- Hairstyle Tutorials
- Fashion & Style
- Tattoos & Piercings
- Shoes, Bags
Shoes, Boots, Sandals & Heels
Have a question about shoes or boots? This is where you’ll find your answer. And if your query isn’t listed below, feel free to send it along. There’s a good chance someone else is wondering the same thing.
Wondering about the whole ‘shoes after labor day’ thing? Find the answer to that question and more in this FAQs about Shoes.
- It’s All the Rage, But Should You Wear Sneakers with Dresses?: More and more women are embracing the idea of pairing sneakers with dresses. But is it really such a good idea? Here are a few of the pros and cons.
Shoes for All Your Favorite Clothes – The Best Shoes for Your Favorite Clothes
Shoes play a huge role in any outfit. Get it wrong, and it doesn’t matter how lovely the rest of your look is. Get it right, and your golden. Here are tips for choosing the best shoe styles for all your favorite clothes.
Don’t let choosing the wrong shoes to ruin your whole outfit. This guide to selecting footwear will help you pick the right styles for all your favorite clothes.
How to Wear Your Top Shoe Styles – What to Wear with Your Favorite Shoe Styles
Those of us who love shoes have a tendency to sometimes buy them without even thinking whether or not they’ll work with anything in our closet. If you tend to choose the shoes you want to wear first, then you’ve come to the right place. Here are tips for selecting great outfits to pair with all your favorite shoe styles — along with a few tips on what not to wear.
Wondering what to wear with those cute new combat boots? Or maybe how to wear those awesome wedges? Here are your best (and worst) bets for all your favorite shoe styles.
Seasons, Types & Styles
Sometimes you’re not looking for a specific model of shoes or even a particular brand name. Maybe you’re after a cute pair of flats for work or a pair of pretty evening sandals. Or maybe you’re just looking for a source for vegan footwear. It doesn’t really matter, whether you’re looking for the perfect bridal shoes; your best bet in winter boots; chic loafers for the office; or the hottest trends in summer sandals; this is the place you want to be.
How to Wear…
This is the place you go when you want answers to all your shoe styling questions. For example, what are the best shoes for capri pants, or skinny jeans? It’s also where you’ll find the best kind of outfits to wear with your favorite shoe styles, like mules, wedges, or even combat boots.
Shoe Sizes and Fitting
Here you’ll find instructions for measuring your own feet; shoe size conversion charts; retailers that cater to the people who need large, small, narrow, or wide shoes; and tips for getting a good fit.
Shoe Size Charts
These charts will help you convert a simple foot measurement into your shoe size and width, it will also help you find out what sizes you take in other parts of the world. They won’t replace trying on a pair of shoes for yourself, but they can help you estimate or convert your shoe size before ordering online.
- Size Charts for Women: Women’s shoe size charts, conversion charts, and information on large, small, narrow and wide width women’s shoe sizes.
- Size Charts for Men: Find the right fit in men’s shoes with these handy shoe size charts. Convert inches to men’s shoe sizes; learn how to measure your feet and find your shoe size; international shoe size conversion; width charts and more.
- Size Charts for Children: Shoe size charts for boys and girls.
Large, Small, Narrow, Wide
Whether you’ve got large feet or small feet, or need a wide or narrow shoe size, here you’ll find a variety of information and resources.
- Hard to Fit for Women: If you’re looking for women’s shoes in large or small sizes or narrow or wide widths, you’ll find plenty of resources here. Top retailers and shopping information for large, small, wide-width and narrow women’s shoes.
- Hard to Fit for Men: Resources for hard to fit men’s shoe sizes.
How-To Care For Your Shoes
In a perfect world, we’d all have in our possession enough shoes to wear a different pair every single day of the year. But alas, the world is cruel. And so most of us must persist with only one or two (or three or four) dozen pairs of shoes in our wardrobe. To get the most out of all your shoes–especially your most trusted, go-to shoes–there are a lot of simple steps you can take.
- Alternate your shoes daily. For most shoe soles, the material of the sole needs about 24 hours to recover its padding and buoyancy. If you let the soles properly recover, they’ll stay with you for many more miles.
- For women, keep a pair of flats handy in your car. Change into them whenever you drive. Otherwise, you risk breaking a valuable, expensive high heel.
- Clean your shoes frequently. For most leathers, this means first wiping off any surface-level dirt or dust with a damp cloth. Second, wipe your shoes down again with the damp cloth, this time with soapy water. Wipe away the excess. Finally, apply leather cleaner all over the shoes, both inside and out, then wipe away the excess. Let the shoes dry.
- To clean suede or nubuck shoes, scrub the dirt away with a pencil eraser or fine sandpaper. After you’re done, you can rub the shoes with a bath towel to restore the material’s nappy texture.
- Protect your shoes from water and other elements. You can do so simply by polishing or waxing your shoes frequently. Not only will it protect your shoes. It’ll also lend them a nice clean sheen. Just be sure to choose the correct color of polish/wax to go with your shoes. Alternatively, you can purchase water & stain protecting spray, applying to your shoes twice.
- If you wear leather shoes out in the rain (which is something you should avoid if you can, of course), be sure that they dry completely before you wear them again.
- To remove stains or tough scuffs from your shoes, you can use a professional grade dry cleaner or color preparer (test the product on a small area of the shoe to see how well it works before you commit to using it though). Alternatively, you can mix equal parts white vinegar and water, dampen a cloth with the mixture, and scrub away at the stain. For suede or nubuck, use a nylon bristle brush instead of a cloth.
- To deodorize your shoes, sprinkle a good amount of baking soda into them, shake them to distribute the powder evenly, and then let it stand overnight (or for several nights, in extreme cases of smelliness). Baking soda is notorious for absorbing odor-causing bacteria. When your shoes are ready, just shake out the baking soda. You can also apply a shoe freshening spray to help deodorize.
Comfortable Shoes & Foot Care
When it comes to shoes, comfort is of utmost importance. This guide to comfortable shoes features the top brands of comfortable shoes, including shopping info, fashion advice, and the latest styles.
Shopping: Top Sites and Tips
Reviews of online shoe stores; links to the best deals; and tips for finding the best shoes are just a few of the things you’ll find in this big guide to shoe shopping.
Read reviews of your favorite shoe brands and styles for women, men, and kids, or check out how the top online shoe stores rate. Disagree with these expert opinions? No worries, in most cases, you can add your own reviews as well.
Photos & Videos
Photos of celebrity and designer shoes, and the hottest trends and styles, along with tips on how to wear them.
- Shoe Videos: If you’re the type of person who likes to take a visual approach to things, then you’re going to love this collection of shoe videos. With topics ranging from shoe care, repair and maintenance to footwear fashion advice and shopping tips, this ever-growing collection of footwear-related videos will have you stepping out in style in no time.
A love of shoes often goes hand in hand with a love for hosiery. Even if it’s not a matter of passion, it’s sometimes a matter of comfort or convenience. But, whatever reason you’re looking for information on socks, tights, or stockings, you’ve come to the right place.
Designers & Brands
Want to know why everyone loves New Balance, who wears Adidas shoes, or why Manolo Blahnik shoes are so coveted? Or maybe you just want to find the best deal on some cute boots. Either way, this is where you want to look. Items are sorted by the first letter of the brand or designer’s name. For example, articles about Jimmy Choo are in “J,” Rocket Dog in “R,” etc.
History, Design & Shoemaking
If the topic of shoes appeals to you on a deeper level than just what the season’s latest styles are, then this area should have you covered. Here you’ll find a glossary of footwear terms, notable shoe news, information on shoe design and shoemaking, and even a bit of shoe history.
Laces, Clips, Books & More
From no tie, elastic shoelaces to crystal clips for your shoes, here is where you’ll find the latest in shoe accessories, and shoe-themed gifts and books.
What’s your shoe size? Who’s your favorite shoe designer? And when it comes to high heels, how high is too high? For answers to these, and other pressing shoe questions, be sure to have a look at these shoe surveys, quizzes and polls — and don’t forget to share your own thoughts as well.
Organizing Your Shoe Closet
3 Steps to Organizing Your Shoe Closet
A few days ago while sitting in bed on my computer, I looked over at my closet and realized how messy my shoes had gotten. We all know I’m quite the pursuer of shoes and have accumulated a sizeable shoe collection which, as of late has become a bit disorganized. Since we’re approaching the new year and I like to have projects on my to-do list, I figured it’s time I organized my shoe closet. I’m assuming most of you are like me and we don’t have the Devil Wears Prada dream closet, right?
We’ll get their ladies, we will. But for now, we need to improvise. I like to say, “If Carrie Bradshaw can do it in her small New York apartment with a teeny-tiny closet, then we can do it too.”
Here are a few times to best utilize your closet space:
- First thing’s first, color and style. I like to coordinate my shoes by color and then put them into categories by style…. heels, wedges, sneakers, boots, flats, sandals. If you’re the neat freak organizer-type you can get even more specific with closed-toe heels, peep toes, lace-ups, and the list goes on.
- Purge: You’d be surprised how many shoes you own once categorize them. Go through each shoe and if you haven’t worn in over 2 years (that’s two rotation of seasons!) then it’s time to get rid of them. Check out my post on the best way to sell your shoes.
- Get the appropriate racks: add some shoe racks or shelves if you have the room. I love these stackable organizers from Target. If you have a lot of sneakers or flats, these hanging organizers from Amazon are great too! If you have an awkward space or are unsure how to best use your space, I suggest searching Pinterest for ideas. There are some pretty clever ways to organize your shoes.
It may seem daunting but this easy 3 step process is a sure-fire way to an organized shoe closet and once you complete it you’ll feel great about!
Also, I guarantee you’ll find some gems you totally forgot about; it’s like shopping with having to spend money. Here’s to keeping my shoe closet organized for 2018!
The Best Shoe Shopping – Where to Find the Footwear You’re Looking For
Whether your a shoe addict who loves the process of shopping for shoes or the type of person who views shoe shopping as an evil necessity, arming yourself with the right information can make any shoe shopping trip more enjoyable.
From tips for finding a good shoe store to this week’s hottest sales; and where to find cowboy boots, to the best sites for vintage footwear, this guide has all the information you’ll need before your next shopping trip.
Shoes on Sale & Discount Shoes
- Hot Sales: Featuring women’s and men’s shoes that are on sale right now, many of which are discounted 50% or more. Includes top brands and designer labels.
- Discount Shoes for Women: This list contains several of the best web sites for finding brand name and designer shoes at discount prices.
In Need of a Shoe Shopping Spree?
Learn a bit more about some of the national shoe chains with this guide to Shoe Stores, or check out some of these top Online Shoe Stores.
If designer shoes are your thing, you’ll love this article on Where to Find Designer Shoes, complete with reputable web sites selling labels like Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, and Vera Wang.
How and Where to Shop for Shoes
Hot Shoes – Where to Find …
Affordable & Budget Shoes
Not all of us have the fortune to spend on shoes. Fortunately, there are lots of brands and retailers that specialize in trendy and stylish shoes that don’t cost an arm and a leg. Below, I’ve listed several resources for finding great-looking shoes without breaking the bank.
Whether you’re looking for high-end designer shoes or just a good deal on sneakers, this list includes the top places to buy discount shoes online.
If you want to look your best this summer without spending a fortune, then you’ll definitely want to check out this list of online shoe stores that offer sandals for less than $20.
Whether you just like the idea of saving money, or you actually need to save money, this list of places to buy shoes for less will help. Featuring a variety of places to find bargain brands, brand names, and designer shoes for less, there’s something for every budget and taste.
If you’re looking for inexpensive prom shoes, then you’ll definitely want to check this list of shoe stores and online shoe sellers that offer affordable, cheap, and inexpensive prom shoes.
Here are a few examples of the great finds waiting in the women’s department of your nearest Payless ShoeSource.
There is still a special thrill of walking into an actual brick-and-mortar building, filled with nothing but fabulous shoes. Enter Famous Footwear.
Shoes by Color
Everyone responds to color. Some of us are so attached one hue or another that we are actually more likely to buy shoes in a certain shade than we are to shop for a specific style. But, other people tend to shy away from wearing colorful footwear, because they aren’t sure what to pair it with. Here’s where you’ll find shoes in every color in the rainbow, along with tips on how to wear them.
- Want to Add Instant Pop to Any Outfit? Here’s How to Wear Red Shoes: Red shoes are the quickest way to add a bit of pizazz to any outfit. But do they work with just anything? Check out this article to find out.
- How to Wear Colorful Shoes: If all your shoes are black, brown or white, it could be that you have a fear of color. Here are tips for choosing and wearing colorful shoes.
- 5 Things We Love About Silver Sandals: One of the most versatile items you can add to your wardrobe is a pair of silver sandals. Here are just a few of the many reasons we love them.
- What to Wear with Women’s Blue Shoes: Blue shoes are extremely popular, and they’re easy to work into your wardrobe too. Here are styling tips for all your favorite shades.
- How to Work Brown Shoes Into Your Wardrobe: The rules for women’s brown shoes aren’t the same as they are for men’s brown footwear. Check out this helpful article for tips on what to wear with brown shoes, heels, and boots.
- Red Shoes for Women – Top Picks: Think you’re not the red shoe type? You might think again after seeing these women’s shoes in a variety of styles, and in every shade of red.
- Yellow Shoes for Women – Top Picks: When the temperatures start to rise, yellow shoes become nearly irresistible — especially when they’re as pretty as the styles on this list.
- Top Picks in Women’s Green Shoes: Whether you’re looking to jump on the mint green trend of 2013, or just need a pair of killer shoes in another shade of green, you’ll love the styles on this list of top picks for women.
- Pink Shoes: Pink shoes are hot this season, and there are few hotter than those on this list of top picks for 2013. For styles ranging from flats to sky-high heels, and platforms to wedges, be sure to check out these top picks in pink shoes for women.
- Super-Charge Your Navy Outfits With These Unexpected Shoe Colors: Wondering which shoe colors will work best with those navy pants, suits, and dresses? Here are loads of tips for choosing shoes that look good with navy.
- Orange Shoes for Women – Top Picks: Orange shoes are hot for 2012, and if you love fiery footwear, you’ll be happy to know, there are several great styles to choose from. Here are a few of my top picks in orange shoes for women.
This article will help you find the perfect shoes for kids and baby shoes.
Are you an ardent anime aficionado bursting with excitement to showcase your unwavering devotion to…
Finding the perfect pair of shoes can truly elevate your style and complete any outfit…
Most individuals would kill for a few extra inches, and almost everyone would not mind…
A men’s suit always looks advantageous if it is harmoniously complemented by the right shoes.…
I have been thinking about Maryam Nassir Zadeh’s now-ubiquitous Roberta pump since August, when I…