Beautisol: Go Slough Yourself is an exfoliator that can be used on your face and your body. This isn’t a wimpy, gentle exfoliator by any means. The dead skin cells on your body are whisked away, and your skin is left smooth and soft.
Beautisol: Go Slough Yourself – Description and Directions
Exfoliating your skin is key to having soft, smooth skin. It should be done regularly, and if you’re using a good product, it takes no time at all. Beautisol: Go Slough Yourself is definitely a good choice.
Go Slough Yourself comes in a 4-ounce bottle. The product is white in color and has a light, clean scent – definitely not overpowering. At the time of this review, the product retails for $19.
How to Use:
The directions on the bottle read, “Use in the shower on wet, damp skin. Apply a liberal amount of scrub to your hands or your snazzy exfoliating gloves and massage into the skin with circular motions. Rinse well and then bask in the glow of your smooth, soft skin. The scrub can be used on your face as an exfoliating cleanser 1-2 times per week.”.
Not that the scrub is very gritty and abrasive, a plus for exfoliating, but if you have sensitive skin, be careful when using it on your face and definitely watch out for your eyes. Also, we’d recommend using this on your body up to three times per week at most.
Beautisol: Go Slough Yourself – Our Thoughts
Things We Love:
- Texture: This exfoliator is golden in our eyes. We’re sick of the gentle; barely there scrubs that don’t get the job done.
- Dual-Action Exfoliation: Go Slough Yourself uses manual gritty exfoliators as well as a chemical exfoliator, salicylic acid, for the thorough removal of dead skin cells.
- Multi-use: One product, whole body. We’d definitely recommend using a gentle hand when using this on your face. It’s strong enough for your roughest parts, such as elbows and feet, but you don’t need the extra pressure on your face. Gentle circular motions will provide you a great exfoliation.
- Price: A little of this product goes a long way, and priced at only $19, we say bargain!
Something’s We Weren’t Crazy About
- Packaging: Go Slough Yourself comes in a snap-top bottle. With the thick texture of the product, there are some issues with that. It can stuck in the cap, especially if the cap doesn’t close completely and it dries out a bit. Also, when it’s more than half gone, it’s hard to get the product out of the bottom of the bottle.
Beautisol: Go Slough Yourself – Final Thoughts
Beautisol’s main product line is self-tanners, and when you use a self-tanner, you need to have super exfoliated skin in order to wind up with a streak-free tan. Go Slough Yourself absolutely does the job of “sloughing” off dead skin cells quickly and easily.
Aqua (water), Polyethylene (Beads), Diatomaceous Earth, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behenyl Alcohol, Albumen, Kaolin, Salicylic Acid, Passiflora Laurifolia (Passionflower) Flower Extract, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate (D-alpha), Allantoin, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Phytic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Alcohol Denat, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose Stearate, Glycol Distearate, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Xanthan Gum, Dicaprylyl Ether.
Disclosure: Review samples were provided by the manufacturer. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website's content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra's expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.