What shoe do you wear with a miniskirt to maximize your leg without looking cheap? What shoes match the skirt’s lighthearted attitude, and which just look wrong?
The challenge with a miniskirt is to wear one with the right attitude so you don’t end up looking like you’re looking for work when you stand on the corner waiting to cross the street.
Balance a super short style by wearing shoes that have little or no heel. Beaded, sequined, or otherwise sparkly or spangled shoes are also out if they have heels…but if they’re casually styled, they’ll set off your skirt beautifully.
As with any look, make sure the attitude of the skirt fits the attitude of the shoe–i.e., a casual cargo skirt in brushed cotton works better with a chunkier flat than with a delicate, strappy shoe.
What kind of shoes to wear with a mini skirt?
When it comes to choosing shoes to wear with a miniskirt, several options can help maximize your leg without looking cheap. Here are some suggestions from the search results:
- Loafers: Loafers are a great option for a more polished look. They can be worn with or without socks and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- Slingbacks: Slingbacks are a stylish and comfortable option that can be worn with a variety of miniskirt styles. They can be paired with bare legs or tights and come in a range of heel heights.
- Sandals: Sandals are a great choice for warmer weather and can be paired with a variety of miniskirt styles. Flat sandals can be worn for a more casual look, while heeled sandals can dress up the outfit.
- Knee-high boots: Knee-high boots can be a great option for cooler weather and can be paired with a variety of miniskirt styles. They can be worn with bare legs or tights and come in a range of heel heights.
- Pointy-toe flats: Pointy-toe flats can be a great option for a more professional, grown-up vibe. They can help elongate your legs and balance out flippy hems, pleats, and plaid.
- Low strappy heels: Low strappy heels can be a great option for a dressier look. They can be paired with a variety of miniskirt styles and can help elongate your legs.
- White sneakers with socks: White sneakers with socks can be a great option for a more casual, sporty look. They can be paired with a variety of miniskirt styles and can help elongate your legs.
It’s important to note that there are some shoes to avoid when wearing a miniskirt. High heels, especially sky-high stilettos, can make the outfit look too sexy and cheap. Combat boots can also be a tricky choice, as they can make the outfit look too edgy and masculine.
There are several shoe options to wear with a mini skirt that can help maximize your leg without looking cheap. Loafers, slingbacks, sandals, knee-high boots, pointy-toe flats, low strappy heels, and white sneakers with socks are all great options to consider.
For additional inspiration, explore these articles in the Ask the Expert section.
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.