Is your social calendar filling up for the year? If you’ve got weddings, milestone birthdays, charity balls and more to attend in 2023, you’re going to need quite a few outfit changes. An easy way to update your party season look is with some choice accessories. The finishing touch to any outfit, we are loving metallic clutch bags this year for their ability to polish off any evening formal look. Keep reading to discover our top style tips and favorite metallic clutches in 2023.
- Size: Consider something small and compact for events
- Color: A silver clutch bag is normally easiest to wear, but gold clutches can also be stunning for those with olive skin or the right colored outfit.
- Material: For understated opt for a shimmery vegan leather exterior. To dial up the glam factor, consider a crystal mesh or shimmery studs.
Metallic bags can add a touch of glamor and shine to your outfit, and there are many ways to style them depending on the occasion and your personal style. Here are a few tips to help you style metallic bags:
- Keep the rest of your outfit simple: When you’re wearing a metallic bag, let it be the star of your outfit. Keep the rest of your outfit neutral and understated to avoid overwhelming the look.
- Coordinate with metallic accessories: Pairing a metallic bag with other metallic accessories like jewelry or shoes can create a cohesive and polished look.
- Pair with monochromatic outfits: A metallic bag can add a pop of shine to a monochromatic outfit. For example, a silver bag paired with an all-black outfit can make a statement.
- Use as a statement piece: If you’re wearing a simple outfit, a metallic bag can be used as a statement piece. Opt for a bold color like gold or rose gold to really make an impact.
- Dress it up or down: Metallic bags can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Pair with jeans and a sweater for a casual look, or pair with a dress for a more formal event.
Ready to start shopping for your new metallic handbag in 2023? Here are our top picks all available from Olga Berg to keep you in style for party season.
This gorgeous silver metallic bag screams party time and dance floor vibes. It’s easy to dress up for a formal wedding or ball, and just as easy to wear for a more casual night on the town. It’s ultra sparkly thanks to its crystal mesh pouch, and comfortable to wear with two metal ring handles. We love how chic it looks when worn on the wrist like bangles!
If your preferred style is underrated, then this is the perfect metallic handbag for you! In a gold metallic textured vegan leather covering, it will work best with a little black dress to really pop. We love that it shimmers without being too OTT – just right for more of a sophisticated affair.
Perfect for pairing with a crisp white suit or dress, get the Midas touch with the Bianca Bag. Gold can be a difficult color sometimes to wear, so we recommend rocking this with a monochrome color palette and a little confidence.Featuring a ball mesh exterior, this gold mesh bag is soft and slouchy and has a zipper closure to keep your essentials secure.
Extra shimmery when it catches the light, try the Gabby Metallic Clutch for another understated option. It’s fitted with hundreds of hotfix stones applied to a glittery surface, and the result is magic! You’ll fit all of your event essentials inside including your smart phone.
Ever wanted a croissant bag? Now you can have a stunning metallic one with the Jessica bag! We love this option in black as its super easy to style with any wardrobe choice making it the perfect option for your next event. Featuring a crystal mesh body and knotted handle detailing, this bag is large enough for all your event essentials including a large smartphone.
Inspired to wear a metallic clutch to your next event? Whether you choose silver, gold, or rose gold or go all neutral black, its an easy way to instantly dial up the glam factor of your overall look without spending a fortune!
Iskra Banović is our seasoned Editor-in-Chief at BlueFashion. She has been steering the website’s content and editorial direction since 2013. With a rich background in fashion design, Iskra’s expertise spans across fashion, interior design, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and culture.