Is purple your favorite color? Then you are probably looking for accessories that will complete your top-to-bottom purple appearance. An amethyst rings would be a beautiful accessory for your hand. Aside from being a plain accessory, these amethyst rings could also be used for important ring functions like becoming an engagement ring, wedding ring, birthstone ring, classy cocktail, or debut ring.
All about the Stone
Amethyst is a precious stone that belongs to the quartz or crystals that are widely used in creating jewelry items and several kinds of personal and household displays. Among all the quartz minerals, amethyst is the most expensive. This precious gem is one of the favorite alternatives to a diamond as the jewelry stone or highlight because of its unique colors. These colors vary in different shades or hues, just like the pink amethyst rings. It can be cut or shaped in different styles and is cheaper than diamonds. Also, many believe or attest to its healing benefits.
Color of the Amethyst Rings
If you try to shop and compare prices of one amethyst engagement ring to another, you will see that their prices differentiate according to the gem’s color hue or shade. Amethysts are generally violet or purple in color, but because of the natural process of their formation, their color and tones have a lot of shade or mixtures.
- The most common and inexpensive ones are the light pinkish violet up to the pure purple color. These amethysts have purple hues below 75%.
- In addition, the other hue or shade is either blue or red.
- On the other hand, the darkest and deepest purple are the rarest and most expensive. Their strong purple hues could range from 75% to 80% or up to the very pure 100%. If you are able to find an amethyst ring with the “Deep Russian” gemstone, then you should invest in it because it’s the purest and rarest type.
Styles and Cuts of the Gemstone
The designs of all the rings studded with amethyst are usually dependent on the style and cut of the amethyst stone. The ring and the setting are generally made out of silver or gold, and they also follow the styling of conventional amethyst rings. When used as a stone or highlight for rings, amethyst is usually cut similar to a diamond. The most popular cuts or shapes include the classic diamond or round cut, heart, emerald cut, princess, oval, cushion, pear, marquise, and trillion shapes.
Amethyst Rings Purchasing Tips
To help you out with your purchase, here are some tips when purchasing rings studded with amethyst stones.
- Choose a ring with a simple shank or setting if you want to highlight the beauty of the amethyst stone. Some rings have elaborate designs for the main ring or shank that the attention is usually divided among these two main parts.
- The hue matters. One of the most important decisions is on the ring’s hue. Of course, nothing beats the beauty of that deep purple colored ring. The lighter hues are usually studded for the less form gemstone or semi-formal styles of rings. As mentioned above, the stone’s hue also determines the price of the ring.
- Ensure that the amethyst stone is properly secured in the setting.
- You need to consider the shop’s return or warranty policies in case of unseen flaws or defects.
- The most important thing to remember is to determine if it is a genuine amethyst stone. Among the few and simple hints to make sure it’s real is to check if the stone has varying shades or tones of the purple color, especially when exposed to light. If the color is somewhat monotone and even on all corners or areas, then it could be synthetic. Real amethyst could scratch glass and stays cool when placed on your forehead or any body part that is too warm to feel. Lastly, you have to know that the so-called green amethyst ring might not contain real amethyst stone; instead, it’s just a Prasiolite crystal.
With these tips, you will be able to obtain the best amethyst rings. Complete your outfit with this ring or simply give it as a token of appreciation to your loved ones. The one wearing this ring will surely feel that she is as precious as the gemstone is.