Jewelry Shopping and Trends Guide
Follow jewelry trends and shop for jewelry. Watching celebrity jewelry is one way to monitor the trends. Celebrities have access to all sorts of designer jewelry, and while I don’t always agree with their selections, the jewelry is fun to look at and is often a good preview of the pieces we’ll see on retail racks in a season or two.
Shopping for jewelry is fun, but it’s important to know exactly what you’re buying. Is that gemstone ring set with a natural gemstone, a treated gemstone, or a gemstone made in a laboratory? There’s a lot to consider before you buy gemstones and precious metals, but don’t worry — I’ll help you sort it out.
- Celebrity Jewelry Trends
- Celebrity Jewelry Profiles
- Accessory Trends
- Jewelry Designer Profiles
- Body Jewelry Advice & Shopping
- Bracelets, Cuffs & Bangles
- Necklaces & Pendants
- Birthstone Jewelry
- Specialty Jewelry & Accessories
- Find a Watch: For more information on the best watches online, ask Rob from WickedCoolWatches.com website.
- Lampwork Beads
How Jewelry Works
Which settings are most durable? Which jewelry clasps are the most secure and easiest to manipulate? A good understanding of jewelry terms and jewelry components makes it so much easier to buy the “right” jewelry when you shop for jewelry online and off.
- Visual Guide to Necklace Styles & Lengths
- Match a Necklace to Your Neckline
- Choose the “Best” Jewelry Clasp
- How to Recognize Jewelry Chains
When it comes to body jewelry, there’s no end to the number of body parts that creative people choose to adorn with it. Use these tips to find and choose the best kinds of body jewelry for your body piercings.
- Best Metals for New Piercings
- Ear Piercing Variations
- Body Jewelry Gauge Chart
- My Belly Button Piercing
- Stretching Your Earlobe Piercings
- Healing Times for Above-the-Waist Piercings
- Heart Themed Belly Button Jewelry
- Unique Belly Rings
- More Body Jewelry Shopping
Bracelets, Cuffs & Bangles
Find all sorts of bracelets and bangles, from chain bracelets to wooden bangles to bracelets set with diamonds and other gemstones.
- Wooden Bangles
- Turquoise Bracelets
- Animal Print Bangles
- Sterling Silver Bracelets
- Contemporary Pearl Bracelets
- Diamond Bracelets
- Traditional Charm Bracelets
- Woven and Link Bracelets
- Italian Charm Bracelets
- More Bracelets
Necklaces & Pendants
There are so many different lengths and types of necklaces and pendants — it’s easy to find something that’s just right for any occasion.
- Big-Link Necklaces
- Favorite Cross Pendants
- Peace Sign Pendant Necklaces
- Multi-Chain Necklaces
- Find a Lariat
- Women’s Gold Chain Necklaces
- Sterling Silver Heart Pendants
- Contemporary Pearl Necklaces
- Colorful Beaded Necklaces
- More Necklaces
There’s something out there for everyone who loves earrings, whether it’s dangles and chandelier earrings that touch your shoulders or elegant, lobe-hugging diamond studs.
- Favorite Hoop Earrings
- Garnet Earrings
- Topaz Earrings
- Earrings to Wear with a Little Black Dress
- Diamond Stud Earrings
- Pearl Earrings
- Chandelier Earrings
- Sterling Silver Hoops
- Gemstone Dangle Earrings
- More Earrings
Find all sorts of jewelry to honor someone’s birth month. Birthstone bracelets and necklaces are always popular, but so are rings and earrings.
- Birthstone Jewelry for All Months
- Birthstone Necklaces and Charm Pendants
- Emerald Jewelry (May)
- Pearl & Alexandrite Jewelry (June)
- Opal Rings (October)
- Peridot Jewelry (August)
- Ruby Jewelry (July)
- Sapphire Pendants (September)
- Topaz Rings (November)
Specialty Jewelry & Accessories
Mom’s jewelry and jewelry for cancer awareness are two kinds of specialty jewelry.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Jewelry
- Python Accessories
- Cufflinks for Men and Women
- Men’s Bracelets
- Find a Pair of Sunglasses
- Jewelry Boxes
- More Specialty Jewelry
- Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Find a Watch
I love watches and have more of them than I truly need — I can’t help myself because they’re available in so many styles. Use these links to find a watch (or two, or three, or more) that you love.
- White Watches
- Conservative Watches for a Job Interview
- Hand Crafted Beaded Watches
- Pocket Watches Under $100
- Pocket Watches Over $100
- More Watch Finds
Lampwork beads have been popular jewelry components for a long time. Bead styles (and the way they are used in jewelry) are ever-changing, but I think lampwork beads, in general, are here to stay. Professional bead makers offer tips to help you purchase beads and galleries walk you through a bunch of different designs.
- How Lampwork Beads Are Made
- Lampwork Bead Buying Advice
- Kim Miles Lampwork Beads
- Faith Davis Ferris Sculptural Beads
- More Handcrafted Lampwork Beads