The world of aesthetic medicine offers several types of dermal fillers to rejuvenate and enhance the skin of a patient. Namely, you might come across poly-L-lactic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, and hyaluronic acid fillers.
Below, you will find detailed information on hyaluronic acid fillers. So, how about checking out their main benefits right away?
What Are Hyaluronic Acid Fillers?
Above anything else, let us shortly discuss the definition, peculiarities, and main brands of hyaluronic acid fillers.
Definition of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Dermal fillers based on hyaluronic acid belong to the most popular cosmetic injectables these days. They help thousands of people worldwide prolong their youthful appearance for as long as they want.
As their name suggests, the main active substance of hyaluronic acid fillers is hyaluronic acid (HA). In most cases, it is a synthetic substitution of a naturally-occurring substance that might be found in human skin, eyes, and joints.
The role hyaluronic acid plays in the human body is very important. Namely, it is a substance with strong moisturizing properties. Therefore, HA is responsible for keeping the skin smooth, shining, and well-hydrated.
Peculiarities of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
It is essential to mention that dermal filler solutions based on hyaluronic acid have the following peculiarities:
- Similar to other dermal fillers (namely, poly-L-lactic or calcium hydroxyapatite ones), they are intended for professional use. Therefore, only a certified facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or cosmetologist is eligible to inject them beneath a patient’s skin;
- Dermal filler injections that employ hyaluronic acid belong to minimally invasive procedures. Thus, they do not require any special preparation, after-treatment requirements, or recovery time (in most cases, they might even be performed over a lunch break of a patient);
- Apart from taking care of the first signs of aging (such as fine lines, folds, or wrinkles), HA dermal fillers are also capable of accelerating natural collagen production. This way, they enhance the natural beauty of a patient and nurture their skin “from within.”
Dermal fillers based on hyaluronic acid are usually considered to be the ones that ensure the most natural-looking results. In other words, they will ensure a patient with a natural look unless too much dermal filler is injected.
Main Brands of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
The main brands of dermal fillers that employ hyaluronic acid as their main ingredient are the following ones:
- Belotero. It is a brand of dermal fillers manufactured by Merz Aesthetics. The product line of Belotero includes a great selection of dermal fillers, such as Belotero Balance, Belotero Hydro, Belotero Intense, Belotero Lips, Belotero Revive, Belotero Soft, Belotero Volume, and many more.
- Juvederm. While being manufactured by Allergan, the Juvederm brand also has a broad product range, which includes the 3-D Matrix and Vycross lines. You can buy Juvederm online and among the most popular Juvederms are Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Volbella, Juvederm Vollure, Juvederm Voluma at Ogomed.
- Restylane. It is a brand of dermal fillers manufactured by Q-Med (Galderma). The main products in Restylane’s portfolio are Restylane (a basic version), Restylane Contour, Restylane Defyne, Restylane Kysse, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Silk, Restylane SUBQ, Restylane Volyme, and others.
All the above-mentioned dermal filler treatments employ HA of the highest quality. Therefore, each of them is expected to ensure a patient with amazing results, especially when it comes to the reduction of such common signs of aging as fine lines and wrinkles.
What Are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers with Hyaluronic Acid?
Now, let us move on and discuss the benefits of dermal fillers based on hyaluronic acid. Here is the list of the top 5 ones.
#1. Strong Effectiveness
Receiving dermal fillers based on HA usually provides a patient with strong effectiveness. The treatment is used to substantially rejuvenate and enhance the skin by taking care of the following age-related issues:
- Fine lines and wrinkles (for instance, nasolabial folds, crow’s feet, and marionette lines);
- Sagging skin;
- Lack of skin volume;
- Decreased facial fat;
- Facial asymmetry;
- Thinning lips.
In other words, the dermal filler treatment based on hyaluronic acid efficiently helps a patient to reverse common signs of aging and, as a result, acquire attractive and youthful skin. Moreover, many patients claim to feel younger and prettier after the procedure.
#2. Exceptional Safety
Unlike plastic surgery procedures, injections of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are exceptionally safe. When being performed by a professional healthcare provider, they create smoother and tighter skin without carrying any serious risks or adverse reactions.
A patient is expected to feel slight swelling, itching, or redness around the site of the injections. However, these symptoms tend to disappear on their own in just a couple of days after the procedure and do not require any medical supervision.
#3. Immediate & Long-Lasting Results
In most cases, an injection of a dermal filler based on hyaluronic acid provides a patient with immediate results. Right after being administered beneath a patient’s skin, it attracts water to it and, therefore, visibly reduces the signs of aging.
Moreover, the acquired results tend to last for a substantial time period. Depending on many factors related to each individual patient (such as their skin type, age, or lifestyle), they might last from several months to a couple of years. Quite impressive for an almost non-invasive procedure, right?
Direct sun exposure might substantially shorten the duration of the results of HA dermal fillers. Thus, make sure to always protect your skin with the help of a special sunscreen cream.
#4. Full Reversibility
A great benefit of dermal fillers based on HA is that their results are fully reversible. Just in case a patient decides to get rid of hyaluronic acid beneath their skin, they can either wait till it dissolves on its own or use hyaluronidase (a special substance that destroys HA molecules).
Moreover, it is also worth mentioning that the condition of the skin does not get worth after the injected HA filler is dissolved. Otherwise, it either returns to its pre-injection state or even becomes better (due to the fact that the skin begins to produce its own collagen under the influence of HA).
#5. Pain-Free Injection
Last but not least, the injection of hyaluronic acid fillers is almost pain-free. While being almost non-invasive, the procedure employs an exceptionally fine gauge needle that should be barely felt by a patient.
Furthermore, a great number of HA dermal fillers include prefilled lidocaine in their composition. It is a local anesthetic that aims to reduce the feeling of discomfort a patient might feel during the procedure.
To minimize the level of pain a patient might feel during the procedure even more, a healthcare provider might apply a topical numbing cream to the skin around the intended injection site.
To Sum Up
All in all, hyaluronic acid fillers are exceptionally advantageous. They effectively restore volume, smooth, and hydrate the skin of a patient in a safe way. Moreover, they provide a patient with immediate, long-lasting, and fully-reversible results without causing any pain.
So, feel free to give hyaluronic acid injectables a try and feel the power of their numerous benefits!
(Image source: Instagram)
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.