From some of the coolest companies you’ve never heard of, here’s a collection of delightful beauty products that are both cruelty-free and fair trade.
Yikes. The holidays are approaching, and you need to find a present for that socially-conscious-hippie-vegan-hipster you happen to love. What do you buy for the woman who analyses everything she consumes? Relax. I’ve got it handled.
From some of the absolute coolest companies you’ve never heard of, I present to you a collection of delightful beauty products that are both cruelty-free and fair trade. Everything on this list helps to make the world a better place… while making your skin better skin. Here are 5 guilt-free gift ideas!
1. Dark chocolate and mint lip balm from Acure. If you’re going to use your money to make a positive difference in the world, you might as well smell like chocolate in the process. According to a video on the product page, “The beauty of this simple, clean formulation is that 100 percent of the proceeds go to breast and ovarian cancer education and awareness.” It doesn’t get better than that!
2. 100% Pure Argan Oil from Josie Maran. Argan oil is all the rage right now, and this particular bottle is organic, cruelty-free, natural, vegan, recyclable, and paraben-free. Oh, and it’s harvested by co-ops of Moroccan women who earn a living wage. Badass.
3. Sea Buckthorn Hydrating Serum from Sibu. Not only does this amazing company support women in Tibet (and get a thumbs-up from the Dalai Lama!), but their products are all-natural, cruelty-free, vegan, and actually incredible. I’ve been using this serum for a month, and I’m confident I’ll never buy a different moisturizer.
4. Mineral blush from Dirty Beauty. Made from clay, rice powder, and mica, this natural and vegan product is fair trade and gorgeous. This is a great stocking stuffer for makeup collectors.
5. Rosemary Soap from Ten Thousand Villages. This earthy-smelling bath soap was handmade in India, and it wants to make you (or your friend/mom/sister/coworker) very, very happy. When you buy this baby, you’re supporting a company that provides health care and retirement pensions to the people who make the products. Hell yeah.
So go ahead, conscious shopper– simultaneously ease your consumerist guilt and pamper your loved one. Everyone will be happy, and everyone will smell good.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2018. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.