Burgundy is a very unique and versatile hair color that looks feminine and trendy. It’s suitable for all ladies, giving you a youthful look. Dyeing your 613 blonde lace wig from its original blonde or brunette color to achieve a red wine shade is not that hard.
Below are the various ways of how to dye your hair burgundy, depending on your hair color.
How to Dye Your Hair Burgundy
Burgundy for blonde wigs
If you happen to have a 613 wig, then all you need to do is to use a box hair color to change your hair from blonde to any hair color you want and burgundy hair color is what popular in 2020.
There are usually some dyes that specifically give out burgundy results for blonde hair color. However, there are other alternatives in case you fail to find the blonde to burgundy dye. The shade of your final burgundy dye will depend on your base color pick of either basic brown or red base.
Things You Need
- Burgundy hair dye
- Burgundy Base Color (Red or brown)
- Carefully read through the manual instructions on the base color box that you want to use.
- Wear gloves and apply the dye on your hair using a brush.
- Leave the dye on the hair for the stipulated amount of time, then wash your hair.
- The next step is Skin conditioning.
- After the hair dries off, again follow the instructions on the box and apply the burgundy on your base colored hair having either red/brown color.
- Let the burgundy stay on your hair as per the instructed amount of time and then finally shampoo and condition it.
Burgundy for Light Brunette
For those who have brown hair, changing to burgundy is usually a walk in the park. The dyeing process will be as easy as applying color on your hair.
- Wear your gloves and apply dye on your dry hair using a brush. Carefully ready the dye guideline for specifics.
- Leave the dye on your hair as per the specified amount of time.
- Finally, rinse off the dye, then shampoo and condition your hair.
Burgundy for Dark Brunette
For those of you who have darker brunette shade, going burgundy might be a little bit harder. Chances are, the final color you will get after dying will be brown and not burgundy.
For effective results, always bleach your dark brunette tone till it gets to a red or brown shade to reach the full burgundy shade. It’s worth pointing out that hair bleaching, in the long run, is usually harmful to your hair and may also cause hair damage.
Things You Need
- Burgundy hair dye
- 30 volume developer
- Hair bleach powder
- Wearing gloves, mixing one-part bleach and two parts developer, and brushing to get a consistent mixture. You should avoid washing your hair for the next two days after bleaching to make sure they work well.
- Apply the bleach on hair and let it stay for 10-15 minutes until it turns into a brown color. Reminding that the coloring effect might take longer if you often apply henna on your hair.
- Wash the hair when time over and let it dye. If possible, deep conditioning the hair before coloring one day ahead.
- Follow the guidelines on the burgundy dye box and then apply it on your dry hair. Let it stay for a specific time.
- Finally, rinse off your hair and then shampoo and condition it.
I hope this article provides you with adequate tips that will help you dye your natural hair/ human hair lace wig to perfect burgundy hair color that never out of fashion.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.