continue the same way all the way down to the nape of the neck. When you reach the nape of the neck, twist the hair that you are holding a couple of times around itself, a temporary rope braid so the hair doesn’t unravel while you do the other side. Secure it temporarily with an elastic.
6. Do the same on the other side, then join the two sides together in the back and secure with the elastic you used to temporarily secure the first side.
7. Take a piece of hair, wrap it around the elastic to hide it, and secure it with a bobby pin.
Finished! Now you have a fabulously twisted low ponytail! And there you have it – a simple and elegant twisted ponytail! For a more detailed tutorial, you can check out the Youtube video.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website's content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra's expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.